Now that we actually know about both next-gen consoles, which are you more excited for and why?

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Now that we actually know about both next-gen consoles, which are you more excited for and why? (803 votes)

Xbox One 10%
PS4 90%

I'm a PC guy and don't plan on buying either, but I'd like to see where everybody comes down on the issue now that we actually know something about both systems.

• 
selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By selbie

I know the look of the console doesn't matter much to enjoyment of the games....but god damn it Microsoft, that thing is butt fugly.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Neither really, I have invested a lot in Microsoft but I still have a pretty nice PC (which seems to always be THE BEST platform for games)

colorbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By colorbrandon

Neither really, I have invested a lot in Microsoft but I still have a pretty nice PC (which seems to always be THE BEST platform for games)

That is, if games are released on the PC. There was a good 4 years where games were console-only.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a PC guy, but everything "cool" about the xbox just doesn't resonate with me. I don't have cable, I hate kinect, and I don't do any of the fantasy sports things. I was way more impressed with the PS4's conference because of how technical it was, so that's where I'm leaning to at the moment. It does seem Microsoft is pulling a PS3 though, a bit too arrogant.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#205  Edited By Tesla

Not enough info to decide.

Sure the PS4 conference had games...but the only interesting ones for me were obvious third party titles that will be available on all systems. We still don't even know the price, release date, or launch titles of either system and people are already comfortable choosing which one they want? Seems weird to me.

I feel like I won't know which one I want until a good 6 months into their lifespan. I want people to have time to dissect the architecture of both machines and find out if one provides significant performance abilities over the other, etc. Also by that time the game catalogues will be a little more fleshed out.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the moment the PS4 has the edge as it seems way more focused on what I want from a console - games. However this could change, if Microsoft show off loads of amazing exclusives at E3 it could make it more of a battle.

I thought all the system stuff Microsoft showed off looked really interesting but considering how much I watch TV (pretty much never apart from the odd football game), use internet on the TV (never), am interested in Kinect (not at all) I can't see any use for it. Also all those gestures still don't look any easier than using a controller to navigate.

What I want is a machine where all the power is focussed into making my games as amazing as possible, and the XboxOne looks as if it has other priorities. But it is early doors in this fight, and I am excited that it has started - On to E3!

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither presentation blew my mind, but MS sent too much of a mixed message w/ yesterday's conference. It will be at least six months post-launch until I buy a new console, though. There's loads of good games I've yet to play on 360 and a ton still to come..not to mention PC gaming..the shiny new baubles can wait until I get some opinions from the consumers themselves.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By leebmx

@darji said:

@living4theday258 said:

out of 597 votes.......

ps4 91%

xbox 10%

looks the same on gamespot

No Caption Provided

Iran, Nicaragua and Honduras going big for the XboxOne - who knew?

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Wuddel

@marcsman: you bet they will. console games will finally be the pc games that they secretly are (serials)

@darji:

these guys do not make proper use of barchart. it's just a population diagram this way

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling e3 will even things out a lot but as a person with all current gen consoles, with a preference for the 360, I'm a little sad to see Microsoft blundering so hard with the gaming community.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited for both.

rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By rolanthas

None. I don't trust either of them. Had ALL the consoles last gen, and I was not impressed with their services. PS4 so far at least doesn't seem like it totally hates the customer, but yeah not betting on that lasting.

XB1 is just a big test to see how many peeps would buy the latest box that actively works against their basic consumer rights. Will be interesting to see how many people buy it just because Microsoft yelled loudly enough how valuable and essential it is for human beings.

You'd have to be a HUGE commodity fetishist to buy these day 1. Like on "probably need to see a professional" levels.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Wuddel

@panpipe: I think it even outs nicely. If MS could extend their (US-)lead, they could become a dangerous monopoly. Competition is good!

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

Lack of backwards compatibility in the Xbox One resets the playing field for me. I'm intrigued by Microsoft's new interface, but I'd need real life confirmation that that stuff actually works. So it really comes down to games (as it always has). I haven't yet seen an exclusive announced yet that would seal the deal.

Getting a PC for the living room is still a possibility as well.

paulwade1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By paulwade1984

Ps4 is technologically superior due to their gamble on gddr5 memory maturing into higher density chips. This allowed them to swap out the 256mb chips for 512mb chips and achieve the 8gb ram to compete with Microsoft.

The gddr5 gives the ps4 200gb/s of throughput compared to Microsoft 100gb/s using the embedded esram.

To top it all off, the embedded ram takes up space on Microsofts silicon. So Sony has 6 extra compute units in their GPU. That's 50% more power.

The ps4 is the superior console and it is the console I will be buying. Microsoft tv and sports focus is very uninteresting to me. I can already watch tv on my tv thank you.

Also cod ghosts looks like ass.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 because i like the Game part of Video Games.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Quarters

In terms of the initial reveal, Sony absolutely dominated. I was already more of a Sony fan as things stood, but now I'm really on their side. Unless Microsoft does something drastic, there's a very good chance I won't get an XBOX ONE, at least not for a good long while. The PS4 just seems to have more fresh IP potential, more cool indie game potential(though I'm not super big into the indie scene, I at least appreciate its importance), and I just like the company style better.

Not to mention, I want a game console, not a TV box/Sports machine/iPad/oven. I thought that crap was silly back when the PS3 bragged about it in the early days, and I was glad when they moved away from it.

Yodasdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'll admit I am a Playstation loyalist, but nothing about the Xbox One excites me at all. I don't watch TV, I have only a passing interest in sports and no 1st party franchise has ever leapt out at me as being a must-play. And it is a fairly ugly machine, it has to be said. In fairness, the looks of a thing are the least important, but I kind of agree with Brad's sentiment on the Bombcast that aesthetic should be considered - it's a physical expression of the intention of the machine. I do wonder though how much traction PS4 and One will get through the trophy/achievement systems. Not a lot of people will want to give up those scores and migrate, I'd imagine.

cfilipec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I feel like this is more of a poll to which first conference was better

PS4 no doubt for my taste

but extrapolating to the consoles?

last time everybody thought cell was gonna change gaming forever

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And while the hat is going on the Ps4 teaser video went in one day from 2.5 million views to 5.4 million views XD

Loading Video...

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

The PC will continue to be better than both.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#222  Edited By sirdesmond

PS4 at the moment because they seem focused on games. I don't have cables, don't really watch much TV and have a million other boxes to play media. I want a game console, not a media box really.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#223  Edited By DJJoeJoe

Rant based on not reading the thread, and just wanting to talk and vent thoughts cause I have no real life friends that play games and/or wanna talk about game! ~beware!

If I had the money I'd buy both right now cause they are basically the same thing, as much as I don't like how stagnant the 360 has been in the past year the outlook microsoft had at it's start is something I really dug and it seems like they are gearing up to do the same. The only thing missing is possibly a harder push for games that was as noticeable as the XNA stuff, say what you will about that stuff I just really admired them doing something noticeable about getting games made in a easier fashion, it seemed.

Don't know anything about the ps4 other than their pretty great announcement meeting stuff, which was rad. I really wanna play the new final fantasy on it, and I really really don't give a shit anymore about almost any of the exclusive xbox titles that I can think of (basically halo and gears, lost me recently). So until I actually see those new IP stuffs from Xbox and see whatever else the ps4 will be offering it's kinda stalemate in my head right now. The most excited I am right now is for the new gta game and for the 2 ps3 exclusive games hitting in june then later this year (last of us, beyond two souls). I don't own a ps3 so I'm debating on what I should do to play those games though, they are the first games on ps3 that I actually am super interested about (uncharted was a decent blip on my radar, but compared to this recent lust for last of us I guess I really didn't give a shit before.)

So yea, dat xbox look sexy I really dig it's look and it basically has feature parity with the ps4. My tech geek side wants to see what the ps4 does with it's slight advantage hardware wise but my logical brain says that shit doesn't matter as much as it may seem on paper, and even when it does start to be noticeable it really only happens for first party games and really only years later (last of us looks fantastic, but you know what? So did halo 4 right? True the situation is diff but whatever... it's all years from now)

SO where's the option for 'BOTH'. Also someone has prolly already pointed this out but the OP says he's a 'PC guy' and he states that's a reason he won't be buying any consoles. Well I'm a 'GAME guy'.. and I buy whatever I can afford that offers the most interesting stuff for video games. Consoles offer that for a large part of each generation, lately it's been great to play the last years games on PC even with a 360pad if you're into that but it wasn't always like this... I still can't fuckin' play gta4 on my PC cause of the complexities of PC development and the lack of the sales being there to motivate more devs to put more time into those versions, Once the new consoles hit that effect comes back and there's even less of a reason to make a great PC game when the game looks fuckin' incredible on hardware that costs sub $700-ish (or whatever they will be, prolly closer to 400 seems logical right?). The PC I own is easily 4-5 years old now I think and although I really built a very well optimized thing it's not exactly going to excell at these upcoming games, part of the reason it does well still is because these assets in current games are straight up built for the current consoles in mind no matter how much the res and textures can be upped it's not even close to a game that's built specifically for a higher target like the new consoles (or just a PC, like games like the witcher 2 or whatever which kinda struggle on my PC).

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I just want something new, I haven't been as excited for games in awhile except for a gem every now and again. Bioshock Infinite was a perfect end to this gen and hopefully Last of Us and GTA5 add to this feeling, but I something to keep me excited longer than a few months would be great. I just remember getting my 360, Wii and PS3 within a year and loved every minute I got out of every system, I want that again.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Ps4 because it's going to have more games that I want. Like every other generation. And really, that's what matters.

On top of that I also have 0 interest in having the consoles do anything but play exclusives ever, so if I can trim down the bullcrap that would be pretty sweet. Xone seems like its built on and made for bullcrap, so 0 interest.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I have a feeling no matter what personal preference I have, the first of the new consoles I buy will be whatever my friends and/or my dad go for. Now that I live and work pretty far from where I grew up, keeping in touch through online gaming has become a bigger deal than I thought it would be this time last gen.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm interested in the PS4 but still waiting for desirable exclusives to be shown.

MS only has one or two exclusives that I want to play, and I find their controller uncomfortable and online fees unacceptable. The new DRM is just more reason to disregard Xbox.

Nintendo failed me with their locked save files, console-tied accounts, expensive yet unappealing controller and lack of desirable Wii exclusives. I won't buy a Wii U.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Neither because as of yet I haven't seen any games that I want. Show me some games that interest me, and I will buy that system. I think anyone taking sides before e3 is a little shortsighted

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Cold_Wolven

PS4, Sony showed more than one game at their conference and I still like their franchises more than Microsoft's.

kinapuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By kinapuff

Sony, because I like games and I haven't watched tv in 6-7 years.

Zohar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#231  Edited By Zohar

PS4. Sony came out swinging hard and sang my song. Their message was "We're bending over backwards to make developers happy, we're simplifying our hardware to make it easy to make games for, we're opening the tent up for indie games, and we're giving our customers the best game system we can make. Oh and here's like 20 games we're working on!" ( I know it wasn't 20, I'm being dramatic)

MS wants us to wait for E3 to get excited, but they showed nothing but TV TV TV TV TV, forza, SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS CoD. Who unveils a games console and doesn't spend more than 5 minutes of an hour long conference on games? Someone who isn't trying to sell you a gaming console, IMO. None of the XBO fluff features hold any interest for me, so I'll give it a big fat pass. Plus there's all the BS PR being shoveled by MS like "the infinite power of the cloud." "The Cloud" is a friggin buzzword. It's the new "HD." Anyone else remember when everything was being called "HD" even when it made no sense? Microsoft trying to sell me on cloud computing is the gaming equivalent of HD Sunglasses. My prediction is that cloud computing will not appreciably impact any game on the XBO. See: Onlive. The infrastructure isn't there. Also, will a game suddenly turn to shit if my internet is acting up? Please.