#1  Edited By AgentJ
Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Fosssil

Between this, the remake of Star Fox 64, new Paper Mario, and the new Golden Sun, I think I might finally upgrade my old DS Phat.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Skytylz

Yah, this Star Fox and Paper have me sold on this console regardless of the quality of the 3d.

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By MisterMouse

Yeah It seems like they have a great system on their hands.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Pepsiman

I was about to do the whole, "isn't this still just a rumor?" spiel, but I wasn't aware that those shots came from Nintendo's servers, so okay, I'll start believing now.

I'm in the same boat, though. Ocarina of Time has a hell of a legacy, but I wasn't pining for a remake of it. If they do enough to the game to make it relevant (in a modern sense, not just historical) and fit at home on the 3DS, then I could be on board. But until then, I'm holding out until we see more gameplay footage and the like before coming to conclusions either way. Hype over the potential for an Ocarina of Time remake is almost as cliche as one for Final Fantasy VII at this point, so there's no rush for enlightenment on this stuff for me.

I should probably also disclose that I was always one of those crazy people that liked Majora's Mask more. Just saying is all.

Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Slab64
@AgentJ said:
" http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1098192p1.html  
I consider this unnecessary, but it will be cool to play a truly 3D (in the traditional sense) Zelda on a handheld for the first time."
No. This has always been a problem for me, and it went away for a while, but now it's more of a problem than ever with all this 3D shit coming out. 

POLYGONAL =/= 3D. Get that shit straight, we have had polygonal graphics for fucking ever and people still can't properly articulate what they are trying to say without confusing the shit out of everyone. 3D is 3D, polygonal is polygonal. The More You Know.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Willy105
@Slab64 said:
" @AgentJ said:
I consider this unnecessary, but it will be cool to play a truly 3D (in the traditional sense) Zelda on a handheld for the first time."
No. This has always been a problem for me, and it went away for a while, but now it's more of a problem than ever with all this 3D shit coming out. 

POLYGONAL =/= 3D. Get that shit straight, we have had polygonal graphics for fucking ever and people still can't properly articulate what they are trying to say without confusing the shit out of everyone. 3D is 3D, polygonal is polygonal. The More You Know. "

But we have been using the term 3D since the N64 came out. It's hard to change. Especially when 2D made a comeback this gen, so now we have to differentiate between 2D, 3D, and 3D 3D.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By AgentJ
@Slab64: Are you really getting angry that I don't consider the Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks to truly be 3D (instead of 2.5 D, which it is)?
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By JJOR64
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Do want.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By uniform

I still have my N64 which I play on occasion, but this is great news for those that do not, or more importantly, those that are too young to have played OoT originally.

Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Slab64
@Willy105 said:
" @Slab64 said:
" @AgentJ said:

POLYGONAL =/= 3D. Get that shit straight, we have had polygonal graphics for fucking ever and people still can't properly articulate what they are trying to say without confusing the shit out of everyone. 3D is 3D, polygonal is polygonal. The More You Know. "
But we have been using the term 3D since the N64 came out. It's hard to change. Especially when 2D made a comeback this gen, so now we have to differentiate between 2D, 3D, and 3D 3D. "
And it's been the wrong term since the N64 came out. Doesn't make it okay. 

@AgentJ:
 There is no 2.5D, there's sprites and polygons. It's one or the other.
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Mmmm 2.5D feels so good on my body though

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Willy105
@Vito_Raliffe said:
" Mmmm 2.5D feels so good on my body though "
I have always disliked that term since they started using.

What does it even mean? It doesn't exist in any reality.

It's 2D gameplay with 3D graphics. Not 2.5D.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#15  Edited By AgentJ
@Slab64 said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @Slab64 said:
" @AgentJ said:

But we have been using the term 3D since the N64 came out. It's hard to change. Especially when 2D made a comeback this gen, so now we have to differentiate between 2D, 3D, and 3D 3D. "
And it's been the wrong term since the N64 came out. Doesn't make it okay. 

@AgentJ:
 There is no 2.5D, there's sprites and polygons. It's one or the other. "
2.5 D is a commonly accepted term. Capcom itself used the term to describe Street Fighter 4. So stop whining.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By StarFoxA

I just played through Ocarina of Time on the Virtual Console. It holds up pretty well, despite having a slow start. If Nintendo can polish it a little bit around the edges, then it could be a fantastic port.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By CoolDrMoney
@Slab64 said:
" @AgentJ said:

Super Mario 64 was crazy 3D n shit. Doom had that crazy 3D as well. Now all these console games be 3D. But now Sony done fuck with 3D tech for their 3D games. What the bonkers? 3DS

Get that stick out of your ass
fang273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By fang273

Might actually play through it now. I've beaten Majora's Mask plenty of times between the n64 and gamecube versions, but always got bored halfway through OoT.

RoyalApe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RoyalApe

Interesting

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By blair
@JeffGoldblum said:
" Do want. "
!!!!!!!!
TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheKidNixon
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By toowalrus

I certainly hope this comes to pass, it seems like the way the images were stored on the website that it might have just been an unused tech demo or something, can't wait to find out more.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats it, im getting this game and a 3DS day one.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DrPockets000

Oh...god...

Arestice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Arestice

Once everyone gets it, they'll complain about it. Not the same experience as it was when you were 11.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kashif1

there is already a thread on this

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By luce

Im so happy i could hug you guys

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mutha3

What a waste of time and resources.

Ocarina of Time won't benefit in any way, shape or form from 3D.

@Arestice said:

" Once everyone gets it, they'll complain about it. Not the same experience as it was when you were 11. "

Eh. I replayed OOT, like, a year ago(and a lot of people replay it all the time). Its a fine-ass game, way ahead of its time, and fully deserving of the praise it gets.
fang273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By fang273
@mutha3 said:
" What a waste of time and resources.

@Arestice said:
" Once everyone gets it, they'll complain about it. Not the same experience as it was when you were 11. "
Eh. I replayed OOT, like, a year ago(and a lot of people replay it all the time). Its a fine-ass game, way ahead of its time, and fully deserving of the praise it gets. "
A fresh look is all that most people (Including me) need to play or replay OoT. I don't enjoy the game enough by itself to finally finish it after all these years, so a bit of gimmick would be much appreciated.
Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Slab64
@Willy105 said:
" @Vito_Raliffe said:
" Mmmm 2.5D feels so good on my body though "
I have always disliked that term since they started using.  What does it even mean? It doesn't exist in any reality.  It's 2D gameplay with 3D graphics. Not 2.5D. "
Thank you. 

@AgentJ said: 
2.5 D is a commonly accepted term. Capcom itself used the term to describe Street Fighter 4. So stop whining. "
Commonly accepted...to be wrong! No but seriously, it's retarded. It just is. 

@CoolDrMoney:
 lol wut
Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Slab64

Ok, I'm bumping this mostly irrelevant thread simply because someone (maybe someone who posted here...?) got their email read on the bombcast re: the 3D vs. polygonal issue, and the guys TOTALLY AGREED WITH ME, while Jeff went so far as to refer to people who use the term 2.5D as "not very smart". I'd just like to take this opportunity to say...suck it :P

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Meowayne

OH GOD JEFF GERSTMAN AGREED WITH YOU OH GOD FAP FAP FAP FAP

Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Slab64

Well, if people would learn not to disagree with me, I wouldn't have to rub this shit in their faces.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Meowayne

Happning to have a similar opinion as some random American video game 'journalist' is nothing to rub into anyone's face.

FAP FAP FAP.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Slab64 said:
" @AgentJ said:

I'm going to beat you with my cane. Polygonal is 3D, and 3D is "that shitty technology with the stupid glasses".

Also, those textures are a higher res than I remember.
Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Slab64

I don't know about "random"...this is his "website" after all.

I'm also not too sure about putting "random" quotes around words, it makes you seem like a "douche".

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Willy105

2.5D is one of the stupidest things the internet has created so far. 

End of story.

@mutha3 said:

" What a waste of time and resources.

I don't think 3D is the main reason for the remake. They could be finishing the game, since the original game had to cut a ton of content because the 64DD flopped and the normal N64 couldn't do what the 64DD could do.

And besides, Hyrule Field and opening chests would be awesome in 3D.