• 103 results
#1 Posted by TechHits (1366 posts) -
#2 Posted by TechHits (1366 posts) -

what do you think? 

#3 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

Love it.

#4 Edited by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Not that much of a difference, really. 

EDIT: You know I'm gonna change that. The drop down menus load instantly, whereas they could be really slow before. Great job, TOP MEN.

#5 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

I've got a few issues with it, but overall I don't really care.

#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@CrazyChris said:
" Love it. "

agreed 
#7 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

I think I do like it better.

#8 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Sure it's a bit sexier, staying with yesterday's Happy Hour theme, but there's not really much new for me to say it's for better or worse.

#9 Posted by Xolare (1273 posts) -

I really love the fact that the pop-up menus are bigger so I don't keep moving  my mouse off of them.

#10 Posted by IBurningStar (2160 posts) -

Eh, it really isn't that big of a change. Its not like they pulled a Kotaku and changed an OK layout to a total ass one.

#11 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Top seems a little cluttered; I practically have to touch the edge of my monitor in order to access the forums. I appreciate them trying to use as much screen space as possible, but some room at the right edge would be nice. 

#12 Posted by ThePickle (4153 posts) -

Absolute trash. 

#13 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

meh

#14 Edited by mnzy (2911 posts) -

Not that different. The "layout" is actually pretty much the same isn't it?

#15 Posted by CaptainObvious (2993 posts) -

It's great.

#16 Posted by Turambar (6675 posts) -

I'm not a fan, but I don't care all that much either.

#17 Posted by Protome (346 posts) -

I feel like there is still too much empty space between the header bar and the start of the page proper, but other than that I really like it.

#18 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -

I do like it. Looks nice and fresh.

#19 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

I don't think it flows together with the logo as well as the old one, but other than that it's good.  

#20 Posted by ajamafalous (11845 posts) -
@HandsomeDevil said:
" Absolute trash.  "
This.

It's bulky, there's too much empty space surrounding the red bar, the red bar no longer extends under the logo making the logo look out of place, and for fuck's sake, the popup menus load instantly so any time my mouse goes ANYWHERE NEAR THEM I get ridiculous popups.
#21 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

I think it looks damn sexy.

#22 Posted by Colin (707 posts) -

I was like HOLY SHIT WHATS GOING ON then I was like ok, this isn't bad.

#23 Posted by BeachThunder (11689 posts) -

The top part seems a bit too spaced out, the logo doesn't quite reach across to the left of the screen and for some reason I have about 10 pixels of horizontal scrolling =/ And I can't say that the white-theme gradient background exactly looks good. Overall, I don't see a reason for the change other than being a very strange April Fools' joke. And you would think that if this were real and not a weird April Fools joke, they would at least test it out on one of the smaller sites first in order to find any issues before releasing it on Giant Bomb...

Anyway, the wiki editing seems to be running a lot smoother, so that's a positive.

#24 Posted by Vital (162 posts) -

The new layout is awesome, except for the scrolling issue. 

#25 Posted by PenguinDust (12450 posts) -

I like it.  It's really not all that different from the previous one, so I don't understand the complaints.  Aesthetically, it's okay and everything functions as well as the old one, so I've got nothing bad to say.  

#26 Posted by Empirepaintball (1390 posts) -

It's better only because it's new

#27 Posted by Badhands (399 posts) -

When I first saw it I did what I have done every time they changed facebook for the last 5 years, I get outraged and say it sucks then realize its better and forget about the old one.

#28 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

Yes, I like it.

While there are some flaws that need to be ironed out with it, I am happy with it overall. When I'm editing the Wiki I've started to find the text boxes do not expand automatically, giving me a scroll bar to skim through the text. Whether it's intended or not, I don't really mind. I'm happy with it either way. The design might have been a little weird at the start with the random fonts that were appearing, but overall, I'm impressed with the new design.

I don't feel the new design is too bulky or that it uses up an excessive amount of space, even with a resolution of 1280x800. The site looks more modern with this new design, and that's one of the reasons I find it massively appealing to use. Giant Bomb doesn't look to be similar to the competition. It looks ahead of them... and that's how it should look.

#29 Edited by crusader8463 (14413 posts) -

D: It looks the same to me.  

I still don't get why everyone is running around screaming like it's some revolutionary redesign. It looks exactly the same to me, they just re arranged a couple things. 

EDIT: Also, I miss having the top bar scroll down the page with me. I want that back.

#30 Posted by timmysprinkles (75 posts) -
@CrazyChris said:
" Love it. "
#31 Posted by fei0x (111 posts) -

too much grey

#32 Posted by StarvingGamer (7991 posts) -

Only thing that bums me out is it makes the site run a clip slower on my work computer. Otherwise I don't really care.

#33 Posted by fitzoperfecto (22 posts) -

Vast improvement that needs some tweaking.  The pop-up menus could be clicks to initiate.

#34 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

It's cool

#35 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

It's really slick, and brings it in line with the style of the mobile site as well, so there's more parity going on. 

#36 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

I like the new one a lot more, but I still feel like the rest of the site needs a redesign. 

#37 Posted by CitizenKane (10502 posts) -

The new drop down menus are sexy, but I'm still not too sure about everything else.

#38 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

I think I prefer but as mentioned it needs tweaks the logo looks odd, and especially in the news section, I'm not sure if it's always been like that, but the empty space either side is huge, and I'm only on a 22" monitor, I imagine any bigger and it'd look worse.

#39 Posted by Nephrahim (1118 posts) -

Not a fan.

#40 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10468 posts) -

It's okay. I still like the older one better, but some stuff like the search is better. 

#41 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1836 posts) -

I hate it because I hate new things. I can't justify it beyond that.

#42 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2682 posts) -

Wasted space below the bar, otherwise it's great.

#43 Edited by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

ok, but really slows down page scrolling at the top.

#44 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

The reply button for me isn't properly rounded, it has bits of white or grey at the corners. Which really bugs me. But I like the look a lot.

#45 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

Looks pretty sweet.

#46 Posted by CaptainCody (1505 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
" @HandsomeDevil said:
" Absolute trash.  "
This.

It's bulky, there's too much empty space surrounding the red bar, the red bar no longer extends under the logo making the logo look out of place, and for fuck's sake, the popup menus load instantly so any time my mouse goes ANYWHERE NEAR THEM I get ridiculous popups. "

Yeah I agree with most of this, along with I DON'T LIKE CHANGE.
#47 Posted by Vager (1653 posts) -

I like it. Whatever personal issues I had with it, I fixed them myself.

#48 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

The only thing I don't like is when it shows who posted a video, it's in all caps.  VIDEO POSTED BY VINNY.  It's not that big of an issue, but it bugs me.

#49 Posted by MiamiRedHawks (914 posts) -

I'm a fan.

#50 Edited by jozzy (2041 posts) -

The top menu looks so typical generic corporate website now. I agree about the popups and especially search looking better.