OnLive New gaming Service - US Citizens BETA

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nomadski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nomadski

Dunno if anyone has heard much about this, Ive only found out about it myself. OnLive will enable you to play games anywhere, on your pc, on an entry level Windows PC or Mac regardless of specs, at the highest quality available.

No discs, no installs, and no platform limitations, or exclusives. Think of it as Steam without the installs essentially, but you can pick up and play on any machine, or TV anywhere you are, as long as you have a broadband connection.

The games will be the latest games, not some browser "reimagining" of games like some other services offer. There will be a receiver box you buy for the TV enabling you to play in HD on your sofa, and for PC/Mac users you just download a browser plug in.

The developers claim theres barely any delay in starting a game, they say its "instant". And because the game is running on their servers, platform limitations are irrelevant.

So far some big names are on board, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Take-Two Interactive, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, THQ, Epic Games, Eidos, Atari Interactive and Codemasters so far confirmed.

They are running a BETA program in the summer for you lucky Yanky types (us Euros get left in the dark a little longer as usual lol) so if your interested get signed up for the BETA, Im interested in reading feedback on the service.

Beta Sign Up - http://www.onlive.com/beta_program.html

Site Home Page - http://www.onlive.com/index.html

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Yeah I think most of us had heard, I`m not sure how well this will work, it seems to early for it's time, not everyone will have fast enough internet to support this.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By maxszy

I appreciate you attempting to bring this information to the forefront, but I would suggest searching for similar topics before posting. There's been at least 3 other topics on this now.

Anyway, as Bucketdeth said, I am not sure how this is going to fare. An interesting concept, but I don't think the infrastructure is in place to support this yet. In 10 years, sure but not yet.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BoG

We've had all the topics your could possibly want on this already.