• 84 results
Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Lord_Xp

Seeing there is no place for Ohio on the boards, I figured I'd make one. I live in a small town called Sheffield Lake which is close to Cleveland. If any of you feel like going out for drinks to remember the Great Ryan Davis, please go ahead and post here.

Lets also not make this a one time thing either. I'm always looking for people to hang out with!

Updated 7-11-2013 : I'm thinking that July 20th at Melt for those who would like to go there. Then July 27th at B Side Liquor Lounge.

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bleh, Opposite side of the state! :\

SquirrelCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SquirrelCheese

CLEVELAND! (Lakewood specifically here)

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bleh, Opposite side of the state! :\

This was a problem I had a feeling would occur. Ohio is no small state.

CLEVELAND! (Lakewood specifically here)

I work right on the Lakewood/Cleveland border. It's on 117th.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By matthias2437

I live in Cuyahoga Falls (around Akron) but work in Downtown Cleveland! There is an awesome little bar there called Moriarty's Pub.

I would be more than happy to meet up somewhere up there in his honor.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're too far north for me unfortunately. I live in Beavercreek, a suburb of Dayton. Like the idea though.

Jackhole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Bit too far away for me (Cincinnati), but have a good time duders!

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lord_Xp

I live in Cuyahoga Falls (around Akron) but work in Downtown Cleveland! There is an awesome little bar there called Moriarty's Pub.

I would be more than happy to meet up somewhere up there in his honor.

That sounds like an awesome pub. Never been to any of the bars in Cleveland before.

rollnthunber36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rollnthunber36

I live in the ohio valley right along the WV boarder and would have to plan well ahead but I would greatly enjoy meeting some community members in person

elliottfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ohio City / Cleveland

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lord_Xp

So to the people who would like to go in the Cleveland area...is there a bar you would like to suggest? Moriarty's Pub is one so far. I know none so I won't suggest anything. Once we get a place, we can set a day to go.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in the Ohio Valley as well, and can see Wheeling, WV through my window, so Cincinnati and Cleveland is a bit too far for me... though considering the circumstances I'd love to do this given some serious planning. If you guys get together, drink one for him from me.

If anyone closer to the Ohio Valley wants to get together, I'm more than down. I really like the idea of duders getting together and becoming real friends in Ryan's memory.

pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I live in Amelia, OH and cleveland is a bit too far for a duder who doesn't have a car. Sorry, mate.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To the other people who live to far to the Cleveland meetup. Feel free to use this thread to find a common place to meetup at.

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

Dayton, Ohio here. But you Cleveland duders enjoy!

dkessler175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll second Lakewood, Ohio. It's hard to not end up at a good bar around here. Buckeye Beer Engine is a solid place.

Diesel_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Count me in to meet anywhere in the Cleveland/westside area, particularaly to pour one out for the great Ryan Davis. Happy Dog could be fun.

JOURN3Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JOURN3Y

i'm in the Cleveland area, so sign me up if the stars align.

MrT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm from Parma, but i'm straight edge so no drinking for me unless it's root beer or ginger ale.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrt said:

I'm from Parma, but i'm straight edge so no drinking for me unless it's root beer or ginger ale.

Alcohol is not a requirement duder.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm in Barberton. A small town outside of Akron. I would love to come out if I didn't have to work tomorrow. :-/

Diesel_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So are we thinking this weekend sometime? I believe I'm free Friday and Saturday night, so I'm down for whatever works best for everyone else.

zeyepawdz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crap, lotta Cleveland duders. Toledo, here.

JoshyLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why I hate being in Athens. I'd love to meet up with some duders, but I'm in the middle of nowhere.

zeyepawdz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshylee said:

This is why I hate being in Athens. I'd love to meet up with some duders, but I'm in the middle of nowhere.

OU 2010 alum, here. Trust me, if I was around I'd demand meetups at Jackie O's.

God, I miss that place.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

I live in Cincinnati

aidros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see you Ohio duders! I live in Cincinnati myself, so Cleveland might be a bit of a drive, but I wouldn't mind driving it to meet some of you folk. Would Columbus be an option? Kind of meeting in the middle?

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9
deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in Akron, I'd be down for anywhere though. I'd love to get together and hang out with some fellow duders. Let's make this happen!

copax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't be able to join, but I'm a cleveland area duder.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

I actually live in Fairfield if anyone lives around here. I'm going out this weekend, feel free to join.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If some of you none Cleveland people want to make other hangouts in other places thats fine. I only said Cleveland because I live near it.

Feel free to set up a cinnci spot or Akron or Toledo if you feel like it. I dont want you guys driving hours unless you really want to of course.

joebillmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in Hudson, between Cleveland and Akron. We could do something in Lakewood or Ohio City as those places have good bars/centrally located. I'll keep a watch on this thread.

AngryWombat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AngryWombat

For anyone in the Columbus area, there's a new bar called the 16-bit Bar + Arcade opening up soon. Would be an ideal place for a meetup. From what I've read on their facebook page they plan on having all their cabinets on free-play. https://www.facebook.com/16BitBar

MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MikeHawk

I live in Wooster (about an hour south of Cleveland) and I go to school another hour south in Mount Vernon. I would totally be up for something in either Cleveland or Columbus. I don't turn 21 until the 21st, though (Giant Bomb's 5th birthday!) Also, I'm on vacation until Sunday, so I wouldn't be able to go to anything until next week.

Avatar image for deactivated-6361a51d4fffb
deactivated-6361a51d4fffb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in Brecksville which is just south of Cleveland. Definitely behind this idea. I know there's a bunch of different bars to choose from in Tremont if we're doing it in the Cleveland area.

Oh and a Saturday works best for me. I work laaaate on Fridays.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

OU Class of '03. I've left the state for DC, but goddam if I don't miss the CI, Courtside Pizza, Goodfella's...

@joshylee said:

OU 2010 alum, here. Trust me, if I was around I'd demand meetups at Jackie O's.

God, I miss that place.

brownsfantb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 30

I'm in Broadview Heights (15 or so mins south of Cleveland) and would be down to meet up anytime. Weekends would work best for me. Would love to be able to share some Ryan Davis memories with others since most of my friends don't watch GB stuff.

aidros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For anyone in the Columbus area, there's a new bar called the 16-bit Bar + Arcade opening up soon. Would be an ideal place for a meetup. From what I've read on their facebook page they plan on having all their cabinets on free-play. https://www.facebook.com/16BitBar

That's fantastic to hear, both as a meetup spot and knowing that I'm going back to C-bus in August (starting my victory lap @ OSU). I'd be very interested in a place like this though. What does everybody else think?

Korosuzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Akron, OH here. I could attend a Cleveland meetup but probably not this weekend as I'm heading to Pittsburgh.

xplusy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I live in C-Bus (at least for the next 5 weeks). I am definitely interested, just let me know date and time.

FauxWren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh shit, I'm in Cleveland Heights and I'd totally be down for a GB meetup as well if one goes down in the area. My own recommendations for location would be any of the Melt bars/restaurants (Lakewood, Cleveland Heights, Independence, Mentor), because grilled cheese and beer is a winning combination. There's also a Barcade that just opened up here in Coventry not too long ago (http://www.bsideliquorlounge.com/) if we wanted to go for the whole video games thing a bit more. I'll be around pretty much any weekend as well.

vipersona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vipersona

Columbus native. I live and work in Zanesville. Ohio Univeristy 2001 graduate. Family in Ohio Valley.

Meetup!

joebillmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fauxben said:

Oh shit, I'm in Cleveland Heights and I'd totally be down for a GB meetup as well if one goes down in the area. My own recommendations for location would be any of the Melt bars/restaurants (Lakewood, Cleveland Heights, Independence, Mentor), because grilled cheese and beer is a winning combination. There's also a Barcade that just opened up here in Coventry not too long ago (http://www.bsideliquorlounge.com/) if we wanted to go for the whole video games thing a bit more. I'll be around pretty much any weekend as well.

B Side looks AWESOME. I know there's a Melt right around the street from that, so a meet up then moving towards B Side would be awesome.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fauxben said:

B Side looks AWESOME. I know there's a Melt right around the street from that, so a meet up then moving towards B Side would be awesome.

I think B Side should be the set place to go

would everyone be ok with this date: July 20th or July 27th? Both are Saturdays.

MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MikeHawk

I'll second the idea of going to The Melt. My college friends and I were wanting to go last semester, but we never got around to it. Also, I'd prefer we go the 27th if we're going to B Side so I'll be 21. Would they even let me in if I was still 20?

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_xp: I'm cool with the place and either of those dates. Just let me know!

SquirrelCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SquirrelCheese
ScimitarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm stationed in Dayton. I'd be down to set up a Dayton or Cinncinati meet up for the people in the south part of the state if people are interested.

joebillmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_xp:

27th would be great. Melt and B Side guys or just B Side? We could set times for both so you can choose your own.