#1 Posted by Serpentenema (219 posts) -

I was bored so I decided it was about as right of a time as ever to become a premium member of Giantbomb, but I was trying to save money because I just got paid this week and like I spent half of it already before I bought this. Now it is time to break out the ketchup sandwiches.

#2 Posted by Beforet (2934 posts) -

You've ultimately saved money, assuming you were going to be monthly for a year, which you very well might not have been. Oh well, at least you don't have to worry about that possible expense for another year. Oh, and enjoy the premium content!

#3 Posted by Serpentenema (219 posts) -

I am excited to watch unprofessional fridays because it reminds me of 2010's end of the year show where they just played a bunch of random old games for 8 hours

#4 Posted by Zella (827 posts) -

That's good cause with the rate people keep sending in their trash old games in I'm betting a lot of the premium content will be stuff about random old games.

#5 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (6002 posts) -

Well the site's not lacking for existing content. So work your way through that over the next year, instead of the next month.

#6 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

Spoiler: there will never be another unprofessional Friday again ( unprofessional of them, I know )

#7 Edited by falling_fast (2283 posts) -

I can't afford either atm. when I get a new job I'll re-sub. :/

#8 Posted by gaminghooligan (1483 posts) -

ha! I did the same thing on Thursday and realized I saved ten bucks, so it's all good.

#9 Posted by AndrewB (7691 posts) -

Cream cheese and salsa sandwiches, man.

#10 Posted by Snail (8662 posts) -

@Serpentenema said:

I am excited to watch unprofessional fridays because it reminds me of 2010's end of the year show where they just played a bunch of random old games for 8 hours

They still do those. At the end of last year they played a bunch of Super Famicom (and famicom as well maybe?) games.

#11 Posted by Undeadpool (4998 posts) -

@Serpentenema said:

I was bored so I decided it was about as right of a time as ever to become a premium member of Giantbomb, but I was trying to save money because I just got paid this week and like I spent half of it already before I bought this. Now it is time to break out the ketchup sandwiches.

Check out Random PC Games in the Subscriber tab. All will be well.

#12 Posted by Miketakon (514 posts) -

At least you'll have some good karma.

#13 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

Maybe one day I will become a premium.

#14 Posted by kindone (2833 posts) -

That's how I got last years subscription. Didn't realize I was clicking the yearly. Was worth every penny.

#15 Edited by TrafalgarLaw (1373 posts) -

@Miketakon said:

Too bad the money goes to CBS, to line the pockets of those Ceo's with gold encrusted benjamins. Support the conglomerates!

#16 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

I drank enough last night to purchase another year subscription. I don't know why I did it really. The live show pushed me over the top I guess.

#17 Posted by BillyTheKid (486 posts) -

Well now you get too watch all that elusive premium stuff for a year so that is good. And you are saving money too.

#18 Posted by GalacticPunt (1106 posts) -

Well, enjoy the backlog of Random PC games and Load Our Last Saves. There's some amazing stuff to catch up on.

I'm sorry that money's going to be tight in the short term. There are ways to improve that. You don't have a strong gag reflex, right?

#19 Posted by evanbower (1216 posts) -

@TrafalgarLaw said:

@Miketakon said:

Too bad the money goes to CBS, to line the pockets of those Ceo's with gold encrusted benjamins. Support the conglomerates!

I'd bet that CBS funds Giant Bomb with more money for things like salaries/equipment than the site makes a year on subscriptions.. so.. I don't really know what you're going for here.

#20 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3925 posts) -

You're in it now, for good, lady.

#21 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12123 posts) -

Just watch the Phantasmagoria Random PC Game and be content with the world.

#22 Posted by alternate (2720 posts) -

@evanbower said:

@TrafalgarLaw said:

@Miketakon said:

I'd bet that CBS funds Giant Bomb with more money for things like salaries/equipment than the site makes a year on subscriptions.. so.. I don't really know what you're going for here.

How many subs are they up to now? 10k? yeah, that isn't even going to cover salaries when you take out the overhead.

If you don't want to fund big corporations you are going to have to live in a monastery - that or a compound in Utah (but even then, who do you think makes your assault rifles?).

#23 Edited by alternate (2720 posts) -

@Serpentenema said:

If you are really hurting then msg Dave (@enemykite) on twitter and he should be able to sort you out. He has in similar cases before now.

#24 Posted by ripelivejam (4874 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan:

#25 Posted by Jay_Ray (1132 posts) -

Check Drew's North Korea trip discussion. One of the best premium content available.

#26 Posted by cloudnineboya (845 posts) -

hahahahahahaaaaaaaaa, sucker.