Not keeping up with the times, Mind Blown away

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Godwind

I have to say, it has been one year since I have seriously looked into shopping for Video games. Mostly due to the change in my life style and the costs of dealing with certain goods which offset buying video games. Things like picking up Kumdo, which demand a lot of my time for practice. I have to prepare for two tournaments, one in the Fall semester and one in the spring semester. In addition, I have had to focus a lot more of my time into school. In addition, I have been spending a good deal of time at work (which has been an improvement from my previous places of employment.) Although the true heart tackler have been video games themselves. My expectations of video games has gone done, which includes things from Nintendo (Remember when I made the Wii Defense Force?) Wii U doesn't like a very good system. Nintendo really hasn't been pushing out games as well as they should for all the time they put into it. Skyward Sword is a good game, but I realized the things that are important to me in a game is the freedom to explore and expand which older games did far better for me. Also, the feeling that video game companies tend to make me feel more like a cash cow then a respectable customer.

Anyways, now I am starting to get back into shopping for Video games. I am even getting my PS3 repaired which hasn't been able to read discs for nearly 2 years now. That being said, I have a lot of catching up to do with the PS3 as well. Some which include some Wii games I Missed. Now is a fairly good time to pick them up with used game prices going down. But a lot can change in one year. I know there were a lot of discussions by publishers on how to undermine used game sales and business strategies that are doomed to fail anyways.

My question is, what should I watch out for? The most recent games I have bought is Animal Crossing, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and Donkey Kong Country Returns and that was about a month ago. Besides that, I haven't bought anything since last summer.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong
GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By GalacticPunt

Xenoblade Chronicles is great, if you're into the genre. I'm 59 hours into it, probably another 25 hours before I see the credits!

Best Buy was selling Sin and Punishment: Star Successor for $5 this week. Kind of unlikely the stores still have it, but there were plenty of copies laying around in both stores I visited, while the other games in the clearance sale were wiped out. Really sad that they basically can't GIVE AWAY such a good little game.

As far as all the big HD releases you've missed with a dead PS3 for two years, I wouldn't know where to start. Wait a second, yes I would!

Saints Row The Third.

Don't bother with any of the DLC unless you can get it all in a really cheap bundle. The core game is a pure joy.

Thepyromaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Thepyromaker

I know the game The Last Story is coming out for the Wii in the second week of august. I've only heard good things and I plan of getting it. Dishonored, a game being produced by Bethesda, looks to be a really interesting game in terms of exploring it's game engine. There have been stories of people figuring out "game break" combos with the player abilities, and the developers saying lets leave it in and how can we use it.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Sooperspy

I don't own a Wii so I can't really recommend anything for that, but I will happily recommend some games for Ps3.

• Uncharted 3. Of course I must include this, and if you haven't played the first 2, then get those too.
  • Saints Row: The Third
  • LA Noire
  • Portal 2. Same with Uncharted. If you haven't played Portal 1, go seek that out too.
  • TES: Skyrim

There ya go.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ShaggE

Arkham City. Don't know how it fares on PS3, but I don't recall any complaints.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Jimbo

WDF ASSEMBLE!

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By McGhee

The most fun I've had with a game in a while is Spelunky. Just bring your patience with you.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By AssInAss

What was the mind blown away part?

For PS3, Journey. Do it in one sitting, though.

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dropabombonit

Basically agree with what everyone has already listed here. I would say just get PS Plus because you will get 12 free games that are all worth playing

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Justin258

Darksiders 2 and Dishonored. I think both of those look like they could turn out really, really good.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Godwind

@AssInAss said:

What was the mind blown away part?

For PS3, Journey. Do it in one sitting, though.

After researching some games available, so much has come out compared to when I last checked.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#13  Edited By Little_Socrates
Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Cincaid

Your "See mini bio" pretty much sums up my (prejudice) view of the Wii Defense Force. :)

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By DeF

@GalacticPunt said:

Xenoblade Chronicles is great, if you're into the genre. I'm 59 hours into it, probably another 25 hours before I see the credits!

more like another 25 hours until you're another 20 hours away from the ending ;-)

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Video_Game_King

Man, I thought you were banned or something. Anyway, Wii game recommendations. Fragile Dreams is the only one I'll recommend because I'm certain that only one (possibly three) other person (people (damn plural pronouns)) will recommend it in this thread.