#1 Edited by IIGrayFoxII (207 posts) -

IGN has provided the NPD list of the top 10 best selling games in August. It is as follows:

1.Darksiders II (360, PS3, PC)**

2.New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)

3.Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (3DS)**

4.NCAA Football 13 (360, PS3)

5.Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Wii, 360, NDS, PS3, 3DS, PSV, PC)

6.Sleeping Dogs (360, PS3)

7.Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (360, PS3)

8.Batman: Arkham City (360, PS3, PC)**

9.Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, NDS, Wii, PC)**

10.The Amazing Spider-Man (360, PS3, NDS, 3DS, Wii)

Other things to note; 3DS has a huge month, Batman is still riding the movie hype, Black Ops makes a return and it is a good feeling to see Darksiders 2 be the best selling game that month and Sleeping Dogs chart pretty high as well (higher than the Activision games especially).
#2 Posted by Brodehouse (9370 posts) -

It's fuckin cigar and cognac day at THQ. It's good to know they'll be alright.

#3 Edited by nickux (1378 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

I wouldn't go that far. It's awesome to see DS2 at the top but knowing it only sold about (edit: 247,000) copies is, well, I just hope that meets their expectations. I want it to be a winner for them.

#4 Edited by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -

@nickux said:

@Brodehouse said:

I wouldn't go that far. It's awesome to see DS2 at the top but knowing it only sold about (edit: 247,000) copies is, well, I just hope that meets their expectations. I want it to be a winner for them.

I remember reading somewhere that DS2 needed to sell around 4 million to continue the franchise.

#5 Posted by TheSilentGod (133 posts) -

I really hope Darksiders 2 sells enough to guarantee another entry in that series, really enjoyed that game.

#6 Posted by iAmJohn (6091 posts) -

God damn 3DS.

#7 Edited by QuistisTrepe (628 posts) -

Those Lego games are a license to print money.

#8 Posted by Nonapod (126 posts) -

THe Wii U version of Darksiders 2 may end up doing well because it may end up being the game that people buy with the system due to a rather limited launch line up.

#9 Posted by algertman (852 posts) -

Vita sold 5. That's right, 5 whole units. 2 were returned.

#10 Posted by believer258 (11039 posts) -

@algertman said:

I thought this was a joke at first but then I realized that I would believe it if someone said it to me with a straight face.

Another observation: Black Ops is still on that list. Modern Warfare 3 is not.

#11 Posted by Clonedzero (3720 posts) -

well its august, not much coming out, but yay for darksiders 2, that game was awesome.

#12 Posted by Vinny_Says (5630 posts) -

I was surprised at the thread title but then I remember waiting in line at the game shop where everyone was buying Darksiders 2. Dat game is awesome, totally the right direction for THQ to go in.

Also black ops still outselling MW3? Don't be surprised if BO2 yet again beats opening day records. That franchise might never die.

#13 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

WHAT DO THE ASTERISKS MEAN??

#14 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1210 posts) -

@algertman said:

Holy fuck haha...

Good to see Darksiders 2 get what it deserves. Hopefully it makes a profit for THQ.

#15 Edited by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -

Does this mean that Persona 4 Arena didn't even place? I read here that Catherine just missed the top 10 last year in July. It was still Atlus's best opening for a game in North America at 75,000 units for the month. I wonder what P4A did for the month. I read somewhere that it was under 50k, but I can't find anything substantiating that number.

@Ravenlight said:

WHAT DO THE ASTERISKS MEAN??

Includes CE, bundles, GOTY editions, etc...but not bundled with hardware.