Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Cwaff

Hey there :)

As well as all the new releases I like to play some older games to pass the time as well. Are there any that still manage to have kept their awesomeness over the years which are still worth playing?
Older games which I have enjoyed include, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Link to the Past etc.

Thanks

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By roushimsx

Some highlights of games that I've played through in the past year or so and found them to be every bit as awesome today as they were back when they came out:

• Blood  - though the final episode drops sharply in quality, the Cryptic Passage expansion is fucking excellent
  • Doom - the fourth episode in Ultimate Doom kind of blows, though
  • Drakan: Order of the Flame - Excellent action/adventure title hobbled by some stability issues. Still plays great and you'll probably wind up mowing through it over the course of a long, lazy sunday afternoon.
  • Duke Nukem 3D - PC version; every other version has drawbacks that deter from the awesomeness. Check out Duke Caribbean as well
  • Duke Nukem: Zero Hour - Ok, so this game bites on N64 because of the framerate, control, and save system. Play it via an emulator w/ a mouse and keyboard and with save states and you've instantly flipped a frustratingly flawed third person shooter into an awesome extension of the Duke Nukem universe.
  • Fallout - So many options but never feels like you're "doing it wrong". LOVE the combat system.
  • Phantasy Star IV - Easily one of the greatest 16-bit RPGs. Its sole drawback is that the spell names can be a bit tricky to figure out, so you may want to briefly reference a FAQ on those.
  • Radia Senki: Reimeihen - Way advanced for its time RPG that feels like a mix of Chrono Trigger and Star Ocean.
  • Snatcher - SegaCD version; awesome point and click adventure game that liberly rips from Blade Runner, Terminator, and many other major scifi sources. Neater than beans.
  • Ys Book I & II - Duo version (available on Wii). Fast paced, great music, addictive combat system.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Systech
  • EarthBound
  • Pokemon Yellow
  • Fallout 2
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By kush
  • Deus Ex
  • SimTower
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • etc, etc, etc
Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Cwaff

Thanks for the suggestions :)

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Dalai

Here's my contribution.

• Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Mega Man 1-6
  • Super Metroid
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Earthbound
  • Maniac Mansion
  • Tecmo Super Bowl

Timeless.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Snail

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Super Metroid
Earthbound
Paper Mario
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic Adventure.
Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By MachoFantastico

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars.
Age of Empires.