Okami Sequel Coming?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJOR64

I found THIS article over at Nintendo Everything.  Very interesting stuff.  After people noticed the trademark,  Capcom had this to say:  

“Nothing I can say here. Sorry.” – Christian Svensson, Corporate Officer/VP of Strategic Planning & Business Development 
(taken from THIS link.)

I would love a sequel to the game.  It was very well received but, didn't sell very well.  What do you guys thing?  If they do make it, I hope it's on 360/PS3.  Would love to see the cel-shaded graphics in HD.  It would look awesome.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I would still get it even if it was on the Wii. I can't wait.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JJOR64
@TimAllen624 said:
" I would still get it even if it was on the Wii. I can't wait. "
Me to.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wasn't the game already a sequel? Personally, I'd like to see a sequel to Zack & Wiki. Adventure games are coming back! Yay!

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By spankingaddict

yesssssssss please be true pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee make a sequel ............... i love okami............ love it there should be countless sequels ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo    sorry...

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By c1337us
@Video_Game_King said:
" Wasn't the game already a sequel? Personally, I'd like to see a sequel to Zack & Wiki. Adventure games are coming back! Yay! "
Really? I wasnt aware of that. The one I played was pretty good though, I would play another one. But I could love with myself if I didnt.
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By gingertastic_10
@spankingaddict said:
" yesssssssss please be true pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee make a sequel ............... i love okami............ love it there should be countless sequels ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo    sorry... "
I'm guessing you like Okami ;).

After I'm done with Rogue Galaxy I think I'm going to pull out Okami. I lost it, and found it recently. I'm going to beat it!
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King
@c1337us said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
" Wasn't the game already a sequel? Personally, I'd like to see a sequel to Zack & Wiki. Adventure games are coming back! Yay! "
Really? I wasnt aware of that. The one I played was pretty good though, I would play another one. But I could love with myself if I didnt. "
It made itself quite obvious from the beginning that it was a sequel of sorts to original Japanese mythology. Am I the only one who thinks this?
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By c_rakestraw

I'm a little torn by this news.

On one hand, I'm stoked. I loved Okami immensely, so more Okami is always welcome.

But the other hand, I kinda don't want a sequel. Why? Because... I know this a rather trivial reason, but... I feel that unless they can get the original developers (Clover Studio, now known as Platinum Games) to make it, it just wouldn't be the same. I don't why, I just do. Perhaps it's because it seemed like the developers already had something in mind for a sequel, as the game did strongly hit that there was more to the story.

I'd still buy it if it does indeed happen, though. Because, as I said before, more Okami is always welcome.

@Video_Game_King said:

" @c1337us said:

" @Video_Game_King said:
Really? I wasnt aware of that. The one I played was pretty good though, I would play another one. But I could love with myself if I didnt. "
It made itself quite obvious from the beginning that it was a sequel of sorts to original Japanese mythology. Am I the only one who thinks this? "
  True. It did seem that way. So I suppose it could be considered a sequel in that regard.
Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Yes, I hope its on PS3

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Quacktastic

Didn't the Wii version not do that well compared to the PS2?  I'd rather an HD version but the paint mechanic makes me think they would do Wii again, but from the ground up.

If Okami was more difficult it could have been one of the greats.  I would hope they add a hard mode.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JJOR64
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By xyzygy

I still have to play the original... for the wii of course... it looks SO good but I will have to wait unitl i can find it used somewhere

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By spankingaddict
@dcpc10 said:
" Clover studios is gone guys, even if they make a sequel to okami, it won't be as good. :( "
i know what you mean, but you never know.... this is the best news ive heard in a long time...
Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Duuuuuudeee  
CLOVER HAS TO, yes HAS TO COME BACK and MAKE THIS 
Clover was the fucking shit

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By jakob187
@Video_Game_King said:
Shit, give us sequels to both of them!!!  Great games like these deserve sequels. 

@addictedtopinescent said:
" Duuuuuudeee  CLOVER HAS TO, yes HAS TO COME BACK and MAKE THIS Clover was the fucking shit "
Well, isn't most of the crew over at PlatinumGames the same folks?  It would be nice to see some reconciliation for the sake of the fans.
Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jakob187 said:

" Duuuuuudeee  CLOVER HAS TO, yes HAS TO COME BACK and MAKE THIS Clover was the fucking shit "
Well, isn't most of the crew over at PlatinumGames the same folks?  It would be nice to see some reconciliation for the sake of the fans. "
Would Capcom work with them though, platinum games worked with sega on all they're games so far (correct me if Im wrong)
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By c_rakestraw
@jakob187 said:
Well, isn't most of the crew over at PlatinumGames the same folks?  It would be nice to see some reconciliation for the sake of the fans. "
Yeah, the most (if not all) of the employees at Platinum Games are from Clover. So Clover's technically still around, just with a different name.