time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By time allen

"Boomerang rentals is pleased to inform you that OKAMI IS ON THE WAY BITCHES"

I've been wanting to play this game for a prolonged amount of time now. I don't know much about the game, other than you are some sort of female god inside a wolf, but I have heard nothing but good things about this game. Simply put: cannot wait. It looks so beautiful too, all cel shaded and stuff.  

Beautiful.
Beautiful.

In other gaming related news I have officially given up on Lost Odyssey because of one boss that isn't even supposed to be difficult. It's just like "HAHAHA ONE SPELL KILL". So that has been sent away, back to the bleak offices/warehouse/confines of Boomerang rentals. I am also stuck on Final Fantasy X, on what is sure to be my billionth play through, at the usual spot (Mt.Gagazet). I hate Seymour.
So as you can see this week/month/year in gaming has been that of an RPG orientated one, mixed in with some added frustration and numerous countings of cursing. Also with some failure for that zesty taste.

It wouldn't be a JRPG without a semi-naked lady.
It wouldn't be a JRPG without a semi-naked lady.

In non-gaming related news my GCSE exams are appoaching, pretty fast too. I have my music practical exam in precisely two weeks from now and to tell you the truth I am shitting my pants. Not from random attacks of anxiety or anything like that, but when people watch me play I have the tendency to mess things up. Ah well.
The one major thing that bugged me about this is that I didn't really have a say in what I perform for my group performance - The Beatles "Ticket to Ride". Now I don't have anything against the beatles but I'm pretty sure that I dislike this song.

And to finish things off nicely, I should be getting a job soon. I have my cv/resume all polished off now and it's just a matter of remembering to put it on my memory stick instead of going into school with a blank memory stick like a fucking moron.
Avatar image for deactivated-579a5a254c9a3
deactivated-579a5a254c9a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

good shit bro.
well that Seymour boss is definitely one of let's say the three hardest bosses in the game... just charge all your overdrives and hit him with them one after another, and fucking haste all of your characters, particularly Auron. i don't even remember how i beat him; chances are it was down to pure luck. Yunalesca was far more of a bitch.

i also want to play Okami... i have $20 sitting here so i think i may well go and buy it this weekend... i have nothing else to buy really.
you'll do fine on your music exam if you practice enough. and Ticket to Ride is fucking awesome, you absolute fool

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I love Okami, awesome game.

Lost Odyssey is pretty difficult, I'm playing through it right now, just about to finish the first disc. I see what you mean by hard though, the bosses are pretty brutal, but nothing a little grinding doesn't cure.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By time allen

MaterOfPenguins: Yeah, Lost Odyssey is difficult at times. And I am not one for grinding, either.

psychomode: Just personal preference. I think the fact that we have to play it in G major contributes towards my hatred, either that or the fact that I just generally hate it. Take your pick. :P And I would advise the purchase of Okami. I have only just started and it has me captivated, thanks to the music. :)

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

Are you playing the Wii version or the PS2 original?. I would say the PS2 game remains the best despite the Wii controls, while the Wii version does have welcome merits.

The art book is pretty awesome.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By time allen

Linkyshinks: I'm playing through the PS2 version, definetly the more interesting of the two. I couldn't imagine myself playing this game with a wii remote it would be so wrong. And yes the boxart/art book/any art within or around the game is an absolute winner.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kratos81
Linkyshinks said:
"Are you playing the Wii version or the PS2 original?. I would say the PS2 game remains the best despite the Wii controls, while the Wii version does have welcome merits.

The art book is pretty awesome."
I played both versions and the ps2 has the superior controls believe it or not. The wii seems like it would be better for the game, but the way the brush strokes register on the wii were off. I had to do strokes over and over sometimes to get it to work. It got old after a while. I bought the ps2 ver because I rented the wii ver and never got to finish it. The ps2 ver works perfect almost everytime. Shame it seems like a game that would shine on the wii, but it was a sloppy port.
time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By time allen

A lot of games seem to slop on the Wii nowadays.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMFG LOL IS IT A CAPTURE CARD?

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Red

Okami is a very, very good game.

I actually think I'm gonna play it right now.
time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By time allen

Wise idea.
I would play it now but I had to send it back. :(

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Meowayne
In other gaming related news I have officially given up on Lost Odyssey because of one boss that isn't even supposed to be difficult. It's just like "HAHAHA ONE SPELL KILL". So that has been sent away, back to the bleak offices/warehouse/confines of Boomerang rentals. I am also stuck on Final Fantasy X, on what is sure to be my billionth play through, at the usual spot (Mt.Gagazet). I hate Seymour.
Wow, you certainly do suck at JRPG combat, don't you?

Both Lost Odyssey and FFX become unbelivably easy after the first two bosses.

._.

Anyway, have fun with Okami.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By time allen

FFX is one of the hardest FF games lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FFX is definitely not easy, haha... there's a few really challenging bosses in there. calling Yunalesca "unbelievably easy" is kinda ignorant

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By JJWeatherman

I only found Lost odyssey hard at the final couple of bosses. I decided to grind just out of boredom and I wanted to dominate the final boss. If you tell me which boss I could maybe tell you an easy way to go about beating it.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By time allen

I had to give the game back, but I will hold you to that offer. :P
And just for the record FFX is DONE. Now to go finish FFXII.