• 66 results
#1 Posted by Alyssia (323 posts) -

So since there hasn't been too much going on besides GOTY on the site for the past week+, I've been indulging in all the old subscriber videos archived on the site. I can't believe how much awesome content is archived for my viewing pleasures. My favorites so far are when Vinny and Dave play that very old Elder Scrolls game.

The Warlords Cash Game was pretty awesome to watch too. Where is that machine now? Would love to see it's return. Currently i'm watching the Welcome back Tricaster live show they did. So much awesomeness.

Do you have any recommendations on some archived content that you thought was super hot?

#2 Posted by csl316 (8368 posts) -

Windjammers.

Also, any Random PC Game.

#3 Posted by BeachThunder (11803 posts) -

Drew's Korean adventure!

#4 Posted by TruthTellah (8722 posts) -

Game Room.

#5 Edited by Alyssia (323 posts) -

The Random PC Games are something special. So far i've only watched the one with Elder Scrolls and Phatasmagoria. Oh and the SNES stream was great. Would like to see a genesis stream though.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (24286 posts) -

Game Room.

a.k.a.: Watch as Jeff's hopes of a new retro game platform are slowly crushed and he spirals into depression and buyer's remorse.

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Do you have any recommendations on some archived content that you thought was super hot?

SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT.

#8 Posted by TruthTellah (8722 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@truthtellah said:

Game Room.

a.k.a.: Watch as Jeff's hopes of a new retro game platform are slowly crushed and he spirals into depression and buyer's remorse.

Exactly. And hear amazing moments of Ryan just losing his crap on old games.

"No, Jeff. No. Gawdammit. No. Not again. This has to stop."

#9 Posted by GreggD (4486 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@truthtellah said:

Game Room.

Losing his puppy, you mean?

#10 Edited by TruthTellah (8722 posts) -

@greggd said:

@truthtellah said:

@hailinel said:

@truthtellah said:

Game Room.

Losing his puppy, you mean?

No, we may be playing in other forms of puppy-based cursing, but Ryan will forever have his own effusive profanity.

"No, no. Jeff. You can go to hell. No. Fuck you. Why am I even here?!"

#11 Edited by csl316 (8368 posts) -

Endurance Runs are evergreen.

#12 Edited by HatKing (5876 posts) -

I've been on QLCrew watching all of the Vinny/Ryan Quick Looks. A lot of really fucking good memories. I've only recently been able to start watching Ryan's content again without just feeling bummed out.

#13 Posted by Alyssia (323 posts) -

@hatking: Somehow with all the archived content it's almost like Ryan is still around. Nice to be able to watch new things with him in it.

#14 Edited by OneKillWonder_ (1720 posts) -

Game Room.

I just got done marathoning Game Room tonight. I forgot how hilarious Ryan was on these. I miss that bastard...

But yes, go watch all of the Game Room QL's. In order. It has to be in order or else you won't get the full effect of Jeff's slow decent to rock bottom.

I would also recommend the Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Duke Nukem 3D TNT's.

#15 Posted by Alyssia (323 posts) -

Whatever happened to TNT? Was that Ryan's thing? Seemed to vanish with him :(

#16 Posted by ShaggE (6403 posts) -

Might I suggest the Big Live Live Show Live and the Second Annual Big Live Live Show Live: This Time, We're Doing It Live? (the third one too, but it's sadly a weaker installment)

I've been thinking about rewatching those myself.

#17 Edited by CornBREDX (5050 posts) -

I would also like to add that there is a ton of old live shows they never archived so if you dig through justin.tv or twitch you might find some goodies there too

(note: only the craziest of us do this as a lot of people don't like justin.tv or twitch but that's where a lot of gold is hidden so don't count it out if you're wanting for more stuff)

Edit: @jennibelle ya, they stopped doing it after Ryan passed away. Jeff indicated on his tumblr they wanted to stop doing it anyway, but it was originally a thing Ryan started so I guess his passing was excuse enough to stop doing it all together.

#18 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

Thanks to this thread I went back and clicked on a random QL page/video and instantly laughed my ass off. Can't comment on the rest of the video, but the first 22 seconds of this QL are Ryan gold.

#19 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

My recommendation would be Fear Gauntlet. It was probably my favorite thing happening on the site at that time. Especially when they were playing through Condemned.

#20 Posted by ThePickle (4160 posts) -

Everyone GB fan owes it to themselves to go to the GB twitch page and go through the archive. Tons of cool stuff that hasn't been posted to the site. Weird after hours streams from the Whiskey days and whatnot.

I think my favorite is one of the post-shows to a Starcraft II TNT where Brad and Norm play against each other and Ryan and Vinny commentate. It's even more amazing than it sounds.

#21 Posted by Dixavd (1331 posts) -

Archived content that I think is super hot? ...Well.

#22 Edited by Aegon (5473 posts) -

I did not watch any of the subscriber only Whiskey Media Happy Hours. How will I consume all those hours?

A lot of the Vinny and Dave videos have not been watched. Anyone want to recommend something for me as well?

#23 Posted by HatKing (5876 posts) -

@hatking: Somehow with all the archived content it's almost like Ryan is still around. Nice to be able to watch new things with him in it.

Yeah, exactly. I mean, I've seen all this before. But I definitely don't remember it all. It is almost like he's still around sometimes.

#24 Posted by HatKing (5876 posts) -

@aegon: Go to QLCrew and type in "sim" on the search function. Click play all.

#25 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3158 posts) -

You should go back into the twitch archive and watch some of the holiday live streams they did those were actually quite longer then the one they did this year. From what I remember I don't think the first one (the one with Jeff somber as fuck at the end) they did in the whiskey media office was archived properly on the website and is only available as a twitch stream. I'd also recommend going down the rabbit hole with Jeff and Dave on their trip through Phantasmogoria.

#26 Edited by ThunderSlash (1650 posts) -
#27 Edited by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

I recently rewatched the Mortal Kombat Scrub League on Youtube.

It was great. Highly recommended.

#28 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11592 posts) -

@aegon said:

I did not watch any of the subscriber only Whiskey Media Happy Hours. How will I consume all those hours?

A lot of the Vinny and Dave videos have not been watched. Anyone want to recommend something for me as well?

Here's the thing: much like Unprofessional Fridays now, the Whiskey Media Happy Hours were always hit-or-miss in terms of quality, the difference being that instead of Drew playing some oil drilling submarine flight sim it would be Tony and Sara talking about comic book junk. I can't name the good ones off the top of my head, but I would issue a word of warning to the man who would try to watch them all.

A lot of my recommendations to the original poster apply to you as well I guess: Pretty much all of the Random PC Game videos are worth watching, with special mention towards Police Quest SWAT and Phantasmagoria; the latter of which I consider to be one of the best pieces of video content on the site. Oh right, also the video they did when Wikipedia was down and they gave bullshit answers to people who called in. That's pretty amazing.

#29 Posted by HatKing (5876 posts) -

@thunderslash: I just rewatched those a few weeks ago! I am in love with that run of videos. It got me in such a Doom mood that I started drawing Cacodemons on everything and made a bunch of images of them for my boss' screensaver at work. Then I went and wrapped up the first Doom on XBLA. I almost bought that re-release of Doom 3 even. Almost. I mean, I'm not insane.

I'm really glad that other people are revisiting this old content too!

#30 Posted by Aegon (5473 posts) -
#31 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7074 posts) -

The Phantasmagoria playthrough was really a magical thing. As were the Endurance Runs.

#32 Edited by Sergio (2080 posts) -

I'd recommend watching last year's GOTY videos. Here's the first one.

Edit: I could have sworn there was a thread with "required" viewing of some of the funnier bits.

Edit 2: Also watch this.

#33 Posted by LucidDreams117 (392 posts) -

Not that old, but Load Our Last Souls is fucking awesome!!

Endurance runs are great. My personal favourite is Persona 4. Umm, Bioforge is pure gold.

I love both of the Cards Against Humanity ones. Hearing and seeing Ryan laugh is nothing but joy. Brings a smile to my face whenever is see/hear him again.

Random PC games are excellent choices. Lots of laughs to be had.

#34 Posted by Quantris (247 posts) -

Fortune Street was pretty great overall

#35 Edited by Milkman (16619 posts) -

Well...if you want something "super hot"...

#36 Posted by Danteveli (1173 posts) -

bioforge was pretty cool

#37 Posted by LucidDreams117 (392 posts) -

@quantris: yes! Fortune Street was awesome!! Thanks for the reminder.

#38 Posted by SquirrelGOD (501 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@truthtellah said:

Game Room.

Hah! I still remember playing Just Cause 2 and listening to the Bombcast when Game Room was announced. Jeff just sounded so damn optimistic and excited about what it could eventually become. And people still wonder why he can seem cynical sometimes.

#39 Edited by Dethfish (3638 posts) -

These are some of my favorites that I could remember off the top of my head. They should keep you busy for a while.

Random PC Game: The Ripper

Random PC Game: Burn: Cycle

Cards Against Humanity TNT (with Star Trek Online) and CAH TNT 2 (with Brad Muir)

Fortune Street TNT Part 1 and Part 2

TNT SNES Edition Part 1 and Part 2

Holiday Nostalgiafest Part 1 and Part 2

SNES Party Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3

Bioforge Playthrough Part 0 (Unprofessional Fridays segment, 29 minutes in) - Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3

The End of the Matrix Online Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Finale

Unarchived End of 2010 stream Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3

I know there are (or were) more older unarchived streams on youtube, like the xboxcalypse stream, but I couldn't find them right now.

And here's a playlist of the best of giant bomb by @turboman. It's a great way to relive the older quicklooks without actually going through and watching them all.

#40 Posted by zEyePawdz (45 posts) -

Don't shake the baby. That is all.

#41 Posted by Korwin (2837 posts) -

I hope some of the old features make a come back in 2014. Random PC game and Quick Look Throw Back are missed.

#42 Posted by Fattony12000 (7270 posts) -
#43 Posted by bigjeffrey (4910 posts) -
#44 Posted by Datajack (93 posts) -

@jennibelle: On a side note I would suggest keeping an eye on any data caps you may happen to have through your ISP, last thing you'll want is anything sneaking up on ya if you marathon a lot of video content from here. All of it well worth it, but just keep it in mind if you have the crappy luck of having those kind of restrictions in place.

#45 Edited by mems1224 (208 posts) -

The Cards Against Humanity TNT with Brad Muir was hilarious.

#46 Posted by Trilogy (2648 posts) -

I highly recommend the Phantasmagoria two parter Vinny and Dave did. I hope get Dave back in one day and sit him down with Vinny to do Phantasmagoria 2. "Random PC Game: Ripper" is also a fan-fucking-tastic video.

Basically any FMV content they do is magical and highly recommended.

#47 Posted by Vuud (1948 posts) -

Breaking Brad Doom 2. It's worth it just to hear Brad Muir's analysis of the Pain Elemental's "Buff little dude arms" and counting sphincters.

I do not envy Brad playing Doom with a controller. Woof!

#48 Posted by Superkenon (1409 posts) -

I'm all up in the GOTY spirit, so I've been watching old videos and listening to old podcasts lately. Even made this thread just so I could have a place to easily get to all of it.

Also watched through the Persona 4 Endurance Run again recently...

#49 Edited by slyspider (1189 posts) -

The Endurance run. The persona 4 Endurance run. That is all you need

#50 Posted by joshwent (2157 posts) -

Somehow with all the archived content it's almost like Ryan is still around. Nice to be able to watch new things with him in it.

Something that's easy to miss if you've never seen 'em before was Ryan's "This Aint No Game" series where he reviewed video game movies. If you mouse over "Videos" at the top of the page and click TANG... you'll open the door to a good hour or so of that Jolly man loving to hate some of the worst things ever put on film.

Enjoy!