Edited 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Now that Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen is out, is it time to petition to get our old intro song back? (47 votes)

Yes 64%
No 34%

The old intro song was the most amazing intro song, possibly ever. I've never been so simultaneously delighted, baffled, shocked, and excited by any song I've heard for the first time. Not only that, but the menu was like a mini game because you can time your button press into main menu to get a badass drop as the bass and dragon flies away! If you don't know what I mean, watch the quicklook.

Dark Arisen intro is good, but generic, sounds too dark souls like, not Dragon's Dogma. So please, help support this cause to bring our beloved original Dragon's Dogma theme song back as a free DLC or main menu option. THE WIND IS PUSHING MEEEEE

#1 Posted by Demoskinos (14737 posts) -

Im all on board for this. If Capcom isn't above selling Rift Crystals to us then at least sell me some junk I actually want to buy.

#2 Posted by jclane (337 posts) -

Im all on board for this. If Capcom isn't above selling Rift Crystals to us then at least sell me some junk I actually want to buy.

Knowing Capcom, they would actually sell the old title theme as (not free) DLC.

#3 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

I had to look up the video since I have not played the original and all I gotta say is WHY DID THEY TAKE THIS OUT OF THE GAME FUCK!?

video for those curious

I... have no idea why they chose to use this song but damn do I appreciate it. It's like when Capcom took out that indestructible song. How could they do that? Monsters.

#4 Edited by darkvare (764 posts) -

is kind of what happend with street fighter 4 and super street fighter 4 and i actually miss this one

#5 Edited by Yummylee (21479 posts) -
@superwristbands said:

I had to look up the video since I have not played the original and all I gotta say is WHY DID THEY TAKE THIS OUT OF THE GAME FUCK!?

I have this theory that Capcom were so out of touch when trying to make their Western-inspired fantasy epic, that they actually thought it fitted in with the rest of the game. Then they learned that everyone actually loved it for how ridiculous it was, and not because it was some grand theme song people would associate with the game as some sort of ballad or something and removed it as such for Dark Arisen.

#6 Edited by Demoskinos (14737 posts) -

@superwristbands: Hehe forgot about indestructible. Fuck that so is so great. I kind of like it in a non ironic way.

#7 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1820 posts) -

The fact that there are actual people who don't like this song disappoints me

#8 Edited by Demoskinos (14737 posts) -

I still do like this theme but nothing will ever replace the original.

#9 Edited by Slag (4229 posts) -

This needs to happen.

I need my Dangan back, I can't fly into free without it.

#10 Posted by Kyelb22 (297 posts) -

Having only played Dark Arisen and not the original, I am extremely glad that that jrock song was not in the game. Sounds terrible, and I don't think it fits in with the games tone.

#11 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

If you sat there for long enough you'd get another song as well; the best two songs on the soundtrack were on the intro screen o.O

#12 Edited by GunstarRed (5103 posts) -

I miss the hell out of it, but I hope that end theme is still in there. (not finished the game since getting DA) That end theme that has all these metal guitars, big strings and a Disney princess-esque section is the best song in the game due to how absolutely ridiculous it is.

After hearing the DA final boss song above it's a variation on that.

#13 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1107 posts) -

I'm fine either wa- cue vocals- Thank god for the new intro song.

#14 Edited by XV1 (1 posts) -

@kyelb22 said:

Having only played Dark Arisen and not the original, I am extremely glad that that jrock song was not in the game. Sounds terrible, and I don't think it fits in with the games tone.

I hate you.