Oh Jesus, I think I don't like jRPGs anymore!

• 120 results
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#101  Edited By Hailinel
@Lind_L_Taylor: This conversation is really going nowhere, and it's about time that I bow out before this argument becomes too circular, but if you like I could look up the definition of paranoia and share it with you.  Otherwise, a pleasant day to you, sir.
Althalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Althalus
@Lind_L_Taylor said:

I think you're lying.
Because no one could possibly have a different experience than you.  I mean, that's like, UNPOSSIBLE.  All gay people have to fall into some kind of neat little stereotype.  I'd hate to hear your thoughts on black people or asians, you'd probably end up being a blatant racist as well.  You're an ignorant homophobic asshole, and your kind of venomous hatred is going to be on the losing side of history.  Count on it.
Genjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Genjai
@vidiot: I stand corrected. :^) But my opinion of Japanese games remains unchanged.
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#104  Edited By Meowayne

I prefer effeminate heroes to balding marines with raspy voices. They are usually an indicator for better writing.

Avatar image for deactivated-15136
deactivated-15136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't care what anyone says.  Tales of Vesperia is the best RPG on current-gen consoles and one of the best games on the 360 thus far.   Yuri is such a badass.

Althalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Althalus

You know what I like about the bible?  It's a book.

I'm not gay, or a "sissy".  I'm just not an ignorant close minded asswipe like you, chuckles.  Don't you have a Klan meeting to attend?

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#107  Edited By Ferginator4k

The Fact is, in my case i've hated JRPG's ever since i started playing Western RPG's.
Thats not to say all JRPG's are crap, im just enjoy western RPG's more.
The Exception to my statements regarding JRPG's being The World Ends With You.

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#108  Edited By mattysen

Lol I had the same problem. All of these JRPG's are fairly simular to each other, get FF4 or FF: Crises Core or for the Xbox Enternal Sonata

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@Althalus said:
" You know what I like about the bible?  It's a book.I'm not gay, or a "sissy".  I'm just not an ignorant close minded asswipe like you, chuckles.  Don't you have a Klan meeting to attend? "
It's not racism.  In the future, try not to clump perverts in with other people's culture, using them as shields.  People need to be open-minded to a degree, but not to the point where the brain falls off the brain pan.  Another attack ploy, open-mindedness, is just another excuse to justify being a pervert.  In the future, stop trying to find ways of taking dignified thoughts & institutions & warping them to your willingness to be open to a perverted lifestyle.
Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#110  Edited By Torrim

I came to post about JRPGs.  Shut UP.

The "golden age" of RPGs, in my opinion, is definitely the SNES - PSOne.  That doesn't mean there were some gems later on.  Dragon Quest VIII is probably one of my top five of all time.  I think the best thing now is that they stay on portables, where the pressure of a monster budget can protect the smaller endeavors.

Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Torrim
@slinky6 said:
" It''s because the genre refuses to move forward in all areas except graphics, and the graphics are what attract new players to shitty games.   Any JRPG you like, you only like because of nostalgia."
Calling bullshit on this.
nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112  Edited By nicolenomicon

It's just the recent games that have come out, mind you Valkyria Chronicles was pretty good.

Tsupu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Tsupu
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @Althalus said:
" You know what I like about the bible?  It's a book.I'm not gay, or a "sissy".  I'm just not an ignorant close minded asswipe like you, chuckles.  Don't you have a Klan meeting to attend? "
It's not racism.  In the future, try not to clump perverts in with other people's culture, using them as shields.  People need to be open-minded to a degree, but not to the point where the brain falls off the brain pan.  Another attack ploy, open-mindedness, is just another excuse to justify being a pervert.  In the future, stop trying to find ways of taking dignified thoughts & institutions & warping them to your willingness to be open to a perverted lifestyle. "
But it is equatable to racism in that you are making broad assumptions and sweeping judgements of a large group of people based on the behavior and actions of a very small percentage of them that you happen to interact with or otherwise see.  Your statement that all homosexuals are deviants and perverts is no different than a white supremacist coming in here and saying all black people are violent and stupid.  Both statements are grossly ignorant and hateful.  Or how about you?  You're a gamer.  So you must be a grossly overweight, pale, mouth breathing, socially awkward 30 year old virgin living at home with mom.  Because all the gamers some random schmuck has run into in his community are like that, so he told you that must be how you are too when he heard you play video games. 

When this person says that, do you or do you not find that to be a grossly ignorant uninformed assumption that does not take into account the large amount of people who have had long running interest in games and lead a variety of productive and satisfying lives?  Someone please let me know if I'm wasting my time trying to enlighten this guy, I hate getting into long winded arguments that go in circles with people who are just trolling, and that's the vibe I'm getting here.
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#114  Edited By vidiot
@Tsupu said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @Althalus said:
It's not racism.  In the future, try not to clump perverts in with other people's culture, using them as shields.  People need to be open-minded to a degree, but not to the point where the brain falls off the brain pan.  Another attack ploy, open-mindedness, is just another excuse to justify being a pervert.  In the future, stop trying to find ways of taking dignified thoughts & institutions & warping them to your willingness to be open to a perverted lifestyle. "
But it is equatable to racism in that you are making broad assumptions and sweeping judgements of a large group of people based on the behavior and actions of a very small percentage of them that you happen to interact with or otherwise see.  Your statement that all homosexuals are deviants and perverts is no different than a white supremacist coming in here and saying all black people are violent and stupid.  Both statements are grossly ignorant and hateful. "
Public opinion on Lind_L_Taylor's trollish immature homophobia had been cemented quite a while ago. Don't worry about it.
While your response is eloquently put, and something any rational mind would have put together. I wouldn't try arguing with him. If he's hasn't learned what you typed by now, he's not going to learn anytime soon.

Just let this thread die.
imhuntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#115  Edited By imhuntad

Cool. I'm right there with you on this topic, OP. I haven't been able to stand JRPG's since the ps2. I can still play DS JRPG's, but I just can't take the ones on 360, PS3, and Wii. The characters, the story, the cinematics....ugh! I wish I could still play em! Sadly, I can't :\

skywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#116  Edited By skywing

its cool man calm down

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#117  Edited By Disgaeamad

/ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
     | Hey guys, let's troll an RPG thread with the claim that our opinion is fact and that anyone that disagrees is fucking stupid.
      \_  ________________________________________________________________________________________
         ∨
                           / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
           ∧_∧          | I'M AN INCREDIBLE FAGGOT PLEASE RAPE MY FACE.
      ( ´∀`)       /へ._______________________________________
      (    っ-~  ∧ ∧
  ∧_∧-ニニニニニニニ─、 (゚Д゚;)
 ( ・∀・ )        ヽ⊂  ヽ
 (    つヽ、    ∧_∧\ ノ~
  し__) \  ニニ(    ). \    / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
      || ̄ ̄  (      ) ̄||  <  |  LOLOLOLOLOL WE'RE SO COOL AND EDGY
               (__○ノ        \________________________________
   ∧
/ ̄   ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
| Jesus christ you people make me sick
\__________________________

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By bubahula

ive never liked jrpg's not my thing

injuotoko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By injuotoko

I was a huge JRPG fan too. Not so much these days. Still love Persona4 though, planning on doing a 2nd run.

Some factors that might cause TC's not liking JRPGs anymore could be:
- lack of time, as you grow older, you got lesser time for these kind of games that requires huge amount of devotion
- you are burnt out because of the chain of JRPGs that you've played one after another
- you notice a painful similarities between titles, like you've seen this before, and wanted something else new
HAMMERCLAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By HAMMERCLAW

After playing the gritty, more earthy and overtly violent sort of video games for years, returning to the softer, more subtle pastel sweetness of JRPGs has become mission impossible for me. Game after game wind up languishing on the shelf, not started, or unfinished, fallen victim to my new-found inability to suspend disbelief and immerse myself in the story-line, or discontinued, in disgust, because of turn-based combat that no longer thrills. I could blame it on modern examples of the genre not being as well-crafted as their predecessors, but the truth is, probably, that I've have become far too jaded, and my tastes have matured too much for me to appreciate them, and ever recapture that sense of wonder they once evoked. Pity.