• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

my guess is Diablo 3. what do you think

#2 Posted by Azteck (7450 posts) -

I'm thinking that this thread is gonna get closed.

#3 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
One of these probably 

Probably one of the Silent Hill ones. 

(Wait, why is Alan Wake PC on there for April. Is it not out yet in the states? What's going on?)
#4 Posted by AlisterCat (5467 posts) -

It will be evenly distributed across EA's entire 2012 line up, and the inevitable Call of Duty at the end of the year.

#5 Posted by DeF (4773 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

One of these probably Probably one of the Silent Hill ones. (Wait, why is Alan Wake PC on there for April. Is it not out yet in the states? What's going on?)

the US retail version comes out then

#6 Posted by JacDG (2113 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

It will be evenly distributed across EA's entire 2012 line up, and the inevitable Call of Duty at the end of the year.

Because the internet is sadly predictable, thus I agree with you, which is a shame because I really enjoy the yearly release of Madden, Fifa and Call of Duty, and I'm honestly a little tired of seeing people complain about those franchises by now..

#7 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -

downpour or operation raccoon city?

#8 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@DeF said:

@ZeForgotten said:

One of these probably Probably one of the Silent Hill ones. (Wait, why is Alan Wake PC on there for April. Is it not out yet in the states? What's going on?)

the US retail version comes out then

Ah! Gotcha
#9 Posted by Undeadpool (4902 posts) -

Diablo 3, maybe Halo 4. I'm more looking forward to the furious backpedaling on ME3 as people try to claim they were believers from the first.

#10 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Diablo 3 would be funny, if only because Blizzard are absolute scumbags (who admittedly make very tight, well put together games), under the umbrella of the chief scumbag publisher, but they seem to get away with it I the eyes of the gaming populace when compared to Bioware and the like.

#11 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

I would say Max Payne 3 but sadly the Max Payne fans are scarce on the internet. No one remembers the franchise anymore, hell a lot of people haven't even played it or think it's just about slow motion shooting.

#12 Posted by whyareyoucrouchingspock (975 posts) -

Aren't people already upset with Diablo 3 due to the Blizzard gold farming auction house? I believe this was before Mass Effect 3 was released of the DLC concerns.

#13 Posted by Dagbiker (6938 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

I would say Max Payne 3 but sadly the Max Payne fans are scarce on the internet. No one remembers the franchise anymore, hell a lot of people haven't even played it or think it's just about slow motion shooting.

Doves, its about doves too, right.

#14 Edited by whyareyoucrouchingspock (975 posts) -

Why would people get upset about Max payne 3? It looks pretty awsome from what I can see.

Rockstar don't exactly have a rep for making bad games.

#15 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@AhmadMetallic said:
Haha, what an amazing (and also funny) amount of bullshit. Good one :P 
#16 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11413 posts) -

Whatever the next high-profile release is. So basically Operation Raccoon City (which doesn't look great, to be honest), Silent Hill Downpour (which also doesn't look great), or Ninja Gaiden 3 (I totally just remembered that that game exists).

#17 Posted by august (3824 posts) -

@doobie said:

Puppies, but only puppies with day 1 DLC.

#18 Posted by SASnake (308 posts) -

has to be something BIG, something that people WANT to find problems with, not actually have problems with. You know, like all the whiny ME3 bitches. My guess..Max Payne 3..."this game isnt set at night! THIS ISNT NOIR"...sigh....people who play a few games and think they are noir experts...noir isnt about setting, its about the way the story is presented!! Like a seedy underworld, a flawed protagonist, narration from the protagonist....anyway, my rants over, whats this topic again?

#19 Posted by Marz (5641 posts) -

Next Big EA game... cuz that's where alot of hate seems to stem from.

#20 Posted by HatKing (5763 posts) -

Everything. Everybody hates everything.

#21 Posted by LaserLambert (167 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 DLC?

#22 Posted by FreakAche (2948 posts) -

Whatever the next BioWare game ends up being.

#23 Posted by Boboblaw (269 posts) -

Max Payne 3 is a good shout as its not like the original which had a reasonably small hardcore fanbase.

Hitman Absolution as well is already getting hate for being more action orientated and not having the wealth of options that Blood Money had.

Any fighting game made by Capcom no matter how good will be getting a fucking ton of hate.

#24 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@ZeForgotten said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Stop messing with me, Danish troll!  
Seriously though, not only is the MP3 forum totally dead and almost no one related to my MP blog, but while on our giant bomb voice server discussing games like we do every night, none of the other duders who are all PC gamers (naturally) had played Max Payne. Not one. 

Makes me wonder how both games sold 7.5 million copies when people vaguely know/remember them and rarely discuss them. 
#25 Posted by ShaggE (6285 posts) -

This is the age of nostalgia. Let's start bitching about "Doom clones" again.

#26 Posted by VoshiNova (1632 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

I think Max Payne 3 is going to do really well, and the hate train will follow.

#27 Edited by Brodehouse (9515 posts) -

That ME3 train is going to be running express for a solid month once the majority of people get to the ending.

Silent Hill and Resident Evil: Raccoon will just get a cursory "sucks and plays badly" from Jeff and that's about it.  And Patrick will say "I wish they would make them more like the old survival horror games" even though if they did that (and Downpour largely appears that it has) he would hate them for all the reasons people don't like survival horror games.  I like Patrick, but I feel his praise for old Resident Evil and Silent Hill is pure lipservice.

edit: Maybe that's not fair.  I'd like if he played through that Silent Hill HD Collection to really remind himself what survival horror gameplay was like.  I love Silent Hill 1 and 2, but not for the controls or resource management.  Or occasional bouts of moon logic.

#28 Posted by SSValis (1136 posts) -

COD Black Ops 2

#29 Edited by Irvandus (2772 posts) -

@doobie said:

Yeah people are going to dog pile on it. Remember when video game launches used to be fun and exciting?

#30 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: That's a real shame though I'm not that surprised since very few of my gamer friends played Max Payne as well. I played through it twice then, liked it but can't really recall much of it now either. What I do remember is the story getting all weird mid way with themes of drugs, gods and angels, the great voice acting and navigating through the blood trail in the dreams... That last part was my favorite part. Not.

#31 Posted by Rookwood (34 posts) -

It won't be Diablo 3. We already know everything to know about that game and it's been 10 years in the waiting. Also, Activision won't punch their fans in the nuts at launch.

It'll probably be CoD. I think people are pretty tired of that series. I expect a decline in sales for it this year.

#32 Posted by DonChipotle (2693 posts) -

Command and Conquer Generals 2

#33 Posted by potatomash3r (126 posts) -

@doobie said:

I doubt it. There are some things to hate about D3 like the inability to play offline or the auction house, but its been so long since all these things have been announced I think most people have already accepted it.

My money is on Hitman: Absolution.

#34 Posted by Scrawnto (2432 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Stop messing with me, Danish troll! Seriously though, not only is the MP3 forum totally dead and almost no one related to my MP blog, but while on our giant bomb voice server discussing games like we do every night, none of the other duders who are all PC gamers (naturally) had played Max Payne. Not one. Makes me wonder how both games sold 7.5 million copies when people vaguely know/remember them and rarely discuss them.

As a PC gamer who has never played Max Payne, I have to confess, I totally thought it was just about slow motion shooting. That said, I've heard interesting things about MP3. Apparently it makes good use of Euphoria and dynamic animation.

As far as a hate train, I think Halo 4 and Diablo III are strong contenders. Features being cut from Diablo will almost certainly earn Blizzard the ire of gamers with entitlement issues everywhere, and people have been giving Halo hate since the second game in the franchise.

#35 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I'm the conductor of my own train, and it goes where I will it to.

#36 Edited by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

What's the next popular game? I'm guessing it'll be that.

It's kinda like Occupy Wall Street for angry impotent gamers. Except that Occupy Wall Street actually mattered.

#37 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

Mass Effect 3.

If that ever fades? I dunno, apparently nobody wants to hate Capcom, so the next title ripe for anger is probably Diablo III.

#38 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

Max Payne 3, for not being enough like the originals.

Resident Evil 6, for being to action oriented.

Halo 4, because it's Halo.

#39 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

Halo 4?

#40 Posted by BelligerentEngine (344 posts) -

The OP of this thread.

#41 Posted by stryker1121 (1323 posts) -

If you're talking high levels of metacritic-spamming retardation then i'm looking at BLOPS2 to win that dubious distinction. Black Ops already has a certain amount of hate attached to it..another fairly samey iteration will certainly angry up the blood of many.

#42 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5795 posts) -

the new X-com game

#43 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

Fucking halo 4 looks the same as every other god damn halo game. Fuck master chief and fuck those bungie wannabes.

#44 Edited by iWonder (454 posts) -

The only way enough changes could be made for Assassin's Creed 3 to interest me (I fell off the wagon after 2, and the multiplayer for Brotherhood didn't interest me) is if it started a massive internet hate train that made millions claim that what the devs were doing wasn't true to the game. But that's not going to happen, because, well, sales - aside from maybe that neat-looking workout game for kinect that I can't remember the name of right now, Ubisoft doesn't have a lot of hugely commercially successful franchises like EA. And I don't even know the actual sales of that game, I just remember seeing that in basically every place around here that had a kinect.

So it wouldn't be AC 3.

Speaking of confusing acronymns, Armored Core 5 isn't going to start any hate waves. Just looks like a prettier Armored Core 4 with some overkill weapon additions and bigger bosses (oh wait... they did that in For Answer...). Even if it did start some hate waves, I don't think it will get enough sales to be anything more than a blip on the radar (unless they can pull some better marketing than having a [surprisingly tolerable] dude named Filthy Rich sell you things)

Dragon Age 3? Maybe. That's a long way away, though. If Bioware's last two games are any indication, they will most likely put the nails in the coffin with DA 3. (on their fanbase, not their sales. Dragon Age 2 still sold really well, even though it didn't do nearly as well as its predecessor)

Diablo 3? Also a maybe, but probably less likely than Dragon Age 3. Blizzard has a stellar track record and, correct me if I'm wrong here, I dont think they have any reason to stop that record now.

Steel Batallion is looking like it will be the opposite of hate waves, based on reactions from people playing it at the showcase. (Again, correct me if I'm wrong here)

Resident Evil? Maybe. Somewhere inbetween the likelyhood of Dragon Age 3 and Diablo 3 - the Resident Evil games since 4 have been at worst, mediocre to me. And by mediocre I mean the equivalent of an average popcorn movie (such as the first Mortal Kombat movie) - the inoffensive kind of mediocre.

#45 Posted by Zippedbinders (983 posts) -

I really hope no other game gets this much ire, anything to show that gamers aren't a bunch of self important, whiny assholes.

#46 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@AhmadMetallic said:
@ZeForgotten said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Stop messing with me, Danish troll!  Seriously though, not only is the MP3 forum totally dead and almost no one related to my MP blog, but while on our giant bomb voice server discussing games like we do every night, none of the other duders who are all PC gamers (naturally) had played Max Payne. Not one.  Makes me wonder how both games sold 7.5 million copies when people vaguely know/remember them and rarely discuss them. 
Oh hush, Aladdin! :P 
If those people havn't played any of the Max Payne games then they're clearly not worth the air that they're breathing.  
So when you release your finger from the trigger they better be dead.. all of them
#47 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

anything that is going to have hype to it. the next big game. i don't think there is anything for right now.

#48 Posted by Hunkulese (2624 posts) -

I would have said ACIII but I guess tomahawking redcoats is something the internet can support.

#49 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3048 posts) -

Don't be bitches, let's leave this bitch train at the station.

#50 Posted by Vinny_Says (5681 posts) -

Uhhh every game ever.....