Now that we actually know about both next-gen consoles, which are you more excited for and why?

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Now that we actually know about both next-gen consoles, which are you more excited for and why? (803 votes)

Xbox One 10%
PS4 90%

I'm a PC guy and don't plan on buying either, but I'd like to see where everybody comes down on the issue now that we actually know something about both systems.

• 
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

PS4 because their press conference didn't suck. However, the Xbox One hardware looks sexy as fuck.

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By GeekDown

I really don't know, but I guess I will when E3 is over. Microsoft really didn't show that many games.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

ps4 but pc is more likely for me

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I won't really know until E3, it really comes down to games.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By casper_

comn son.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it was an awful reveal for gamers. I don't think we'll really know which console is more exciting until after E3 in two weeks.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

PS4 unless MS really has something incredible to show at E3. Which maybe they do since it is so close.

But since most everything MS seems excited about won't even work in my country, my caring for them is pretty low.

blackichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I Have to go with the PS4 for now. It at least showed the reason I would by a VIDEO GAME console. The Xbox at this point just seems too gimmicky.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Sony's conference showed off more games, but on the other hand... new Remedy game...

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Right now, Wii U. I need to see more games before I'm convinced to get a PS4 or One.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jrinswand

I think that you can already make some sort of judgment based on the hardware alone, though. From what we've seen so far, they each offer features that could result in very different game experiences. Plus, today we saw sports, racing, and FPS games (and something else that was weird and vague). That's not a ton, but it's a start.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

I don't know much about the PS4, but nothing really grabbed my attention during the Xbox One reveal. Internet browsing and parallel programs sound cool, but I didn't see any games that interested me, so I'm not yet sold on it. My answer, then? Neither, at least for now.

jschmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jschmoe

Both.

biggiedubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 with a strong early lead for me, bar getting priced out of it.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microsoft... Omae wa mo shindeiru.. You just don't know it yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am completely unimpressed with nearly everything shown at this event in comparison to the Ps4 announcement, and the used game fee thing is just icing on the shit cake.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No Caption Provided

@casper_:

I'ma go with Xbox. I like those triggers. Its a fat controller. I got Xbox Music Pass already. Skydrive would be cool, 200 mixtapes. Windows 8.1 would maybe connect something-cool with it. Halo TV.

And err, well I might get Forza 5 now. I'd rather PGR 5, but we'll see. Its like if I could only buy one, then Xbox.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

For me, it is the Xbox. Love how people go on about not many games being shown, but we know this thing will have games. The PS4 conference had games but none that I want. Forza is a big deal for me. And so is Call of Duty. But games are a given. We know it will have em, the MS franchises and we will see em at E3. The reason it is xbox for me is all the extra functionality. The TV stuff. The entertainment aspect. I think about it like this. Why do we get excited about phone releases? Galaxy, Iphone, HTC, take your pic. Because of the stuff you can do it on. But we don't even talk about phones as phones because we all know, yeah, we know we can make calls. It is everything around it that compels us to get that shiny new phone.

Games are what will sell this thing but this early on, you gotta show what makes it different from the PS4. From the PC. From your cable box. Why am I excited? The functionality of the kinect to control it, the switching between tv, movies and games. And if this is what sells the console, you get more people buying it, bigger install base means devs want to put their games on it. So the games are there I am sure. But like a phone, I want more bang for my buck. I want to do more than just play games.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ares42

I haven't really looked into games releases yet, but if some of the new games I want will not be released on PC I'll probably buy a PS4 for those. I have yet to see any reason why I'd buy an Xbox One, but E3 could always change that.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kindgineer

Neither. I'm not going to side with the Playstation 4 simply because their conference had video games. Seems a bit impulsive, especially since they showed titles that don't really interest me that much. I won't side with the Xbox One, either, simply because it's silly to be excited about something that we don't know everything about. I hope both companies hit strides on both consoles so that we can see a much healthier competition in the market. I'll own both at some point, anyway.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't base my decisions on press conferences so until everything is out and analysed my opinion is based solely on last generation.

Though I have no intentions of buying either console my experience with the PS3 has made the purchase of a PS4 the more unlikely of the two.

Also, Kinect does matter to me and my household.

So Microsoft wins (or at least loses less) by default.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@svenzon said:

Sony's conference showed off more games, but on the other hand... new Remedy game...

Which will probably come to PC at some point

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not too exited for the Xbox so far. The games is what I buy consoles for and nothing else. A new Remedy game is interesting though.

Sony has always had the best 1st party games in my mind and I think that will continue.

I'll buy them both anyway so it doesn't really matter.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skytylz said:

PS4 because their press conference didn't suck. However, the Xbox One hardware looks sexy as fuck.

We must've watched different conferences then because Sony's was a snoozefest.

I'll end up with both of them eventually, but I'm more interested in the Xbox.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@svenzon said:

Which will probably come to PC at some point

And has not been announced to be an exclusive i think. For me its PS4, i thought the games looked better. But then again we didnt see any games yet, just trailers. Nothing like the Killzone bit on the sony stream.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#26  Edited By rjayb89

Welp, Xbox One, true to its name, actually has one game I'm interested in (Quantum Break) whereas the PS4 currently does not. Of course, all that stuff will change come E3. Excuse me if me wanting games to play on a video game console isn't forward thinking enough for you. I don't have cable television or care about motion controls, so my thoughts are in line with Vinny's. That's all I care about on this expensive end of the entertainment spectrum.

By the way, the Wii U currently has three forthcoming games that I want to play on it, but that doesn't mean I'll pick it up right away when they're out. I've still plenty of games to play through this generation and to go back to once I've put together my PC.

Theoretically, the PS4 is the sweetest deal but I anticipate their bark will turn out to be a dysfunctional mess (as in their networking and Ustreamin's) or even nonexistent on launch. Also, that stuff about no backwards compatibility and games locking to a console unless you pay a fee if it's secondhand? I'll buy an Xbox One and a PS4 to play Xbox One and PS4 games, simple as that. And I've been buying games new and using Steam for years - not one complaint, other than hoping more games would come out on PC this time around.

One thing I'll give to MIcrosoft's presentation is that what they've shown is probably the most reality-based, no what-ifs or buts, just hey, here's what we've got and will offer when the time comes. That's my takeaway from the whole thing, and I respect that.

Also, I'm running on three hours of sleep. Disregard any possibility of fanboyism or incoherence from me please.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4, because I do not give a flying fuck about television integration, sports, Call of Duty or motion confrols. What a disappointment.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 because of Sony's first-party games and its controller.

danlongman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By danlongman

PS4 has me more excited. Though I am still excited for the One, I will be getting both.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30  Edited By Seppli

Unless Microsoft has some extremely enticing exclusives to show at E3, that absolutely destroy Sony's exclusives line-up, I'll buy into Sony's pitch first, and it will be my mainstay gaming platform for the foreseeable future.

Why? I'm more sold on Sony's hardware. I'm more sold on Sony's longterm strategy for games. And I want to play PS4 games on the go on my Playstation VITA (purchase pending). Why? Because it's just too damn cool a concept. Hell - you could go hiking in the mountains, and still play your PS4 games at night on your VITA.

Microsoft wants to own the livingroom. Sony's gonna make the whole world my livingroom. Guess what's more awesome?

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Going to stick with PC, but PS4 seems more solid.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By LikeaSsur

PS4 because I like video games more than TV, music, and sports. Also, I have a gaming PC and will still get a PS4. They're not mutually exclusive, guys.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 because I like video games more than TV, music, and sports. Also, I have a gaming PC and will still get a PS4. They're not mutually exclusive, guys.

For the purposes of the poll, they are.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@skytylz said:

We must've watched different conferences then because Sony's was a snoozefest.

I'll end up with both of them eventually, but I'm more interested in the Xbox.

sony's actually had info and games on it.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jacdg

PS4, why? The PS3 exclusives catered more towards me (by miles) and I haven't had SINGLE issue with the console, well aside from the hacking situation, however my Xbox 360 has had numerous issues, and it's just red ringed for the 10th and final time - I treat my consoles properly by the way. So far I haven't seen anything in the press conferences to make me choose on over the other, but I know my heart lies with Sony.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard to say. I think objectively Sony showed more stuff but nothing I'm interested in. Microsoft showed almost nothing but at least I'm very interested in the Remedy Game (was this confirmed as an exclusive? I didn't hear anythign). I still will never buy an Xbox, I probably stick to my PC and then buy a PS4 or a WiiU next year.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox One will have games, sure, but Sony's vision for next gen lines up more with mine. It's like, they get it! Games! It's all kind of nebulous, I admit. I just feel like Sony has my interests on higher priority than Microsoft and both will act accordingly. So for now, PS4.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#38  Edited By BeachThunder

I'm excited about getting a GTX 770.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Clonedzero

the PS4 conference was better, but I like the look of the features on the xbox one more.

I mean, people reacting to this being like "omg no games" are kinda dumb. Obviously theres going to be games. Wait 3 weeks for E3. There will be TONS of games all around, so worrying about that is again, dumb.

The multiple OS stuff sounds really smart. You got the big powerful OS for games, and then the smaller one for apps and such. So having multiple things running wont bog the system down at all. Really smart.

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only based on what we know now? The PS4. All the things Xbox was pushing today were the things I personally cared about the least. It was as though they were trying to tell me, yeah just go with the PS4.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SomeJerk

PS4 because I actually like to play games and, and I do console gaming and computer gaming at the same spot with multiple monitors.

I am also one of an ever growing mass of people objecting to Xbox Live Gold being a thing. I'll be playing for free, buying games for free, going online for free with a PS4 with a lot of newcomers to the Sony side of things.

StriderJ8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By StriderJ8

Neither are doing much for me, but the Xbox reveal was remarkably weak and uninteresting to me.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Winternet

I won't buy any of those, so take this as you may, but I'm more excited about the PS4, just because their event had more games. And that's all I care about. Them games.

Ferrum_Deus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ferrum_Deus

I want to say the Xbox One. It's really only down to have a profile and a friends list. As someone who never picked up a PS3 a lack of backwards compatibility doesn't bother me

But the idea of paying to use second hand games just doesn't seem practical. Who here hasn't decided to buy a game because a friends brought it round. Oh well guess I knew thee was a reason EA ended Season/game passes

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I won't buy any of those, so take this as you may, but I'm more excited about the PS4, just because their event had more games. And that's all I care about. Them games.

dat xbox don't have them games

Xel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Xel

I'm not gonna buy any until I see some games that I want to play.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I gotta say I'm torn on this but if I had to bet on which one I will buy it would have to be the Xbox One. Sure its more entertainment focused than I would like but Sony has to win me back after buying a PS3 and regretting it pretty badly. So for now its the Xbox but if Sony can show they understand what the internet is this time around then I will probably go there since they seem more game focused.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TyCobb

Going with Xbox. Won't need my PS3 and won't have to worry about the PS4 for Blu-Rays now. Smart smart move on Microsofts part. I couldn't care less about them showing games or not. We know games are coming and the main third party ones will be there so I don't see why everyone is crying about no games being shown. Remember, they are 19 days away from E3. They will show all the games off there. Sony will probably be showing off the Hardware instead. I think both are even and just went opposite routes demo routes.

• Sony's Conference - Games
  • Microsoft's Conference - System
  • Sony's E3 Conference - System
  • Microsoft's E3 Conference - Games
EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By EchoEcho

Not making any judgements until after E3. That said, I know I'm going to end up with an Xbox, because that's what everyone I know is going to buy, and I don't even need to ask them to know that.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

I really feel like that Press conference did not give us enough information (the Xbox one I am referring too). The name is FUCKING TERRIBLE. Like they could of literally named it ANYTHING ELSE. Like I have always called the first xbox, Xbox 1. Now there will definitely be confusion while talking about this new one. Wii U is somehow a better name. But names aside, Xbox announced nothing new from what they have been doing this past generation. Whatever, I really hope that they give a better impression at E3.