one thing troubles me about trophies on giantbomb

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By trophyhunter

and that's how will they be counted because trophies don't have points attached to them and bronze, silver, gold , and platinum are all worth different and never the same amount of XP and there's the level thing its alot more complicated then the 360's stuff 

basically if they count my 1001 trophies as 1001 points that's going to fucking suck, because its worth way way WAY more than that.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

k...

bigx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By bigx14

I'm sure they'll figure something out if they are able to get the info from sony

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_A_Drain

It will probably be the same as the Achievements but without the X/1000 bar, you'll probably have a percentage bar for each game, you'll still have the "rare" "uncommon" etc as a measurement against how many other people have them. It should be ok, the gamerscore field will probably be replaced with the trophy type, gold, silver, platinum etc.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By trophyhunter
@ZombieHunter said:
" k... "
I'll put it this way I have 1001 trophies 3 of them are platinum which are basically I got all 1000 points in the game plus the platinum so that means I have aleast 3000 points 
but heres the the tricky part that 3000 is only like 150 trophies
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By sjschmidt93

Platinum =  4(0000...) Points 
Gold = 3(0000...) Points 
Silver = 2(0000...) Points 
Bronze = 1(0000...) Point(s) 

Not that hard to make their own system.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

I read the OP, but I'm only going to comment on the title... 

The only thing that should trouble anyone about trophies at all is that they are inferior to achievements.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By trophyhunter
@jakob187 said:
" I read the OP, but I'm only going to comment on the title...  The only thing that should trouble anyone about trophies at all is that they are inferior to achievements. "
ok how are they inferior?
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jakob187
@trophyhunter said:
" @jakob187 said:
" I read the OP, but I'm only going to comment on the title...  The only thing that should trouble anyone about trophies at all is that they are inferior to achievements. "
ok how are they inferior? "
The unlock sound isn't nearly as cool.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By trophyhunter
@jakob187 said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @jakob187 said:
The unlock sound isn't nearly as cool. "
now that is just bull I smile every time I hear that ping
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jakob187
@trophyhunter said:
" @jakob187 said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @jakob187 said:
now that is just bull I smile every time I hear that ping "
The trophy ping is like weed.  The achievement sound is like crack cocaine...on crack!  It's a fucking addiction, man!  YOU CAN'T BEAT ADDICTION!!!
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12  Edited By Cube

I have a hard time knowing if jakob187 is just trolling lol. 

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By trophyhunter
@Cube said:

" I have a hard time knowing if jakob187 is just trolling lol.  "

well he is but its more of the light hearted trolling
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By trophyhunter
@jakob187 said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @jakob187 said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @jakob187 said:
The trophy ping is like weed.  The achievement sound is like crack cocaine...on crack!  It's a fucking addiction, man!  YOU CAN'T BEAT ADDICTION!!! "
but 360 noise sounds like a turd plunk 
 trophies have a ping that of brilliant white teeth
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jakob187
@Cube said:
Not trolling, I'm serious.  Achievements are superior to trophies in many ways.  Personally, it's the sound that does it for me.  I don't even really care about the points anymore.  I just want to hear that sound as much as possible.  If I could set it to my fucking ringtone and actually hear it, then I would do that.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cube
@jakob187 said:
" @Cube said:
Not trolling, I'm serious.  Achievements are superior to trophies in many ways.  Personally, it's the sound that does it for me.  I don't even really care about the points anymore.  I just want to hear that sound as much as possible.  If I could set it to my fucking ringtone and actually hear it, then I would do that. "
You say many ways but you only list one. 

They're basically the same thing. You get rewarded for the same thing.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By trophyhunter
@jakob187 said:
" @Cube said:
Not trolling, I'm serious.  Achievements are superior to trophies in many ways.  Personally, it's the sound that does it for me.  I don't even really care about the points anymore.  I just want to hear that sound as much as possible.  If I could set it to my fucking ringtone and actually hear it, then I would do that. "
do you pleasure yourself to that noise hahaha
Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Jensonb

Right...

Well, anyway, as to the OP, I see what you're getting at, but I think it's as simple as not mixing GamerScore and PSN Level. Give the Level and the Points separately. The rarity and totals of Trophies and Achievements themselves can be grouped

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jakob187
@Cube: The sound, the tracking capabilities, the overall gamerscore, the image you get from it unlocking, the dashboard panes that show your achievements, www.xbox360achievements.org, and of course, the fact that you can view achievements on Giant Bomb.  The last one is the most important of them all.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By trophyhunter
@jakob187 said:
" @Cube: The sound, the tracking capabilities, the overall gamerscore, the image you get from it unlocking, the dashboard panes that show your achievements, www.xbox360achievements.org, and of course, the fact that you can view achievements on Giant Bomb.  The last one is the most important of them all. "
but you can do all of that except the giant bomb stuff
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jakob187
@trophyhunter said:
" @jakob187 said:
" @Cube: The sound, the tracking capabilities, the overall gamerscore, the image you get from it unlocking, the dashboard panes that show your achievements, www.xbox360achievements.org, and of course, the fact that you can view achievements on Giant Bomb.  The last one is the most important of them all. "
but you can do all of that except the giant bomb stuff "
Making trophies inferior...and you obviously can't track them well because you're posting a thread about how they would be tracked on Giant Bomb.  o.O  THE PLOT THICKENS!!!
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By trophyhunter
@jakob187 said:

" @trophyhunter said:

" @jakob187 said:
but you can do all of that except the giant bomb stuff "
Making trophies inferior...and you obviously can't track them well because you're posting a thread about how they would be tracked on Giant Bomb.  o.O  THE PLOT THICKENS!!! "
I'm just saying you can do all the  www.xbox360achievements.org stuff on the PlayStation website now, you get the same image you get a overall score and a overall level  
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jakob187
@trophyhunter: Still inferior.  -_-    =  P
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By trophyhunter
@jakob187 said:
" @trophyhunter: Still inferior.  -_-    =  P "
your inferior!
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Suicrat
@trophyhunter: Steam games don't have achievements, so Steam users get an extra 0 points by linking their Steam account to their Giant Bomb account. The same would be true of trophies.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

They'll all have 0 points, like the Steam achievements. Simple. Giant Bomb doesn't do anything with the points anyway, that's really just there for informational purposes. The cool bits giant bomb does with them is rarity calculations and percentage completion stats, and stuff like that.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By Diamond

Yea, they didn't assign arbitrary points to Steam and they probably won't for Trophies.  They shouldn't have assigned points for WoW for that matter.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jakob187
@MattyFTM said:
"The cool bits giant bomb does with them is rarity calculations and percentage completion stats, and stuff like that. "
This is why I quit playing WoW.  I started playing Giant Bomb instead.
Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#29  Edited By Soap

The big draw for me towards trophies is the platinums, it makes it much easier for people to see how many games you have 100% on, rather than them having to search through all your 360 games to find the 1000 or 1250 point games. Instead there is a clear cut number. Thats why I think Trophies are better.

But more on topic, they should just stick to the formula sony has laid out, having a level system showing your level and %. Regardless of if we see it or not, bronze, silver and gold must have some value attached to them for us to be able to have a percentage result for each games completion, otherwise the number would go up an equal amount for a gold as it does a bronze, and we all know thats not how it works.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Suicrat
@Soap said:
" The big draw for me towards trophies is the platinums, it makes it much easier for people to see how many games you have 100% on, rather than them having to search through all your 360 games to find the 1000 or 1250 point games. Instead there is a clear cut number. Thats why I think Trophies are better.  But more on topic, they should just stick to the formula sony has laid out, having a level system showing your level and %. Regardless of if we see it or not, bronze, silver and gold must have some value attached to them for us to be able to have a percentage result for each games completion, otherwise the number would go up an equal amount for a gold as it does a bronze, and we all know thats not how it works. "
The new update for XBox Live shows you on the achievements splash screen the icon for all the games you have 100% on though.

You don't need to go through all your games, you just need to go the achievements section.
Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#31  Edited By Soap
@Suicrat said:
" @Soap said:
" The big draw for me towards trophies is the platinums, it makes it much easier for people to see how many games you have 100% on, rather than them having to search through all your 360 games to find the 1000 or 1250 point games. Instead there is a clear cut number. Thats why I think Trophies are better.  But more on topic, they should just stick to the formula sony has laid out, having a level system showing your level and %. Regardless of if we see it or not, bronze, silver and gold must have some value attached to them for us to be able to have a percentage result for each games completion, otherwise the number would go up an equal amount for a gold as it does a bronze, and we all know thats not how it works. "
The new update for XBox Live shows you on the achievements splash screen the icon for all the games you have 100% on though.  You don't need to go through all your games, you just need to go the achievements section. "
Ahh thanks, I haven't seen much of that new update yet (don't ask... lets just say it includes 3 little red lights) but that sounds better now. Good to see both consoles borrowing from each other for a better over all consumer experience.
JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32  Edited By JamesF
@jakob187 said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @jakob187 said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @jakob187 said:
The trophy ping is like weed.  The achievement sound is like crack cocaine...on crack!  It's a fucking addiction, man!  YOU CAN'T BEAT ADDICTION!!! "
Yeah that's pretty much how I feel when I light up my -- er when I unlock an achievement!
Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By Bigandtasty

I'd say just have the system keep the trophies like 

" 131 TRPH / LV 6 / 530 ACH / 12305 P" for example