• 51 results
#1 Posted by theredcoat24 (218 posts) -

(don't worry the story is a set up for my question.)

Earlier this week I received Alan Wake for the 360 from GameFly, that night (forgot when) I put it in intending to play a few episodes and then sleep, but I honestly could not stop playing, even after I promised myself I would sleep I would keep play, long story short it too me till 3 A.M and I finished that game in one play through. 

My questions for you guys is have your played a game and beat it in one play though not because you had too, but because you wanted to?

#2 Posted by Hamst3r (4342 posts) -

1. Portal.
2. Bioshock.

I think that's it.

#3 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -

No, i can't play video games for more than hour at a time. It started as paranoia thinking my 360 would blow up if i played it for to long, but know i just can't do it no matter how good the game is. 

#4 Edited by Atlantus_Air (187 posts) -

I got Modern Warfare 2 at 2 AM and played through the entire thing by 6:00. Length (4 hours) severely disappointed me.

#5 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

Portal and COD4 come to mind.

#6 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

I played through all the content of Oblivion in one sitting.

#7 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Gears of War 2 and Halo 3: ODST.

#8 Posted by BeachThunder (11262 posts) -

I very much try not to finish games in one sitting; if I feel like I can finish something in one sitting, I usually turn it off.

#9 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I beat Heavy Rain on launch day
MGS IV was two marathon sessions, with 6 hours of sleep inbetween. 
Me and a friend used to do co-op marathons: ResE5, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, GoW2, Resistance, Halo 3 (we were to drunk to finish Army of Two in one go)

There have been some smaller games (costume quest comes to mind) that I did this with, but that is about the extent of my epic playthroughs.

Also, I just ordered a copy of Alan Wake, so I'm hoping that I enjoy that as much as you did.

#10 Posted by Dtat (1621 posts) -

I played through Mass Effect in one sitting. It wasn't my first playthrough though. Just a speed run to have a completed file to carry over to ME2.

#11 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

Fable, a few months ago. That game is legitimately pretty good without Peter Molyneuxs over hype in the back of your brain.

#12 Posted by AjayRaz (12389 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
" I very much try not to finish games in one sitting; if I feel like I can finish something in one sitting, I usually turn it off. "
same here.  

i don't think i've beaten any game in one sitting on my first play through, but 007 Goldeneye was a game i could beat in one sitting over and over after a while. 
#13 Posted by Redbullet685 (5980 posts) -

Beatles: Rock Band twice if that counts.

#14 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Portal and Resident Evil 5 are the only two and the second one was just grinding for co-op themed achievements.

#15 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@Haru48 said:
" Fable, a few months ago. That game is legitimately pretty good without Peter Molyneuxs over hype in the back of your brain. "
Shit, not alot of side quests then?
#16 Posted by kittencake (99 posts) -

Ahem, Deathspank. That was a good few hours.

#17 Posted by HistoryInRust (6215 posts) -

A friend and I did it with Halo 3 on Legendary the night it came out. But I, personally, haven't done fallen to that level of insanity since then. Not for a retail disc game, at least. (I can and have beat Limbo in, like, an hour.) 

That same friend played through Modern Warfare 2 in one go. I sat and watched him while writing some wiki articles. So I guess that sort of counts.

#18 Edited by Adamsons (877 posts) -

Most recently - Starcraft 2s campaign.

#19 Posted by Gamer_152 (13970 posts) -

I much prefer to play my video games in moderation, it gives me more time to soak in the experience. I beat Batman: Arkham Asylum in what was essentially two sittings in one night though (I had to leave for dinner and then came back), and that was awesome.

#20 Posted by Meltac (1901 posts) -

Portal and God of War, but I'm sure there is some XBLA titles I also did it with. 

#21 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

I remember staying up till 4 am playing Lord of the Rings the Two Towers with a couple of my friends. Recently I spent about 8 hours playing Fallout New Vegas. I think I'm about 25 hours into the game.

#22 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5120 posts) -

COD4 and WaW, MW2, and Portal.

#23 Posted by jelekeloy (456 posts) -

I'm pretty sure I beat Halo 3 co-op at a friend's house once.  Generally, if games change too much at once or stay the same for too long, I just put them down for a little while.

#24 Posted by emem (1955 posts) -
Portal,  HL2: Episode 1&2.. three Valve games, weird. World of Goo and Braid.. it took me about 2 hours to figure out that I can jump on my own head-that's when I realised I am really not smart at all.;)

@MordeaniisChaos
said:
" I played through all the content of Oblivion in one sitting. "
Seriously? 
#25 Posted by X19 (2304 posts) -

Killzone 2 on Veteran... never again.

#26 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (4851 posts) -

MGS4 at a friends house, although he skipped the majority of the cutscenes and had me explain what happened in those cutscenes. 

MGS1 I can beat in 4-5 hours. 
Spider-Man 3 on PS2 because it was 4 hours and was expecting much more and was even looking for a good stopping point.  I only spent $20 on it technically since I got $30 trade in credit the next week.  I wish I didn't even get it. 

Now I keep myself from doing that so my headaches will stop and cause I want my games to last.

#27 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

God of War 3 
Portal 
Batman Arkham Asylum 
Resident Evil 5 
Alan Wake 
Max Payne 2 
The Force Unleashed 1 
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker 
Metal Gear Solid 4 

thats all that comes to mind right now. 
#28 Posted by theredcoat24 (218 posts) -

Forgot one.. but I don't know if this really counts Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, though I'm sure there's another.

#29 Posted by iam3green (14388 posts) -

a lot of older games like last generation. now i don't know if it is me growing up or not like short single player games. i do enjoy playing games. i get a little bored playing games for a long time. i think it is because i can't concentrate on a game for a while.

#30 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4480 posts) -

MGS2 a ton of times, I used to just play through that game nearly every day!

Costume Quest, Heavy Rain, also.

#31 Posted by ESREVER (2574 posts) -

I'm pretty sure I played through Shank in one sitting.  Mirror's Edge as well as Portal.
Maybe the Uncharted series on Crushing. 
I think Gears of War 1&2.
Call of Duty 2 and 3 on veteran for the 360 and PS3.
Oh, and Killzone 2 on Elite. Man was that fun and hectic.

#32 Posted by Jrad (618 posts) -

I rent games a lot (haven't bought a game in over year, I think), so finishing them in one sitting is second-nature. Mass Effect, Heavy Rain,  pretty much every FPS/TPS, I even tried to beat Persona 4 in one sitting. I made it to the 55 hour point but had underestimated how long it would take and had to leave for school. With games like Assassin's Creed and Mirror's Edge, you're all but expected to finish them in one sitting.

#33 Edited by Ghostiet (5153 posts) -

Planescape: Torment. It took me around two days.

Yes, I was this fucking pumped.

#34 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
  This is the one that I remember the most because when I finished it I was like "Wtf, it's over already?" 

Totally underrated game btw.
#35 Posted by ShockD (2381 posts) -

No, never. I can't play for more than 1 hour straight.

#36 Edited by zyn (2591 posts) -

Edit: Sorry, didn't read OP.  Just read the title.

Recently, I played Halo: Reach in one sitting.

#37 Posted by seitanic (99 posts) -

Ico.

#38 Posted by Video_Game_King (34596 posts) -

I think several, but the only ones I remember were Katamari Damacy and almost Sonic 3.

#39 Posted by pureguava (70 posts) -

I am waaayy too ADD to play-through in one sitting, even if the game is incredible. I can get about 50% of the way on a game like that, though. 

I remember many nights when I was a kid, when my best friend and I would make these pseudo pacts to beat X game before dawn. I don't remember if we finished it but we got pretty close with FF1, and Link to the Past.

#40 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2452 posts) -

I tend to draw out my playing experiences as much as possible, unless I'm really not enjoying the game. I really like to explore the worlds I'm presented with as much as possible before being boxed out by the narrative.

#41 Posted by Kiro (288 posts) -

Resident evil Remake for the GC and Resident evil 5 coop when it came out.

#42 Posted by Jadeskye (4359 posts) -

More then i could ever possibly remember or type.

#43 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5750 posts) -

None that I can think of, though I'm sure I've done it at least once.

#44 Posted by NikoAlexander57 (359 posts) -

Portal 
The Force Unleashed 
All of the L4D1 campaigns 
Batman Begins 

That's all I can think of right now.

#45 Edited by DarkFury (367 posts) -

Most recent was Medal of Honor.

Surely its called 'Single Session/Single Sitting' rather than 'One Playthrough', playthrough kinda means playing through it all, not necessarily all at one time.

#46 Posted by Robiin (292 posts) -

Played through Mass Effect (1) two times in two days, one was in one sitting. Tried to get the difficulty achievements. Both times I failed.. didn't "save my setting", which I didn't realize you needed to. But it's an amazing game, have beaten it like five times. One day soon I will complete both difficulty achievements, for real. The game only has one boring part (the ice planet. where you find Liaras mother), but it isn't a large part of the game, and it doesn't take long to complete once you know what to do.

#47 Posted by Aas (600 posts) -
@MordeaniisChaos said:
" I played through all the content of Oblivion in one sitting. "
What?
#48 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -
@nintendoeats said:
" @Haru48 said:
" Fable, a few months ago. That game is legitimately pretty good without Peter Molyneuxs over hype in the back of your brain. "
Shit, not alot of side quests then? "
14 Hours. It was a long session.
#49 Posted by CoheedFavorHouse (670 posts) -

ive done most of the halo games in co-op 
played spiderman: shattered dimensions for review, stopped to eat dinner, that's it. 

i think i did like the last 9 hours of assassin's creed 2 in one sitting, from like 1am on New Years till 10 when I had to leave for a family christmas. 

off topic though, i was planning on starting alan wake today. but if its that gripping, i might want to wait until i have a bit more time.

#50 Posted by Management (596 posts) -

Uncharted 2 
Modern Warfare 2 
Portal 

Worth it with all of them.