This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by bigjeffrey (4711 posts) -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546716

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/130425/04.html

Translation:

At E3 this year, we are not planning to launch new hardware, and our main activity at E3 will be to announce and have people experience our software. Many people are certainly very interested in learning more about the Wii U titles that we are going to announce. We will use E3 as an ideal opportunity to talk in detail mainly about the Wii U titles that we are going to launch this year, and we also plan to make it possible for visitors to try the games immediately. As a brand new challenge, we are working to establish a new presentation style for E3.

First, we decided not to host a large-scale presentation targeted at everyone in the international audience where we announce new information as we did in the past.

Instead, at the E3 show this year, we are planning to host a few smaller events that are specifically focused on our software lineup for the U.S. market. There will be one closed event for American distributors, and we will hold another closed hands-on experience event, for mainly the Western gaming media. Also, I did not speak at last year’s presentation, and I am not planning to speak at these events at the E3 show this year either. Apart from these exclusive events for visitors, we are continuing to investigate ways to deliver information about our games directly to our home audience around the time of E3. We will share more information about them once they have officially been decided.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (35834 posts) -

I'm pretty sure this is spam. (I would have capitalized something in that sentence, but it all made too much sense.)

#3 Posted by Andorski (5173 posts) -

Sounds kinda crazy, but considering the flop of a conference Nintendo has been holding in recent years alongside the decent successes they have had with their Nitnendo Direct events, not having an E3 conference might make some sense.

Since this is Kotaku though, I'd take this news as rumor until a more reputable site makes the same claims.

#4 Edited by JayEH (516 posts) -

Really strange, I understand they don't have new consoles like Sony and Microsoft but this was their chance to have a huge showcase of all the games that will be coming out later in the year. Doing these smaller events focused on hardcore fans is cool but they need more mainstream media attention.

#5 Edited by Chaser324 (6263 posts) -

The title to this thread is a bit misleading. Basically, it sounds like they'll be there with a typical show floor presence, but instead of renting out the Kodak Theatre and doing a big production, they'll do smaller closed door events for attendees and probably something resembling a Nintendo Direct for home audiences.

Also, you really should include a bit more meat with the OP. Creating threads that just contain a link are subject to being locked. At some point, we really need to do something with your wild use of capitalization, too.

#6 Posted by JayEH (516 posts) -

@andorski: the news came from Iwata himself

#7 Edited by familyphotoshoot (652 posts) -

>Kotaki

Holy shit I may die from laughter.

#8 Posted by Andorski (5173 posts) -

@jayeh said:

@andorski: the news came from Iwata himself

The only source of this I see is in Japanese text, and I wouldn't put it passed Kotaku to fuck up the translation and not double check for accuracy.

#9 Posted by Marino (4579 posts) -

I've edited the post to include an actual translation. It's legit.

Staff Online
#10 Edited by metalsnakezero (2286 posts) -

No, this is real. Siliconera got it.

Man, it going to be a bit off without a big showing of Nintendo at E3.

#11 Edited by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

RIP NESTER

#12 Edited by Chaser324 (6263 posts) -