• 55 results
firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By firecracker22

I don't think it's a big deal for either system. Atleast, not for me.

Whereas last time, when I jumped onto a 360 and then a PS3....I was ready to leave behind the OG Xbox and PS2, this time I'm not. That 360 and PS3 I have now, both that are the newer S models so don't sound like jet engines, I'm still going to use them no matter what. I wasn't planning on boxing them away anytime soon, so I think that's why I'm okay with it. My PS3 will probably continue to be a blu-ray, netflix, hulu plus, and amazon prime machine even IF I decide I'm tired of playing PS3 games.

But, I was definitely on the other side of this when this generation had begun.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@shinjiex said:

P.S. After playing The Last of Us do we really need next gen yet?

*rolleyes*

Yes, we do, because apart from naughty dog and a handfull of other devs no one can make a game on ancient hardware that doesn't looks and plays like total ass, also in a years time 360 and ps3 games will be reduced to shitty licensed/yearly crap and the odd shovelware while all the good stuff will be on the next gen consoles, so you might as well just deal with it.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'll make the money back selling the "HD" version, or whatever equivalent they'll have for that in the future. The real problem is the lack of first party new IP, well specifically for Microsoft, Sony has always been more willing to invest in new IP.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Who actually honestly cares? I mean, really? How much have you used backwards compatibility in the past? I know I only used it for about two or three games on my 360, and even then only for a month or so after launch. After that I just didn't care at all because I had new games to play.

Also, it really only matters if you are getting rid of your old console, otherwise you'll still have it to play your old games! Is it that big of a problem to have to hook up your old console to play an old game?

I just think this whole thing is silly. Backwards compatibility isn't necessary, at least in this situation.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I don't care about backwards compatibility. If there was, then the PS4 and One probably would have cost a lot more. Also the PS3 and 360 will be around for awhile.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@hunkulese thanks for getting all verklempt over this conversation while conveniently ignoring the part about Gaikai, and what Sony *hopes* to do with that service.

I swear, gamers get ants in their pants over the tiniest details. Backwards compatibility means I am playing games from older generations on my new system. I really don't care about a semantic, technical argument over that. You know what I'm talking about but for some reason you care that I'm speaking from a typical consumer perspective instead of a tech nerd.

Again, I just want to be able to play games like Sleeping Dogs, Just Cause 2 or the Mass Effect series on my PS4 if they can find a way, even five years from now. And we've all heard Sony dance tentatively around that conversation without going into specifics, so I will continue to dream on. Hope you can understand.