No Quick Looks this morning?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Corevi

I have today off (Remembrance Day) and was hoping to marathon a bunch of QLs of the games that came out today (Both ACs, Master Chef Collection, Lego Batmin 3: The Domination and Sonic Boom) but there's been nothing. I read somewhere that Unity's embargoed till noon EST but that doesn't explain the rest.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By rjayb89

They are definitely an unpredictable bunch. I could see an impromptu stream of the games in the afternoon today so don't count them out. They could also just not be on the schedule, as the Advanced Warfare Quick Look posted without notice, possibly to detract people who figure out the download links when the schedule gives them a heads up.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

Not sure what the status of Halo is, may not have been able to do a full quick look yet. I recall Jeff saying something on Twitter a couple days ago about not being able to get a good idea of the game yet since matchmaking wasn't on yet or whatever. Between that, the 20 GB patch and XBL taking a dump for a lot of people last night after it was released, I'd kind of rather that they wait until they can show both story and multiplayer. I mean, it doesn't matter to me anyway since I've already bought the game, but at least they can give a more complete picture.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i wonder who will play dragon age

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexgbro said:

Hopefully Dave Snider. If that can't happen then Matthew Rorie is the next best pick.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I will comically slap my hand on my hat in surprise if no QLs show up today. The Coming Up On Giant Bomb schedule can be unreliable.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexgbro said:

Rorie's playing it.

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who needs quicklooks when you have metal gear scanlon?!

But seriously, I wanna hear the GB crew talk about asscreed unity. I'm waiting on bombin the am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We'll be recording Unity today (I didn't make it into the office yesterday). Worth noting that neither AC: Rogue nor Lego Batman were sent out ahead of release, so we probably won't have videos of those up until later this week.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@alex said:

We'll be recording Unity today (I didn't make it into the office yesterday). Worth noting that neither AC: Rogue nor Lego Batman were sent out ahead of release, so we probably won't have videos of those up until later this week.

Will you be looking at PC or console for Unity (or both)? I know the embargo isn't up until noon EST but there's been a lot of chatter regarding poor framerate/texture pop-in on the PS4/XBO.

I really liked how you and Vinny went through both the PC and console versions of Lords of the Fallen.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Corevi

@alex: I'm surprised that GBEAST got the major game this week. Pleasantly surprised.

alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastgunslinger: Only version of AC: Unity I have right now is Xbox One. Might try and grab the PC version in the office today so we can take a brief look at it.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KaneRobot

Jeff did mention on Twitter in the last hour or two what I mentioned above, looks like they're holding off on Halo until online stuff works.

Looking forward to what could be a pretty messy AC U video.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alex: thanks, totally seems a game up GBEAST's alley!

I dread the MCC quicklook as more and more things are conspiring to make me run out and buy an xbone.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure we will see them all soon. It's funny though that the schedule bar is there, yet it often isn't even updated at all.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah bummer about AC or Dragon Age Quick Looks. I worry Dragon Age won't get any attention on this site, despite the positive buzz it's getting. I really don't see any of them playing it, which is unfortunate.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17  Edited By Nodima

@kishinfoulux said:

Yeah bummer about AC or Dragon Age Quick Looks. I worry Dragon Age won't get any attention on this site, despite the positive buzz it's getting. I really don't see any of them playing it, which is unfortunate.

(Pretty sure) Rorie's going to drive the Quick Look later this week according to Jeff on either his Mixlr or somewhere.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unity is getting all this attention, I'm weirdly curious what the hell Rogue is about. Cus that's where all the fun stuff from AC4 is continued (pirate stuff) and Im wondering if they did anything interesting at all with the idea of being a templar or if its just you wear a red uniform now and do the same shit you always do

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue's a massive bottlejob anyway. The one chance they could've painted The Troubles as a giant Templar conspiracy and they decide to play it safe. Tisk, tisk.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Luckily I have alluh this Extra Life footage to get through otherwise I'd totally be slamming Alex for this.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Unity is getting all this attention, I'm weirdly curious what the hell Rogue is about. Cus that's where all the fun stuff from AC4 is continued (pirate stuff) and Im wondering if they did anything interesting at all with the idea of being a templar or if its just you wear a red uniform now and do the same shit you always do

I mean, look at the opening of AC3 for your answer. The only difference between Templars and Assassins is personal hygiene, apparently. (Decided to spoiler-text it just in case people still haven't experienced that part yet)

tadros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By tadros

Quick Looks take a ton more time than people give these guys credit for. You got to remember the staff is only a hand full of guys, and three of them aren't even in SF anymore. Each game needs to be played BEFORE creating the Quick Look so they don't just look stupid playing the game for the first time in a video. Also, I'm sure Jeff, Brad, and Dan are busy writing reviews for the listed games. Not to mention audio syncing and video editing that Drew and Jason have to take care of after the video content is recorded. It's a tight-nit group of guys, and that being said, you have to give them a break on these things. If they were a staff of 30, it'd be unacceptable, but a staff of 6 in SF 1 in Chicago and 2 in NYC, meh, it's not enough.

Also, don't forget the Bombcast needs to be recorded - that's strictly the most scheduled content that they have, and probably their most popular.