• 68 results
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By FrankCanada97

It's time for another instalment of Notable/Interesting Events from the Giant Bomb Community.  
The first instalment in this series was: Persona 4 Endurance Run Ep. 50 Uproar.

The recent reactions to a thread asking whether there are any girls on Giant Bomb have made me recall a time last year when a new user made a forum posted blog entry (I know a weird tangent). The day was Sept. 22nd 2009, and it began as any other day on the forums, until one Ms_Chivios posted a blog entitled " Modeling Gig Tomorrow!!!!", barring grievous spelling errors, this blog was out of the ordinary. It also brought into wide contact an element almost unheard of in the GB community, females. The blog proclaimed that Ms_Chivios or "Erin", as she called herself, was going to have a modelling gig the next day and promised to share the pictures. She noted that it would be a "fairly provocative shoot". The first few posts were okay, most were wishing "Erin" luck on the gig. But a few foreboding posts foreshadowed what was to come.

@Ms_Chivios: 
Hahaha, This thread is win, 

Best of luck, to you, But i would reconsider putting risque shots up, But that's just my opinion, 

Just one thing you are awfully new to the site, You have embraced it fast eh? 
Hope it all goes well :)  

This was followed with this response:

@Red12b: 
This is going to be my ultimate test for if I stay here.  IF the perverted comments make me laugh, then I am going to stay.  :D  

The blog soon was filled with interested forum dwellers looking to see what's up, and I think that blog began it's downward spiral with this post on page 4.

@creamypies said:

" I've got my lube and tissues ready! "

Aaaaand we're done. Clear out everyone. Thread's over. 
But, the thread wasn't over, the ravenous masses demanded to see the photos and the thread devolved into a thread of creepy comments, doubts of the OP's true gender, a race to 4 pages of posts (ended with 32 pages) and doubts about the OP's motives as illustrated by one forum regular:

@Ms_Chivios said:

" @Shazam: How am I personally giving you a bad name?  This is the kind of person that I am.  Something amazing happens, and I want to share it with people.  Call it a personality flaw if you must, but do not attack my personality.  If it offends you that much, then put it in a nice little PM and we can discuss it as the mature adults that we are.  You are making it seem like I am attacking you personally.  How am I doing that?  "

Haha, quit with the lil Ms innocent act, Ms Chevios :). Your ultimately saying your open minded and happy enough to share provocative images of your body withguys you don't know, on a videogame forum. It has taken you a measly two posts on this forum to make you confident in doing so, lol.   

You do so with no prior knowledge of what long standing female members of this forum have had to endure consistently. Your attempts at getting a cheap, fiddle, (enjoy those PM's lol)  have done them no favours at all, for it is they the will face the brunt of your actions, not you with your laxity and open mind. 

Anyway, hurry up and post those pics will you, this thread is getting even duller. 
One observant user noted:

My god, what happened to this thread, it went from100 posts to 600, overnight. 

The blog/thread was closed with a grand total of 16,131 views and 630 posts in under 3 days. You'd think that was the end of that, until Ms_Chivios posted the photos in a new blog entitled " Pictures from my Photoshoot" two days later. She showed those that doubted her gender and appeared to have the last laugh. Again, the first few posts were okay, some offering their constructive criticisms and opinions. And people were starting to warm up to her. But somewhere along the line things got out of hand and I'm assuming posts got deleted because of reactions to those supposed comments. The OP took the the photos down and replaced the first post with a message to the dark side of the GB community. The user has since never returned, and a shadow was cast over the GB community. Her lasting legacy will be the picture she left us on her profile page, again a message to the bad elements of the GB community. The event was summed up by one poster:

I don't seem to understand why everyone's being a huge dick to her. Nobody invited anyone to come into this thread, no, this is actually one of her blog posts.

Actually, no, fuck it. What kind of demographic am I even talking to, here? It's probably not worth the effort. 

Has the community improved since then? Are still susceptible to scaring away new users who want to express themselves? Why is the occurrence of "girl-gamers" met with such reactions? I guess it must be because of that "ItalyCanadian9" incident. (Should I chronicle that for the next instalment?) What are your thoughts on what transpired that week?
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By FrankCanada97

It's time for another instalment of Notable/Interesting Events from the Giant Bomb Community.  
The first instalment in this series was: Persona 4 Endurance Run Ep. 50 Uproar.

The recent reactions to a thread asking whether there are any girls on Giant Bomb have made me recall a time last year when a new user made a forum posted blog entry (I know a weird tangent). The day was Sept. 22nd 2009, and it began as any other day on the forums, until one Ms_Chivios posted a blog entitled " Modeling Gig Tomorrow!!!!", barring grievous spelling errors, this blog was out of the ordinary. It also brought into wide contact an element almost unheard of in the GB community, females. The blog proclaimed that Ms_Chivios or "Erin", as she called herself, was going to have a modelling gig the next day and promised to share the pictures. She noted that it would be a "fairly provocative shoot". The first few posts were okay, most were wishing "Erin" luck on the gig. But a few foreboding posts foreshadowed what was to come.

@Ms_Chivios: 
Hahaha, This thread is win, 

Best of luck, to you, But i would reconsider putting risque shots up, But that's just my opinion, 

Just one thing you are awfully new to the site, You have embraced it fast eh? 
Hope it all goes well :)  

This was followed with this response:

@Red12b: 
This is going to be my ultimate test for if I stay here.  IF the perverted comments make me laugh, then I am going to stay.  :D  

The blog soon was filled with interested forum dwellers looking to see what's up, and I think that blog began it's downward spiral with this post on page 4.

@creamypies said:

" I've got my lube and tissues ready! "

Aaaaand we're done. Clear out everyone. Thread's over. 
But, the thread wasn't over, the ravenous masses demanded to see the photos and the thread devolved into a thread of creepy comments, doubts of the OP's true gender, a race to 4 pages of posts (ended with 32 pages) and doubts about the OP's motives as illustrated by one forum regular:

@Ms_Chivios said:

" @Shazam: How am I personally giving you a bad name?  This is the kind of person that I am.  Something amazing happens, and I want to share it with people.  Call it a personality flaw if you must, but do not attack my personality.  If it offends you that much, then put it in a nice little PM and we can discuss it as the mature adults that we are.  You are making it seem like I am attacking you personally.  How am I doing that?  "

Haha, quit with the lil Ms innocent act, Ms Chevios :). Your ultimately saying your open minded and happy enough to share provocative images of your body withguys you don't know, on a videogame forum. It has taken you a measly two posts on this forum to make you confident in doing so, lol.   

You do so with no prior knowledge of what long standing female members of this forum have had to endure consistently. Your attempts at getting a cheap, fiddle, (enjoy those PM's lol)  have done them no favours at all, for it is they the will face the brunt of your actions, not you with your laxity and open mind. 

Anyway, hurry up and post those pics will you, this thread is getting even duller. 
One observant user noted:

My god, what happened to this thread, it went from100 posts to 600, overnight. 

The blog/thread was closed with a grand total of 16,131 views and 630 posts in under 3 days. You'd think that was the end of that, until Ms_Chivios posted the photos in a new blog entitled " Pictures from my Photoshoot" two days later. She showed those that doubted her gender and appeared to have the last laugh. Again, the first few posts were okay, some offering their constructive criticisms and opinions. And people were starting to warm up to her. But somewhere along the line things got out of hand and I'm assuming posts got deleted because of reactions to those supposed comments. The OP took the the photos down and replaced the first post with a message to the dark side of the GB community. The user has since never returned, and a shadow was cast over the GB community. Her lasting legacy will be the picture she left us on her profile page, again a message to the bad elements of the GB community. The event was summed up by one poster:

I don't seem to understand why everyone's being a huge dick to her. Nobody invited anyone to come into this thread, no, this is actually one of her blog posts.

Actually, no, fuck it. What kind of demographic am I even talking to, here? It's probably not worth the effort. 

Has the community improved since then? Are still susceptible to scaring away new users who want to express themselves? Why is the occurrence of "girl-gamers" met with such reactions? I guess it must be because of that "ItalyCanadian9" incident. (Should I chronicle that for the next instalment?) What are your thoughts on what transpired that week?
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

I had pretty much no involvement during that. I don't even think I was online much during the three days that it happened. Hell, I never even saw the pics. 

On an unrelated note, Jayge has an obsession with this incident. Not forum related however.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By rallier

Never forget Italycanadian9, never forget...

That modelling thread was a bit silly to begin with, why someone would want to start such a thing is beyond me. It is like starting a thread about beliefs and hoping for it to be constructive.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By StarFoxA

Ahaha, I remember that.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By eroticfishcake

I remember that thread. What a complete clusterfuck that was. Threads that revolve around gender go straight to the shitter so quickly. Ugh.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

At least it turned out to be legit, in the end.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By kishan6

i do not recall the italycanadian9 incident and i have been at least looking at the forums for a couple years?? please tell

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FrankCanada97
@natetodamax said:
" I had pretty much no involvement during that. I don't even think I was online much during the three days that it happened. Hell, I never even saw the pics. 

On an unrelated note, Jayge has an obsession with this incident. Not forum related however. "
If you care, at least one picture survived in that blog. It was quoted by a user.
Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Romination

This is wonderful to hear because it makes the internet an even sadder place.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rallier
@kishan6 said:

" i do not recall the italycanadian9 incident and i have been at least looking at the forums for a couple years?? please tell "

here you go: http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic/31/your-favourite-giant-bomber/10673/#620

Grab some popcorn because that thread is imensly entertaining to read. 

IC9 was one of the day one members who everyone believed to be a girl. "She" often started religious threads and other threads that made a mess and "her" motto was "god is my life". 
MattyFTM was not a mod back in the day and BoG was so keep that in mind.
NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By NinjaHunter

I remember this. I chose not to post if I recall correctly.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By jkz
@NinjaHunter said:

" I remember this. I chose not to post if I recall correctly. "

Me as well. I came in after it had all gone to shit, and after reading 3 posts, I sighed and left the thread.
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By tebbit
@natetodamax said:
" I had pretty much no involvement during that. I don't even think I was online much during the three days that it happened. Hell, I never even saw the pics. 

On an unrelated note, Jayge has an obsession with this incident. Not forum related however. "
Yes, but Jayge has an obsession with plenty of things. I'm sure him and Biff co-own a crack den in the woods.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Rallier: Ah yes, BoG. I wonder what he's up to nowadays, didn't he say he was going to do missionary work?
rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rallier
@FrankCanada97: Yep, to some Island if i recall correctly. He did mention that he would be coming back at some point.
Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jeffsekai

Man that was funny.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#17  Edited By the8bitNacho

There are still people on Giant Bomb I have zero respect for due to the way they acted in that thread.  Prominent, well-liked members.  They can still got to hell for all I care.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By StaticFalconar

I did remember that but didn't post since I didn't have anything to say. Too bad the majority of people that did post just scared her off which just goes to show that the "darkside" of GB (or any community really), are the ones that are loudest. 

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Rallier said:
" @FrankCanada97: Yep, to some Island if i recall correctly. He did mention that he would be coming back at some point. "
It'll be a momentous homecoming I'm sure.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Red12b
@FrankCanada97:  
You're the fucking man for doing this, 
Endogene must be next, then The podcast with Leigh Alexander, jesus christ, what a backlash, Not deserved,  
The thing that sucks though, if you do decide to dig up the past, are you going to like what you find? 

@Kombat
said:
" There are still people on Giant Bomb I have zero respect for due to the way they acted in that thread.  Prominent, well-liked members.  They can still got to hell for all I care. "
Same here. 
kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kishan6
@Rallier said:
" @kishan6 said:

" i do not recall the italycanadian9 incident and i have been at least looking at the forums for a couple years?? please tell "

here you go: http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic/31/your-favourite-giant-bomber/10673/#620  Grab some popcorn because that thread is imensly entertaining to read.   IC9 was one of the day one members who everyone believed to be a girl. "She" often started religious threads and other threads that made a mess and "her" motto was "god is my life". MattyFTM was not a mod back in the day and BoG was so keep that in mind. "
okay that was a pretty awesome thread however not quite as funny as the christian emo kid that was preaching about his religion. now THAT was hilarious! 
thanks for the link tho
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By Dalai

That was some of BiffMcBlumpkin's finest work. 

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Red12b said:
" @FrankCanada97:  
You're the fucking man for doing this, 
Endogene must be next, then The podcast with Leigh Alexander, jesus christ, what a backlash, Not deserved,  
The thing that sucks though, if you do decide to dig up the past, are you going to like what you find? 

I was hoping to continue this series, but I also want to include the positives/funnies. There's just a treasure trove waiting for me in the comments and forums. I do hope the negatives don't outnumber the positives. I'm glad you liked the blog, did you check out the P4 ER Ep. 50 one? Or did you not follow the P4 Endurance Run?
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Red12b
@FrankCanada97:  
You know, there is a strong rumour that it was Dave Snider on his holiday stirring some shit up on the forums,  
But alas, I think we will never know for sure. 
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Red12b
@FrankCanada97:  
I didn't follow it, too much video, too little bandwidth.  
I tried to watch this one, but it's getting too expensive, NZ Internet is still very expensive, I am 20 gig over, going to have to pay $40 dollars extra this month. 
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By DanielJW

Good times. Gooood times.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Red12b: Ah well, it was pretty funny watching all those posts decrying the end of the world. I think the comments in the Behind the Scenes of Episode 50 had the highest number of comments for a video in GB history.
gunharp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By gunharp
@FrankCanada97 

I really like the post, I would have never heard about this otherwise. I'd like to read about other stories I missed out on, so chronicle away.
Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#29  Edited By Lies

Missing the whole linkyshinks sidestory to this incident, which is still one of the weirdest fucking things ever.

I believe he claimed snide was behind the whole topic actually.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By meteora

Its people like us that girls never pop up in forums like these.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Lies: Hmm... I thought I added that in I should do fix that.
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#32  Edited By beargirl1

haha best thread ever 

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Red12b
@FrankCanada97:  
Mattys drunk blog NEEDS to be there.  
And I will check out that thread/comments section of ep 50, just for you. 
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wait, where was I during all this? *hopes that I did not post in that thread at the time*

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Lies said:

" Missing the whole linkyshinks sidestory to this incident, which is still one of the weirdest fucking things ever.  I believe he claimed snide was behind the whole topic actually. "

Could you point me to the specific page number and which of the two blogs, I'm afraid I might have lost it.

@Red12b said:
" @FrankCanada97:  Mattys drunk blog NEEDS to be there.  And I will check out that thread/comments section of ep 50, just for you.  "
Sorry to say that there were so many comments that they all had to be deleted or they got reset. And the drunk blog, I think I'll let a little time pass on that one.
Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Aetos

I remember this. It was way before I made an account, but I had started to browse the forums to see what the community was like. It didn't turn me away from the site though mostly because Biff's posts were great.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DystopiaX
@kishan6 said:
" @Rallier said:
" @kishan6 said:

here you go: http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic/31/your-favourite-giant-bomber/10673/#620  Grab some popcorn because that thread is imensly entertaining to read.   IC9 was one of the day one members who everyone believed to be a girl. "She" often started religious threads and other threads that made a mess and "her" motto was "god is my life". MattyFTM was not a mod back in the day and BoG was so keep that in mind. "
okay that was a pretty awesome thread however not quite as funny as the christian emo kid that was preaching about his religion. now THAT was hilarious! thanks for the link tho "
Thread is epic. Only on page 12 though, lol.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By ajamafalous
@Red12b said:
" @FrankCanada97: if you do decide to dig up the past, are you going to like what you find? "
Are you referencing a SuperMooseman-related incident, perhaps?
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Red12b
@ajamafalous said:
" @Red12b said:
" @FrankCanada97: if you do decide to dig up the past, are you going to like what you find? "
Are you referencing a SuperMooseman-related incident, perhaps? "
No, there are many incidents in which users have acted like shit heads, that's what I am referring. I don't want this to be all bad shit, there have been awesome moments in the GB Community so I hope these will be shown. 
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By penguindust
@Red12b:  I remember quite a few hissy fits in which forum members announced their departure over some incident or hurt feelings.  I don't remember the players involved, but there was one where the collection of members claimed they weren't getting enough respect and so they were leaving.  I think they're still here.  Honestly, I don't know what sets off half of these episodes.  I always feel like I've arrived late to the party and the host is covered in fruit punch.  What happened?  However, I can agree with your sentiment that not every memorable event at Giant Bomb is a negative one.  Like in real life, it's easier to recall the unfavorable ordeals that we are a part of, but there are quite a few occasions where the membership at Giant Bomb have shown themselves to be amicable and even supportive.  I'll admit that those threads would seem puny in comparison to the Modeling discussions of the world, but I find several still memorable.  Let's not forget that this incident spawned one of the all time great GB posts "Giant Bomb's Official Male Modeling Thread".  Although, it seems to have completely disappeared from the forums which is too bad because it was riotously funny.

To FankCanada97's original question, no I don't think we've changed.  As much as I'd like to think we have, I fear that if very similar circumstances were to repeat themselves, our community would once again behave in a shameful manner.  Real change takes time and I don't think enough of us have matured enough to have really developed into more empathetic members.  Regardless of whether or not Ms_Chivios existed, it still revealed a darker side to the Giant Bomb forums and one that I fear still exists today. 
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Red12b
@PenguinDust:  
Heh, I was going to go with Linky, but yeah, that sorted itself out. 

And yeah, Just look at the outcry at sweep's blog, a small suggestion spurned red hot hate to spew out of every orifice, (So yeah, that's gotta get a mention at volume 30 or something Frank :)  

I have faith in the community, as it's the mostly the guys who don't think things through who are the most vocal, But they'll grow out of their 13 year old angst and mature, they just need to listen to linkin park and get their hate of wondering why life is such a hard thing and everything will be sweet.  

And yeah I remember that male modelling thread, was awesome, I hope my avatar one gets a mention, doubt it though, 

There is a bit of drama to go through, it seems that we have had around 4 massive fits this year alone.
@FrankCanada97:  
Is this going to be a weekly thing or what?
gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By gunslingerNZ

Oh my god 16,000 views to 600 posts. That's a fairly large creepy lurker population there... Anyway It's sad that any girls who enjoy videogames as a hobby get chased off cool sites like this by super creepy basement dwellers.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Red12b
@gunslingerNZ:  
I know, there are over 4'000 out of 60'000 users who are female, but I think some might choose to have a male alias for that reason, although JackiJinx is very vocal about being a chick, goddamn I have respect for her I really do.
shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By shirogane

Hmm, interesting stuff. 

You should compile all of these into a book and sell it or something. Would give me something to do on trains when my psp runs out of batteries, which is quite often cause i keep forgetting to charge it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

I remember this, although I only really saw it when it was too late and she'd already left the forums. Still one of those pretty poor moments for the community in general. Also didn't like the backlash against Leigh Alexander on the podcast, but apparently you have to be an internet white knight to back her up on that one. Yeah, she might have been a loud drunk but even after she apologised people didn't know when to stop.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Red12b
@Kowbrainz said:
" I remember this, although I only really saw it when it was too late and she'd already left the forums. Still one of those pretty poor moments for the community in general. Also didn't like the backlash against Leigh Alexander on the podcast, but apparently you have to be an internet white knight to back her up on that one. Yeah, she might have been a loud drunk but even after she apologised people didn't know when to stop. "
Agree completely,  

I was appalled, Although I think their were a few of us who stood up to the masses, there are still a few I know who defend her on that one, not everyone was a douche, I actually liked that podcast. 
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Red12b
@FrankCanada97:  
I really couldn't believe she posted them, this is what I said 

@Ms_Chivios:

Good one, Hope you enjoy Internet fame for today! 

tomorrow there will be somebody else or something else,  

Good luck for the future.    
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jimbo

The only thing worse than that thread was the Leighcast.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Pazy

Out of curiosity I had a look for my own posts in that thread (although I got bored and slightly sick after a while) and I only managed to find two. One in the beginning saying I believed the pictures would be allowed since we have hentai games (though I cant remember the context at this time) and one about 20 pages later saying I was disgusted by this thread. Though while scanning for my post I came upon a few good posts, such as the assertion it was Dave all along, but for the most part the amount of views and posted (and much of the content) was disgusting and frankly so was her idea of coming to a gaming forum to discuss "risqué" (or whatever word she used) modeling and how she would post the pictures.

This has happened a few times on the forums and its really annoying when it does because, for the most part, the forums become useless for a the duration.

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By evanbrau

Holy fuck that thread is pretty unpleasant, I was aware of its existence at the time but never ventured in because I pretty much knew that it would be a giant clusterfuck.  I've seen it happen on pretty much every internet forum where a woman makes a thread that prominently declares her gender so I guess we aren't alone in this.