Notes

Biddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Biddy

So you know how most manuals for games have a notes page? I'm wondering if anybody in the Giant Bomb community actually uses them.

Personally, I have not. I'm not sure what I would need to write on the page, but it is good to know it's there. The only thing I could think of people using it is for cheat codes. Other than that, I do not know.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By DanielJW

Yeah in SNES days I'd write in cheat codes or level codes. That's about it. I'm pretty sure that's all it's for. Maybe if you were into fighting games you'd put down button combos or something. I don't really know!

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I don't think I've ever used the notes page once, for one thing I wouldn't like my scrawly handwriting all over my nice games manual.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By sjschmidt93

I haven't read a manual since.... 

Well, a long ass time. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas I think.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By xMP44x

Only time I've ever used the 'Notes' section on a game manual was to jot down cheat codes for a game I was selling. It's a bonus for anyone who bought my copy of the game. Otherwise, I've never used that section. I think it's just there to make the manual look bigger than it is.

I read all my game manuals, but I don't do anything with the most pointless feature of them.

Biddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Biddy
@xMP44x said:
" Only time I've ever used the 'Notes' section on a game manual was to jot down cheat codes for a game I was selling. It's a bonus for anyone who bought my copy of the game. Otherwise, I've never used that section. I think it's just there to make the manual look bigger than it is.  I read all my game manuals, but I don't do anything with the most pointless feature of them. "
Haha, that is a cool bonus.
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Absurd

I leave it blank.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MKHavoc

I only used it for cheats when I used to cheat in games.  I've been mainly renting games from gamefly lately so I haven't actually read a manual in a while.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Seedofpower

Oh man, I completely forgot about those things. I never used them. I always thought they were a waste of paper.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Lies

I've never used them myself, but when renting sometimes you get one with cheat codes or something else neat scribbled in the back, which is nice.

nick69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By nick69

The only time I use the notes page was to right down the spec's of a certain mech in Silent Line: Armored Core and build it. Then I did it sort of in Chromehounds..

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By breadfan

I can only remember using it once for Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance