#1 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I just got this e-mail from OnLive.  It actually makes me interested in OnLive if they get a better selection of games.  Seems like it could be a GREAT alternative to GameFly.

What do you duders think?  Better than their current payment plans?  I think so.
#2 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

I have a really strong suspicion that OnLive is going to go the way of the Dreamcast - way ahead of the times and as a result it's going to fail incredibly.

#3 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -
@RsistncE: Probably so, which is why this seems like a better way for them to do business to me.  Since you never actually bought the game (just payed a monthly fee to rent them basically) it would take a lot of hurt out if they do go under.
#4 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

That is probably what OnLive should have been when it launched. Seems like a much better offering with that subscription plan.

#5 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -

onlive seriously is a company that SHOULD be the head of the biggest video game company ever because saeriously they know how to make fans happy

#6 Posted by monkeyroach (175 posts) -
@RsistncE:  how can u say that? Onlive sells games not hardware.
#7 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

As someone who lives in rural Vermont with a mediocre internet connection, I'll never get in to OnLive. It's way too far ahead of it's time - maybe in the future when everything is on fiber it would make more sense, but latency is way too much of an issue now.

#8 Posted by X19 (2304 posts) -

They're definately going in the right direction with this monthly plan.