• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by pandorasbox (302 posts) -

Everybody loves whiskey..for the most part. But everybody i talk to seems to have a hatred for at least one of the sites, usually based on their small nit picks with a staff member. 

Personally, i love Tested, and Giantbomb. I never visit comicvine because i have no interest in comics, but i do have a mind boggling dis-joy for anything screened related. It's not Navarro's fault, really. I love me some Alex Navarro, and i personally wish they would bring him to GB officially, and just remove screened from existence with their one true problem..matt. 

- rant about matt and why i hate him, feel free to skip it -

Matt Rorrie(sp?) is probably the most annoying person ever. He is always complaining about something, and his excuse is ALWAYS "i am tired". He constantly comes off as an asshole and openly admits in one of his videos that he does do marijuana, which would have been fine except for the fact that it felt like he was playing it off like it made him awesome. He just seems like one of those people who think they are the best shit, when in reality they are probably the ugliest inside and out.

If you had to do away with one whiskey site, which one would it be?

#2 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5808 posts) -

I don't really use any of the other ones.

#3 Posted by natetodamax (19177 posts) -
@pandorasbox said:
Matt Rorrie(sp?) is probably the most annoying person ever. He is always complaining about something, and his excuse is ALWAYS "i am tired". He constantly comes off as an asshole and openly admits in one of his videos that he does do marijuana
I don't remember that o_O 

ComicVine is the least interesting to me because I have absolutely no interest in comics.
#4 Posted by pandorasbox (302 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" @pandorasbox said:
Matt Rorrie(sp?) is probably the most annoying person ever. He is always complaining about something, and his excuse is ALWAYS "i am tired". He constantly comes off as an asshole and openly admits in one of his videos that he does do marijuana
I don't remember that o_O  ComicVine is the least interesting to me because I have absolutely no interest in comics. "
It was in one of his videos where he gives out posters, he tells a story about how he smoked pot at a movie theater and got "baked as hell" or something. The complaints of being tired come in the form of like EVERY podcast at screened.com.
#5 Posted by Teoball (576 posts) -

Probably Comicvine since I don't care about  comics at all. 

and Rorie is awesome.
#6 Edited by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

I guess Comicvine and Anime Vice are tied for me.  

@pandorasbox: Only thing that annoys me about  Rorie is when he gets to lazy to even talk properly...........ya the movie was ok because it was well ya blabablaba mumble grumble....

#7 Posted by GilbertMordinAndSullivan (442 posts) -

Comic Vine. I would say Anime Vice, but Comic Vine has such a negative impact on any group videos, while Anime Vice has the benefit of having none. But whenever the Comic Vine people show up, you can tell how incredibly uncomfortable the other guys are. 

Oh, and Rorie's great. His Potterocalypse alone was lots of silly fun.

#8 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Anime Vice because I hate Anime.  

#9 Posted by Blair (2501 posts) -

Rorie is a fucking boss.  You will respect him.

#10 Posted by pandorasbox (302 posts) -

Is it bad that i forgot that anime-vice was a thing?

lol.

#11 Posted by kidman (465 posts) -

Anime Vice and Comic Vine cause i don't care about subjects they cover.

#12 Posted by LiquidS (971 posts) -

I like GB & Tested while I visit screened sometimes, comicvine and animevice aren't interesting to me at all.

#13 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

I've been to Screened once (or twice?), never ever seen the other ones. GB is my main website, period.

#14 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -

The only site that never seems to have content I'm even tangentially interested in is Tested.

#15 Posted by Atlas (2430 posts) -

I actively read GB and Screened. I greatly enjoy Will and Norm's appearances in other Whiskey based media, although I don't read Tested all that much. AnimeVice at least has the dignity to be out of sight (and some of the pages are hilarious/disturbing/arousing), and when Gia and John around I did listen to the Squadcast a bit, mostly because I loved Gia's voice. All love and respect to the ComicVine guys, and Sara is a lot of fun, but I don't care for Tony at all, and their content is the least interesting part of the Happy Hour.

So yeah, +1 for Comic Vine. Sorry.

#16 Posted by Th3_James (2576 posts) -
@kidman said:
" Anime Vice and Comic Vine cause i don't care about subjects they cover. "
This, but I respect Comic Vine. Anime Vice I do not.
#17 Posted by cnlmullen (900 posts) -

I have no interest in Anime, but I like pretty much all the staff members on the Whiskey Media sites.  

The Tested staff seems especially awesome; someone clearly had some mad hiring skills.

#18 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -
#19 Edited by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Anime Vice sucks balls. Anime is a shitty creation.
Comic Vine sucks balls. Comics are boring as fuck.
Screened is okay but is lacking on content I want (e.g. videos). 
Tested should just be renamed Coffee, or something that's actually clever, because I love their coffee videos and other stuff but that's it. 

#20 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

The best shit?

#21 Posted by weegieanawrench (1935 posts) -

Comic Vine and Anime Vice as I have no interest in either. GB, Tested, and Screened are my mainstays. Also I think Rorie is hilarious, I love what he brings to Screened and Whiskey Media in general.

#22 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I don't like any of the other sites.

#23 Posted by face15 (1284 posts) -

I only ever used Giant Bomb and Tested. 

Anime Vice, Comic Vine and Screened are all tied for having no interest for me.

#24 Posted by FreakAche (2950 posts) -

I only really ever visit Giant Bomb, Tested, and Screened. Out of those three, I would probably say that Screened is the worst. I think Whiskey needs a dedicated TV site. Then I could just go there to read TV opinions from people who actually watch TV, because I'm not much of a movie guy.

#25 Posted by Siphillis (1290 posts) -

Anime Vice always seems dormant and derivative of Comic Vine.  Since I do have a genuine interest in anime, I think it qualifies more as a disappointment.

#26 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

Animevice.
#27 Posted by Turambar (6677 posts) -

Comic Vine probably.  No interest at all in that medium.

#28 Posted by pandorasbox (302 posts) -

Also, why is screened so lacking in video content? It seems like they upload one video every two or three weeks, and rarely are they even relevant and interesting.

#29 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

I'm not interested in at least 95% of movies, so I guess Screened? I have nothing against the dudes that run it though. I don't follow Screened's content, so I don't know about Matt, but Alex's reviews here on Giant Bomb were good.

#30 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Sometimes I think I'm less interesting for not clicking on those "other" Whiskey Media Sites. I like video games and the people that play video games so shoot me, shoot me now.

#31 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

I don't go to Anime Vice and Comic Vine, because I think they're boring.

#32 Posted by ReTarDedFisHy (1062 posts) -

Comic Vine and Anime Vice.

#33 Edited by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -

Anime Vice. Followed closely by Comic Vine.

#34 Posted by ThePickle (4155 posts) -

AV and CV. I don't think I've ever actually read a comic, or watched any anime. Also, Rorie is the fucking man. Don't be dissing him. 

#35 Posted by hinderk (685 posts) -

I don't really visit AnimeVice because the lack of content on the site. I love the rest of the whiskey media sites though.

#36 Posted by ApertureSilence (1156 posts) -

I will not tolerate any more of this anti-Rorie talk. Seriously, screw you haters. 

#37 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

Anime and comics don't interest me.  Giant Bomb, Screened, and Tested are all awesome.  Also what's with you and hating Rorie?  It's not alright for him to say he's tired when his job has him in movie theaters all the way up to like 2 AM and then some, as well as reviewing them later?  Those guys have a right to be tired after all that.

#38 Posted by blackbird415 (777 posts) -

anime vice for me really. I hardly go there. The other 4 I go to quite often I just know what anime I want to watch and if im real curious for an obscure anime Ill look it up on anime vice

#39 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

A tie between animevice and comic vine. If it wasn't for that lima chick with huge boobs, I think comicvine will be obscure.

#40 Posted by EdTwo (471 posts) -

comic vine and anime vice

#41 Posted by Wrect (315 posts) -

Matt's awesome.  You're mean.
#42 Edited by ColinWright (741 posts) -

I have a general dislike of Comic Vine. Never visited their site but they kill the flow of the Happy Hour. 

EDIT: Also, i love Rorie.

#43 Edited by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -

I frequent Tested. I listen to the Screened podcast every week, but rarely visit the site. I don't have much interest in comic books, but they're my go-to guys when I do need an answer to something comic related. I have no interest in Anime (at all).

Rorie is an OK guy. He did run that bit where he starts a sentence then makes high-pitched unintelligible noises into the ground, to the point where it kinda bugs me. I also don't think he should be high while screening movies for review, as he claims to sometimes be, but I don't really care about reviews when it comes to film anyway.

I understand how people think he sounds like a smug asshole, too. It's just the San Fransisco in his blood. He's always saying that he just doesn't like cartoons, almost like they're below him. I'm pretty sure Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law was fucking awesome.

Rorie, he's a cool enough guy, but he's got the worst taste in movies/TV on the planet.

#44 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

ComicVine, don't read comics so I can't really appreciate it.

#45 Posted by shadyspace (457 posts) -

Rorie is the best Rorie. Show some respect. Comic Vine for me. Sara's fine, but Tony is a black hole of charisma that not even Ryan can make seem interesting or likable.

#46 Posted by Shirogane (3563 posts) -
@blackbird415 said:
"anime vice for me really. I hardly go there. The other 4 I go to quite often I just know what anime I want to watch and if im real curious for an obscure anime Ill look it up on anime vice "

And you'd either not find it or find a blank page. 

ComicVine for me, although Screened is almost up there in terms of content, and AnimeVice is pretty much dead right now, though it's been pretty much almost always like that community wise anyway.
#47 Posted by Gamer_152 (14058 posts) -

The one I'm least interested in is Anime Vice but I don't hate it or want to do away with it. Anime may not be my thing but why shouldn't other people enjoy it?

#48 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
@Teoball said:
" Probably Comicvine since I don't care about  comics at all.  and Rorie is awesome. "
#49 Posted by Dimsey (949 posts) -

Anime Vice I guess. I like Anime, just... Not the site especially.  
I'm cool with Comic Vine. Don't read too many Comics but I like their stuff and try to keep up.
Screened is pretty great. 
I like Will and Norm but a lot of what Tested does isn't really useful to me in anyway, though their bits on the Friday Live Shows tend to be the best part.
Giant Bomb is of course, the bomb. A giant one even. Uh... Yeah.

#50 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

They're all great sites, but Comics ain't my thang and while I enjoy anime I hate other people who do.

I love the idea of niche sites though.