Oh Lost Odyssey...I want to hate you but i cant

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By mattysen

Lost Odyssey for me, started of well then after the 10 hour mark i was like "why am i still playing this?". But I found my self in the same cycle day in day out addicted to that game. It feels like theres nothing special at all about that game, i am not attached to any of the charcter's since all of them are soo hard to sympathsizes with it's unreal. The plot is fair with some pretty good twist's in it. But then i look to the stack of games to be completed or open'd even, and nothing look's very appatising to me. 

The art in the game to some is genius but i dont find it very appealing ether, an middle-easten robotic themed distopia just seems not slick and very very dirty 
(in a bad way). 

The off putter from my last blog might kill the game for a few months after about 2 more attemp's but for some reason i just cant seem to put the damn thing down. I mean i like progressing quickly, can any one tell me if the game pick's up at all from here, because its terribly slow here (almost as bad as the begining). Or some tips?
mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mattysen

Lost Odyssey for me, started of well then after the 10 hour mark i was like "why am i still playing this?". But I found my self in the same cycle day in day out addicted to that game. It feels like theres nothing special at all about that game, i am not attached to any of the charcter's since all of them are soo hard to sympathsizes with it's unreal. The plot is fair with some pretty good twist's in it. But then i look to the stack of games to be completed or open'd even, and nothing look's very appatising to me. 

The art in the game to some is genius but i dont find it very appealing ether, an middle-easten robotic themed distopia just seems not slick and very very dirty 
(in a bad way). 

The off putter from my last blog might kill the game for a few months after about 2 more attemp's but for some reason i just cant seem to put the damn thing down. I mean i like progressing quickly, can any one tell me if the game pick's up at all from here, because its terribly slow here (almost as bad as the begining). Or some tips?
Avatar image for computerplayer1
Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Computerplayer1

I can totally see where you're coming from. When I first picked the game up at launch, I was hoping for something close to Final Fantasy. It is pretty close, albeit a bit stripped down. However, the game does pick up considerably in my opinion. The caveat to enjoying the game more is hunting down and reading all the 1000 Years of Dreams. Those are what will make you appreciate the game more, if the music and eventual character and plot development does not.

I played that game for 120+ hours, and I enjoyed every minute of it. It is slow in the beginning, but if you do have an eye for a good story then the 1000 Years of Dreams will make you want to know more about Kaim if anyone else.

So yah, to answer your question more directly, the game does pick up. Whether or not you inevitably enjoy the game will depend on how much you appreciate the dreams and the eventual plot development.

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mattysen

Oh i forgot to mention im on the fourth disc on my way to numara for the 2nd time. Yeah the 1000 Years of Dreams are pretty well written however i feel there to irrelevent to the main story and drag on for abit to much. I dont think i am behind the curve for the point at the game (about lvl 40) but i fear i have some grinding to do before i can sit back and enjoy that particual part of the game.