#1 Posted by drkscyde (63 posts) -

Starting to look tempting due to the compatibility with the PS4 and Sony's push to add value to the system (crossbuy/play , etc). How do the vita versions of PSN games (divekick, hotline miami) play?

#2 Posted by mosespippy (4101 posts) -

Divekick and Limbo play exactly like their console counterparts. In fact, Divekick plays better on Vita unless you have a fight stick for your PS3. I never played the previous versions of Spelunky but the Vita version seems great. Doesn't feel slow or inferior or broken in any way. The PS1 stuff is fine too. You can map the R2/L2, and R3/L3 buttons to the 4 quadrants of the touch pad.

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (18939 posts) -

Just got my Vita on Wed. and I'm liking it so far.

#4 Posted by drkscyde (63 posts) -

@mosespippy: Thanks. The price cut makes it tempting. The memory card issue is still a drag.

#5 Edited by fisk0 (3986 posts) -

Divekick is great on the Vita, it lets you map every button exactly how you want, and do ridiculous things such as playing two players against each others on the same machine, though it currently seems to have some issues with online matchmaking, I found the Hotline Miami port to be great as well, the only thing that bugs me about it is that it uses the front touch screen for a lot of stuff, but has no option to use the back touch, having to obscure the view with my fingers when I want to scroll around is a bit annoying, but it plays and looks great. I also just bought Spelunky yesterday, and the Vita port of that seems fantastic so far as well (as is the Vita port of Dragon's Crown). It's a great way to play PSP games too, and I hope they'll in time add support for the PS2 Classics titles that are available on PSN. I am a bit wary about the remote play feature they've announced for Vita/PS4 though, considering they promised the same thing for PS3/PSP and PS3/Vita, and to date only about 2 or 3 games and emulated PlayStation 1 games support that, so I'm not so sure they'll actually get more games to support it this time around.

#6 Posted by fisk0 (3986 posts) -

@drkscyde said:

@mosespippy: Thanks. The price cut makes it tempting. The memory card issue is still a drag.

Yeah, the memory card stuff is annoying. Ridiculous prices for ridulously small cards. The largest one they sell is 32 GB, and if you mostly buy digitally and are a subscriber of PS+, 32 GB won't last more than a few days.

#7 Posted by mosespippy (4101 posts) -

@fisk0 said:

@drkscyde said:

Yeah, the memory card stuff is annoying. Ridiculous prices for ridulously small cards. The largest one they sell is 32 GB, and if you mostly buy digitally and are a subscriber of PS+, 32 GB won't last more than a few days.

I haven't had a problem with memory cards at all. I bought a 16GB card. I have 7.5GB left and have the following games on it:

• Lumines: Electronic Symphony
  • 10X8
  • Limbo
  • Resident Evil 2
  • Dokuro
  • Where Is My Heart?
  • Rayman Origins
  • Divekick
  • Uncharted Golden Abyss
  • Picbox
  • and Motorstorm RC

Plus I have Persona 4 Golden on the cartridge, so I have way more opioins than I need for on the go gaming (or laying in bed gaming).

#8 Posted by mosespippy (4101 posts) -

@fisk0 said:

@drkscyde said:

I haven't had a problem with memory cards at all. I bought a 16GB card. I have 7.5GB left and have the following games on it:

• Lumines: Electronic Symphony
  • 10X8
  • Limbo
  • Resident Evil 2
  • Dokuro
  • Where Is My Heart?
  • Rayman Origins
  • Divekick
  • Uncharted Golden Abyss
  • Picbox
  • and Motorstorm RC

Plus I have Persona 4 Golden on the cartridge, so I have way more opioins than I need for on the go gaming (or laying in bed gaming).

#9 Edited by thatdutchguy (1271 posts) -

The only reason i would buy a Vita is to play PS1 games on it like Silent Hill.