#1 Posted by Ravelle (1273 posts) -

I have a butt load of games both digital and on my shelf and want to organize them somwhere, I've been looking online for online databases and organizers and found only a couple like Backloggery, Collectorz etc but those weren't really what I was looking for.

Does anyone have a database of their games, either in an offline database or somewhere stored online?

#2 Posted by Wolfgame (755 posts) -

I think Raptr would let you build a profile around digital/retail games, from steam and consoles, not sure if this would exactly fit your needs, but may be a good place to start.

#3 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1807 posts) -

Darkadia hooks into the giant bomb database and is a pretty cool piece of software.

#4 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (533 posts) -

I just use the GB lists and a Word document, honestly. Are there specific data fields you're wanting to be included, like release date, publisher, genre, etc?

#5 Edited by Ravelle (1273 posts) -

Nothing fancy, categorized by platform, genre and title is more than enough.

@ c0l0nelp0c0rn1 I'll take a look at Darkadia.

Edit: Darkadia seems pretty neat, the automatic cover art grab from Giant Bomb is kind of weird though. Some games don't have box covers on their pages and have small logo's instead. A custom upload would be nice.

#6 Posted by LiquidSaiyan3 (461 posts) -

I wish you could specify releases in Darkadia and get proper box art depending on what version of a game you have. I'd love for more frequent updates to that site.

The only other organization tool I've used is VGCollect. They're a little better with box art, especially with unique releases like limited editions. They also support hardware and accessories, if you're into that.

#7 Edited by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -
@wolfgame said:

I think Raptr would let you build a profile around digital/retail games, from steam and consoles, not sure if this would exactly fit your needs, but may be a good place to start.

Raptr doesn't work with PS4 or XBox One games.

#8 Posted by believer258 (11914 posts) -

I just use an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of what games I have, what platform they're on, and whether or not I've completed them.

#9 Edited by Chemystery (228 posts) -
#10 Posted by white_sox (210 posts) -

Gamespot's old design was simple, but effective. I'm still searching for something like it, but nothing seems to be as good. It's a real shame they changed it in the site redesign.

#11 Edited by GalacticGravy (548 posts) -

Grouvee.com has been pretty good for me. It's like Good Reads for video games, as this video here suggests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV_kyLv9XP8

I also recently posted this for the psychos who are interested in cataloging their games physically