#1 Posted by ImaTreee (202 posts) -

#2 Posted by zombie2011 (5049 posts) -

I'd wait until those exclusives come out to get one, maybe by then the PS3 will drop in price.

#3 Posted by big_jon (5788 posts) -

This is the longest thread title I have ever seen.

#4 Posted by Lord_Xp (606 posts) -

I vote for you making a shorter topic title. what were your ps3 generations? and did you treat them properly?

#5 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (635 posts) -

wait for the black friday deals and see if you can get a new one cheaper and then get it. if not then wait till when the games you want to play come out.

#6 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Aren't we close to the next generation of consoles rolling out? I'd wait for that or just build a PC.

#7 Posted by TooWalrus (13257 posts) -

There are new PS3 exclusives coming? What, like, The Last of Us, and...?

#8 Posted by hwy_61 (943 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

Aren't we close to the next generation of consoles rolling out? I'd wait for that or just build a PC.

Enjoy The Last of Us on PC! Oh, wait.

#9 Posted by Lord_Xp (606 posts) -

There is also Beyond: Two Souls. Looks pretty awesome so far. Liked Quatum's Heavy Rain game. There is the new 500gb with Assassin's Creed 3 bundle or the Uncharted 3 bundle also. That comes with the one year PS+ subscription too.

#10 Posted by ImaTreee (202 posts) -

@TooWalrus: well that and i want to play my old ones too

#11 Posted by ImaTreee (202 posts) -

@big_jon: sorry about that .___.

#12 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

@hwy_61 said:

@BraveToaster said:

Enjoy The Last of Us on PC! Oh, wait.

I know, bro. Lmao!

#13 Posted by WarlordPayne (706 posts) -

The Uncharted 3 bundle comes with 1 month of playstation plus, not one year.

#14 Posted by hwy_61 (943 posts) -

I would buy one on black friday. The particular bundle people are talking about will run you $220.

#15 Posted by ImaTreee (202 posts) -

my worry is that my third one would break down on me as well

#16 Posted by TooWalrus (13257 posts) -

@ImaTreee: Ya know what, Sly Cooper 4, The Last of Us, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Last Guardian... All these games are going to be worth playing, even if they are coming out in twenty-oh-never.

#17 Posted by hwy_61 (943 posts) -

Well, stop fucking treating your PS3s like shit.

#18 Edited by ImaTreee (202 posts) -

@hwy_61: I KNOW I'M A BAD OWNER DD:

in all seriousness i probably should've cleaned the inside of it more often.

#19 Posted by gaminghooligan (1483 posts) -

I know it sucks but wait, there has to be a price drop incoming as we near the new year and next gen systems. If you can't wait, maybe consider putting the money towards a moderately powerful gaming PC, since you can always upgrade later. I remember when I got my YLoD, broke my heart losing my fat PS3.

#20 Posted by hwy_61 (943 posts) -

If you're going to wait until PS4 comes out, you may want to reconsider. There is no guarantee that it will have backwards compatibility.

#21 Posted by awesomeusername (4218 posts) -

@TooWalrus: Sly 4 is in February. The Last of Us will be in the Fall. Beyond: Two Souls whenever that comes out. God of War: Ascension in March. The Last Guardian & Versus 13 will never come out. Also Guacamelee, Puppeteer & Rain. Next year shall be glorious. Again.

#22 Posted by TooWalrus (13257 posts) -

@awesomeusername: Yeah, I'm not sure which post you responded to, but in that 2nd post I acknowledged that there was a fine list of PS3 games worth buying a new system for. My first post is unnecessarily snark The list you came up with was better though, so thanks. 2013 is going to be a GREAT year, I'll finally finish school, so maybe I'll actually have time to play most of the games I want.

#23 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1203 posts) -

Get that slimmer slim version that's coming out soon.

#24 Posted by Phatmac (5728 posts) -

Gotta play the last of us!

#25 Posted by pyrodactyl (2358 posts) -

If you don't have a 360 or gaming PC get a new PS3. If you can wait, check out the PS4 annoucement at E3 and see if it's retrocompatible.

#26 Posted by awesomeusername (4218 posts) -

@TooWalrus: It was a response to the second since you only mentioned 4 games and 2 of them are in hell right now. But yes, definitely a great list of games coming next year, especially since all of them besides GoW & Sly are new IP's.

#27 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

you should call up sony. tell them to fix it instead of spending like $300 or whatever price ps3 are. i'm sure it's like $100 to get it fixed.

you can also wait until the exclusives come out then buy a ps3.

#28 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

My 2007 PS3(40GB model upgraded to a 500GB hdd) is still going strong. Haven't had any problems despite playing thousand of hours on it.

Do people keep their PS3s in enclosed spaces?

#29 Posted by ImaTreee (202 posts) -

@iam3green: I was thinking of doing that but I wasn't sure if the fix would be permanent.

#30 Posted by sam1am7000 (101 posts) -

@ImaTreee: Now that you've made a poll, you HAVE to do what the results say!

#31 Posted by RioStarwind (578 posts) -

Well you have horrible luck with PS3 consoles. Although it's certainly guaranteed that a console will have backwards compatibility I wonder if the PS4 will have it. Anyway if you need to play the games the first day they are out then buy another PS3. If you don't mind waiting a while then wait and see what happens.

#32 Posted by banishedsoul1 (294 posts) -

get it fixed? trade in a bunch of games and get a second one cheap? buy a used one?

#33 Posted by ImaTreee (202 posts) -

@banishedsoul1 said:

get it fixed? trade in a bunch of games and get a second one cheap? buy a used one?

i might just end up buying a used one

#34 Posted by banishedsoul1 (294 posts) -

@ImaTreee said:

@banishedsoul1 said:

i might just end up buying a used one

You could go to some third party that might be able to fix it cheap. Also look on youtube to see if you can fix it yourself. I got my bros broken ps3 for 60$ and fixed it in like 5 mins.

#35 Posted by ImaTreee (202 posts) -

@banishedsoul1: oh ok thanks