Official 2009 Giantbomb Christmas List thread

fisher81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By fisher81

What games/things are you guys wanting to buy/receive this holiday season? 

2009 Christmas List

Also included: 
New acoustic guitar 
Ukulele 
4000 Microsoft points

1. Dragon Age: Origins

Kmart had the Xbox 360 version on sale for $39.99. Seems like a pretty good deal for so much game play (about 120 hours, I hear).

2. Borderlands

Jeff's review sold me. I was going to buy this until every single person that I go to school with convinced me to buy MW2.

3. The Sims 3

I've never owned a Sims game, but this one is apparently the best and I'm interested.

4. Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City

Umm, cool.

5. The Saboteur

The art style intrigues me and I enjoyed the quick look. However, I'll be picking this one up for my 360.

6. WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2010

Rented this. This is definitely the best wrestling game since WWF No Mercy (which will probably never be overtaken). The story creator pretty much gives this hours upon hours of replayability.

7. The Movies

I bought this back in 2007 (while I was still using Windows ME lmao) and couldn't run it. Now that I'm on Windows VIsta, I really want to dive into this game.

fisher81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By fisher81

My little brother's Christmas list

When he was 6, I let him play my GTA: San Andreas. 

A week or two later, I discovered that he was playing SOCOM: US Navy Seals on my PS2 while I wasn't home. 

4 years later, he takes my copy of Call of Duty: World At War a week after I buy it, and I rarely see it again. 

A month later, he gives me $200 to buy a new Xbox 360 while mine is being reparied (RROD) on the condition that he gets to keep it afterwards. 

And now, his Christmas list has gone from Tonka Trunks and GI Joes to almost exclusively video games. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Hopefully he gets all of these except Modern Warfare 2. If he doesn't get MW2, then I can bribe him with MW2 to let me borrow his games.

1. Left 4 Dead 2

We don't even have the first one, but he insists that he's rented it and beaten it.

2. Modern Warfare 2

We already own this, but he wants it so that he can be online at the same time as me (even though MW2 is the game that I play when I have nothing else to play, meaning that I play it maybe once a week.)

3. Assassin's Creed

He likes it.

4. Assassin's Creed II

He wants it.

5. Halo 3: ODST

Kmart had it on sale for $39.99, so my mom picked it up. Luckily, he unknowingly added it to his list.

6. Gears of War 2

He rents this game monthly, and now he just wants to buy it for good.

7. Fallout 3

He wants the GOTY edition. Hopefully he gets it so I can get that last 200g from Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta,

8. Battlefield: Bad Company

He wants to play this before picking up the new one.

angelfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By angelfan91

Stuff I want for  Christmas this year.

1. Dragon Age: Origins

I'm more excited for this game than I was for Fallout and Fable last year. The story options alone seem incredibly entertaining to me.

2. Forza Motorsport 3

I've never played a Forza game but I enjoyed the demo. Grid and NFS: Shift were a lot of fun so I'm very hopeful.

3. The Beatles: Rock Band

Beatles Rock Band=Win

4. Left 4 Dead 2

The first game was tons of fun. The melee weapons are fun and I like the idea of realism mode and the extra campaign.

5. NHL 10

NHL 09 was my sports game of the year. The addition of the fight system and some other tweaks have me really excited.

6. DiRT 2

I liked Grid. This sounds fun.

7. Halo 3: ODST

This is the one game on my list I truly refuse to pay for. 60 for multiplayer that I already have (I don't care about maps), and a Not so long single player experience. Someone else can get this for me.

8. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Symphony of the Night is awesome. I've heard these games on DS are somewhat of a return to that quality of Castlevania.