• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Pr1mus (3857 posts) 10 months, 22 days ago

Poll: Of my 10 favorite games, which one is your favorite? (409 votes)

Final Fantasy VII 6%
Final Fantasy VI 9%
Parasite Eve 1%
Resident Evil 2 4%
Super Mario 64 18%
Chrono Trigger 14%
Metal Gear Solid 3 19%
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas 13%
EarthBound 4%
Perfect Dark 3%
Show Results 9%

I've been trying to figure out what are my favorite games of all time and place them in order (if such a thing is even possible anyway) and was wondering among those which ones the duders prefer.

This is what i've got at the moment. Of those 10 games 7 have been consistently in the top 10. No hesitation there. The 3 games i have debated longer are MGS3, GTA:SA and Perfect Dark.

For the longest time Half-Life 2 occupied the slot taken by Perfect Dark.

As for MGS and GTA, there simply has to be one of each in there. I have played and enjoyed too much of the PS2 era games in those two franchises to not have them included in the top 10 but which one to pick!?

I finally settled on MGS3 and GTA:SA... for now!

#1 Posted by jimmyfenix (3851 posts) -

In that list 4 games stood out to me.

1. FF7

2. GTA SA

3. RE2

4.MGS3

All such great games. It boils down to FF7 and GTA SA for me.

#2 Posted by LackingSaint (1783 posts) -

Oh wow, this is a really novel idea! I'm totally going to make one of these threads myself at some point.

Unfortunately I haven't played too many of your 10 favourites; only played FF6 (which I liked a lot!), MGS3 (which I also liked a lot!) and FF7 (which I didn't enjoy at all). With that in mind, I voted for MGS3. Just a lot of neat stuff to that game and I love the sense that you're really going on a journey with Naked Snake.

#3 Posted by bigjeffrey (4904 posts) -

perfect dark

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Final Fantasy VI. THE REST OF YOU ARE WRONG.

#5 Posted by Pr1mus (3857 posts) -

Oh by the way the full list i have is here.

It is somewhat in order. Honestly everything after number 30 could change drastically and the further down the list i go the more it becomes a list of "hey here are some good games i like i think!". I'll probably trim it down one day to keep it more meaningful.

I also deliberately left out games from this year. I suspect Grand Theft Auto V and The Last of Us could rank fairly high on the list but i'm giving it a couple months/years to really let things sink in with more recent games.

#6 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

MGS3 by far. Super Mario 64 is second.

#7 Posted by Pr1mus (3857 posts) -

perfect dark

Did you actually not vote for it? Because poor Perfect Dark is still sitting at 0%!

#8 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -

1) Super Mario 64

2) San Andreas

3) Metal Gear Solid 3

4) Resident Evil 2

5) Perfect Dark

Never played the other choices.

#9 Posted by mosespippy (4103 posts) -

Of the 4 that I've played it's down to between FFVII and GTA SA for me. I come back to them both every couple years and FFVII holds up better to me.

I hated Chrono Trigger and didn't play much of RE2 because it was too similar to the superior RE1.

#10 Edited by gokaired (518 posts) -

FF6 Baby! Chrono Trigger might be second.

#11 Posted by spankingaddict (2660 posts) -

RE2 then MGS3

#12 Posted by pyrodactyl (1962 posts) -

you ain't got a single one from my top 5:

Half Life 2

Persona 4

The witcher 2

Dark souls

GTA 5

(in no particular order)

#13 Posted by falserelic (5394 posts) -

Resident Evil Remake ( It was just that aswome, environments , monsters, gameplay, everything was on point)

Speaking of Resident Evil, I was looking at something about RE5.

So a guy is talking about a article that tells the original concepts of RE5. Some of those ideas sounded neat, but we all know how RE5 turned out. Anyway I hope capcom kinda goes back to what RE fans enjoys the most.

#14 Posted by Tom_omb (367 posts) -

I voted for Perfect Dark. Modern multiplayer shooters never hooked me, this is still the game I return to with my friends for some local FPS action. It's between that and Mario 64 among these options, but I picked PD because it is often under appreciated.

#15 Posted by Quarters (1664 posts) -

I went for MGS3. Not my favorite of the series, but a stunner nonetheless. However, if you chose Chrono Trigger, I wouldn't complain.

#16 Edited by Hunter5024 (5600 posts) -

Chrono Trigger is probably my all time favorite game.

#17 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1759 posts) -

@video_game_king said:

This man speaks the truth.

#18 Posted by bigjeffrey (4904 posts) -

Voted on pd @ person.

#19 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

I don't really care for any of them. Chrono Trigger I enjoyed when I played it, but it's not in my all time favourites list.

#20 Posted by BeachThunder (11799 posts) -

Well, this is a hubristic thread :|

Anyway, after about five minutes of vacillating, I've decided that I like Earthbound more than Chrono Trigger....I think...

#21 Posted by Pr1mus (3857 posts) -

Well, this is a hubristic thread :|

What?

Let see here, i go from "hey i'll try to put my favorite games in order!" to "Hey i wonder which one of those is the most popular with the duders!" and that makes me arrogant?

#22 Posted by D_Bones (365 posts) -

FF VII for me.

#23 Posted by Nasar7 (2611 posts) -

FF VII or GTA: San Andreas. A comparison I've never considered before.

#24 Posted by EXTomar (4635 posts) -

An interesting list but I have to say MGS3 is the one that stands out in it.

#25 Posted by YI_Orange (1141 posts) -

Mario 64 with Chrono Trigger second. Perfect Dark unfortunately doesn't hold up(counter-operative is still an awesome idea that needs to be replicated though) and I'm not really a fan of the rest.

#26 Posted by Dalai (7016 posts) -

Clearly the true answer is Earthbound. I came to the conclusion a month or two ago that Earthbound is actually my favorite game of all-time. It should be your favorite game, too. All of you.

I will say San Andreas is definitely in my top 5 and Super Mario 64 and Chrono Trigger can be my top 10 depending on how nostalgic I feel and the mood I'm in.

#27 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11587 posts) -

I like most of the games on that list that I've played, but I'll take the easy cop-out answer and go for Super Mario 64. Love me some RE2, FFVI and MGS3, I just like other installments in their respective series more.

#28 Posted by Morningstar (2148 posts) -

FF7.

#29 Edited by Pr1mus (3857 posts) -

Will Parasite Eve get one vote!? Stay tuned to find out! (It probably won't)

I really wouldn't have been able to guess which one would get more votes but i was expecting PE to finish dead last by a wide margin though.

#30 Edited by HatKing (5875 posts) -

I keep thinking about playing these games now, and a few of the picks would have controls so antiquated that I'm fairly certain I'd just end up hating the experience. That being said, I did enjoy GTA:SA a lot when I played it. Also, several others on the list. I can't do this.

#31 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (381 posts) -

Fuck you for making me choose between Final Fantasy VI(the right answer) and MGS 3(the slightly less right but also totally acceptable answer).

#32 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

Chrono Trigger is easily the best game on your list.

#33 Posted by SunBroZak (1073 posts) -

Everyone take a moment to remember the ending of Metal Gear Solid 3, and you'll know what's the right answer.

But anyway, strong list. Albeit I haven't played most of them, just read/watched retrospectives on them. I may also do a thread like this at some point.

#34 Posted by hippocrit (238 posts) -
#35 Posted by D0tti (786 posts) -

MGS3

#36 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

MGS3 for sure. Although all those are great games.

#37 Posted by CircleNine (381 posts) -

Parasite Eve. It's too bad they added tank controls to PE2, that was kinda crummy.

#38 Posted by Pr1mus (3857 posts) -

Parasite Eve. It's too bad they added tank controls to PE2, that was kinda crummy.

First vote for Parasite Eve!

I don't mind tank controls seeing as i have never had any issues playing the old Resident Evil games but somehow, considering how much i like the first one, i never played much of Parasite Eve 2. I even bought it on the day they released it on PSN and still never got around to it.

#39 Posted by Hailinel (24276 posts) -

Final Fantasy VI, though Chrono Trigger is a close second, followed by EarthBound.

Come at me, EarthBros!

#40 Edited by CircleNine (381 posts) -

Tank controls I felt really kinda hurt it, just because of how mobile you were in PE1 in combat with the ability to dodge attacks being almost as important as attacking. That really goes out the window in PE2 because of the slower and more intentional movement pace that tank controls had.

PE2 was definitely a really different game, but I always thought it was pretty solid. The story got a bit nuts/dumb, but it really isn't anything out of the realm of what Square usually does. AND THE DOG SCENE. KEEP THAT DOG ALIVE.

They also really did fix the really, really slow walking speed that was my biggest issue with PE1. Like it seemed with the running animation that she had, she should have been running at like twice the speed that she was.

#41 Edited by Cold_Wolven (2216 posts) -

MGS3

#42 Posted by Slag (4222 posts) -

Preach brother!

#43 Posted by GaspoweR (2940 posts) -

I'll tell you guys a shameful secret...I've never played/finished any of those games. :(

#44 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

San Andreas.

#45 Posted by TooWalrus (13153 posts) -

Super Mario 64 is in the nostalgic sweet spot for me, that's a damn near perfect game.

#46 Posted by TheHT (11092 posts) -

Super Mario 64 is in the nostalgic sweet spot for me, that's a damn near perfect game.

#47 Posted by Sidebot (5 posts) -

Pretty tough choice for me between RE2, MGS3 and Parasite Eve. Ultimately had to go with RE2 though. Nostalgia wins.

#48 Edited by Tarsier (1057 posts) -

wow thats like ur list of the games i didnt give a piss about and stayed completely away from other than watching vids and hearing peple talk about them on forums

i dont like any of those games lol

edit: oh sorry, super mario 64 was allright

#49 Posted by Yummylee (21475 posts) -

Resident Evil 2 - done. Didn't even need to think it over!

#50 Posted by thatdutchguy (1271 posts) -

Super Mario 64 !!!!!