User Lists: 2

I live in the Dayton Metropolitan Area.

brownsfantb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 30

The 27th works best for me as well. I think B Side would be best but the Melt is cool too.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Hey guys, I live out in Lorain and that Bside looks pretty cool. I'll have to make sure I'm not working on the 27th. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see when everyone is going.

AlanLUFC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's the 27th I'll be there....Is there a set location? Time?

joebillmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think most people have confirmed for the 27th at B Side (http://www.bsideliquorlounge.com). No time yet. Might have a pregame session at Melt in Cleveland Heights.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By Lord_Xp

Everyone reading this thread! Please read the Original Post. I updated it with the dates and places to meet up!

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lord_xp: Which Melt? The one in Independence? (rockside road)

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthias2437: Good question I forgot there were multiple Melt's. Since there is a meet already in in Cleveland, maybe Independence would be better since it's a bit more south for people.

What do the other Ohio Duders think?

ZombieKitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Right next to you in Lorain city!

Avatar image for deactivated-6361a51d4fffb
deactivated-6361a51d4fffb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

27th at B Side sounds good to me. Also behind Melt for before or whatever. Excited!

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right next to you in Lorain city!

Oh shit! Another Lorain duder up in this bitch? I felt like I was the only one on this site from Lorain County

MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MikeHawk

@lord_xp: Yeah, the Independence Melt would save me some time. As long as it isn't too inconvenient for the people farther up north.

joebillmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By joebillmatt

I was thinking Melt in Cleveland Heights that's really close to B Side, but if we split it up so people south & north have places to go that'd be sweet. Independence Melt is 20 minutes from my place.

All that it comes down to is times. Melt gets packed quick, even on Saturdays. B Side has DJs starting at 10PM on Saturdays.

MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joebillmatt: I forgot about the Cleveland Heights one being close to B-Side. Disregard my last post. It's only 20 extra minutes for me to go to the Cleveland Heights one.

ch298807

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ch298807

If we get a Columbus area meetup going definitely count me in

joebillmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By joebillmatt

@mikehawk: I think the main poster was thinking melt on the 20th and b side the 27th, to split up the events incase people can't go on one of the days (per the first post in the thread). That's how I read into it.

FauxWren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With respect to crowdedness at Melt on Saturdays and in general, I find that you can get in without much of a wait and get served pretty quick if you just sit at the bar, even when the restaurant is pretty crowded. When I go there (which is more often than I'd like to admit) I generally just eat at the bar as a rule, and it always works out pretty well.

As for splitting them up across two dates, if you want to go for maximum geographic diversity I'd probably say the Lakewood Melt is the one that would let you get more within the people from the West side's ballpark. Independence isn't too far away from where it's looking like we're already going to be at the B-side, and Mentor is kind of way out to the east.

The B-side doesn't serve much in the way of food by the look of things, so it's not a bad idea to do some kind of pre-meet at Melt to eat something if we wanted. Or we could just go drink without eating anything, WHAT COULD GO WRONG

joebillmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fauxben: that's exactly what I was thinking, early dinner (3 or 4) at melt then heading over to B Side for the rest of the night

vipersona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ch298807: I would love a Columbus meetup! Anyone else?

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So everyone got the message on this? July 27th B Side and July 20th at Melt in Independence. I personally won't be at the Melt one, but let me know what times you guys want to be there so I can put it in the Original Post. For the July 27th, I'm thinking between 8-9pm to be up there around?

I don't know how we will identify ourselves in public. I'll probably wear my shirt that says "8 Bit Hustler" or my Mortal Combat shirt

FauxWren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it arrives on time, I'll be wearing the FUCK, RYAN DAVIS shirt, which I think will probably make me pretty identifiable. I'll be at the one on the 27th, in all likelihood.

joebillmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By joebillmatt

I'm totally open on the 20th, so whatever time at Melt works for me. Might want to be 'early' so we can get a decent table or a good area at the bar.

8-9pm works for B Side, we should totally request some summer jams from the DJ!

I'll post what I'm wearing that day.

kurtkless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

moved out of Bay Village last year, lived there and in Little Italy for years, Sad we didn't try to get a GB meetup going earlier :(

prettyunsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angrywombat: That looks awesome. Any word on when it opens up? I'll take a look either way on my next trip to Dirty Frank's.

AngryWombat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prettyunsmart: they were originally supposed to open last weekend? Last I heard is they ran into some kind of problem and had to post-pone the opening and I haven't heard them announce another date.

aidros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@vipersona@ch298807 I would be cool with a Columbus meetup. It's a bit closer for me in Cincinnati.

Anybody else in Southern/Eastern/West-Central Ohio interested in a potential Columbus meetup?

Turhaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dat Cleveland. Looks like I'm in the wrong city.

I literally just moved to Columbus. Like, today practically. Where mah duders at? Would love a meet up and maybe some instant friends.

AlchemistZer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By AlchemistZer0

Cincinnati native myself Nati Unite!!

Diesel_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll do my best to make it out to both meetups. Unfortunately I have plans for the evening of the 20th, but I can stop by Melt for an hour or so. The 27th is looking wide open (where I promise to get drunker, louder, and no better at vidja games).

Looking forward to meeting everyone. This should be good.

MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So did we confirm a time that this is all going down today?

Avatar image for deactivated-6361a51d4fffb
deactivated-6361a51d4fffb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikehawk: Dunno...would it be the Rockside Rd. one? Are people planning on going or is the Melt plan falling apart before us. Can I say 6 or 7 so at least a time is out there. Not sure if that counts as 'early' as far what @joebillmatt said.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Lord_Xp

@waxenapple: No one posted times for it. From what I gathered though, it seemed they were aiming for early in the evening.

joebillmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't be able to make it to a pre-game on the 27th, but I'm still planning on making it out at night to B Side.

vipersona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_xp: So how did the Cleveland meetup go?

spykereightsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was born in Dayton, but moved to CA when I was five. In an alternate universe, I'd totally be meeting up with you.