#1 Edited by Bobstar (310 posts) -

Copycatting the NFL Discussion Thread, I thought we could have a separate discussion thread for the NBA given the fact that I couldn't find one already, and because of recent games such as the horrible NBA Live 14 and the excellent NBA 2K14 which has brought attention to basketball in general.

I would like to open this thread with this hilarious video which mirrors my feeling quite nicely towards my favorite (strong word right now) team.

#2 Edited by PatODay (161 posts) -

WHY ARE THE CELTICS WINNING GAMES?!

#3 Posted by GorillaMoPena (1938 posts) -

@patoday said:

Jordan Crawford has become a thing that is good and I can't figure it out how

#4 Posted by MattadorD (70 posts) -

As a Pelicans fan I cannot put into words how much of a bummer it was to see Anthony Davis get hurt. I wasn't really expecting playoffs or anything this season, but just watching him play was so beautiful. I was at the game when he blocked Evan Turner I believe from behind, and amazing clap of his hand on the ball. Incredible!

#5 Edited by Monkeyman04 (1011 posts) -

I'm lovin' how the Blazers are playing right now.

#6 Edited by PatODay (161 posts) -

@gorillamopena: Crawford was good last season in place of Rondo, he was a bit of a ball hog but could make tough shots.

#7 Edited by Bobstar (310 posts) -

@monkeyman04 said:

Yeah, whats up with the Blazers? Really killing it, getting cocky as well:

Awesome Blazers Tweet

#8 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

@patoday said:

Tank-A-Polooza 2013

#9 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1011 posts) -

@bobstar said:

@monkeyman04 said:

Awesome Blazers Tweet

lawl! that's super cocky. I just don't want their winning to go to their heads. Anything can happen at any moment in this game.

#10 Posted by Bobstar (310 posts) -

@bobstar said:

@monkeyman04 said:

Awesome Blazers Tweet

lawl! that's super cocky. I just don't want their winning to go to their heads. Anything can happen at any moment in this game.

Also says a lot about how bad the Eastern Conference teams are shaping up compared to the West.

#11 Edited by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

Spurs all the way, hope they can make 1 more run to the title and get some revenge for last season's finals.

#12 Posted by PatODay (161 posts) -
#13 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3755 posts) -

@breadfan said:

@patoday said:

Tank-A-Polooza 2013

The Cetlics have some talented players and Brad Stevens so far is a very impressive coach. He is taking to the pro game quick and he is making the most out of an unusual roster. Everyone is in a position to contribute.

#14 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1011 posts) -

not to be cocky, but the Blazers are looking really good.

#15 Posted by AMyggen (2573 posts) -

Ah, to be a NY Knicks fan... We need a complete rebuild, I think.

Aside from my team sucking, this season has started really good. A lot of good basketball, and a big surprise in Portland killing it behind Lamarcus Aldridge's amazing start of the season. He should probably be a starter in the All Star game, but won't because he's not a big enough star. Other than that, I think Indiana looks like the strongest team this year, and I don't think even Miami will be able to beat them in the playoffs if George can keep it up on offense.

I wouldn't mind if Duncan could get that fifth ring though, but they're too old to win it now I think.