Operation: Concept Cleanup

Excuberance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Excuberance

It has gone to far, fellow bombers. To far.

The thought of concept pages linking games together was one of the things I was most intrigued by when the site launched, and it worked out great. Now however, it seems as if the concept page are filled up with wiki-pages without any noteworthy text, and with LOTS of games added by points-hungry munchkins...

What needs to be done:

• Adding well-written text bodies to many concept pages. (bad example:3D; good example: Jump)
  • Removing unnecessary games (e.g. the Battlefield games in the Nazi page)
  • Pointing out pages that should be removed
  • Adding new inventive and good concept-pages

A few ground rules:
  • Do not add games to pages unless you are sure the game in question has a relevant connection to the concept. (Rule of thumb: If two games are related by a certain aspect, that aspect should be a concept, and the games should be in it.)
  • Always add text if you know anything about the subject, if it is not good someone else will replace. Something is generally better then nothing.

Feel free to use this thread to flame on bad pages, discuss additions and report changes you have pending.

I am probably going to write a new thing for the 3D and 2D pages, and perhaps cleaning up the Jump-page a little, today or tomorrow, but feel free to beat me to it!
Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Demilich

That will all come with time, good sir.

Excuberance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Excuberance

But soon enough is not soon enough!

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Demilich

Then you better get busy!

Funnily enough, I write up all my articles in Word. I spell check like a madcunt, then a few days later someone edits my article and adds a heap of typos and mistakes.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Endogene

shouldn't we prioritise the games ?

Excuberance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Excuberance
Endogene said:
"shouldn't we prioritise the games ?"

I think the concept pages have been getting way to little (or to much) love lately, and I think the games are doing fine. If I were a first time visitor, the first thing I would do is look up some popular concept pages and right now that gives a bad first impression.

That said, the point of this thread was to coordinate a bit, and bridging the wikis with the forums, which I feel have become to separate.
thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By thebeast

Sounds like a good initiative!
The content of concept pages could possibly be great - there's a lot of potential for information there but they're usually ignored because it takes a bit of research and knowledge to fill them in.
Co-ordinating and discussing all this stuff will probably help define some ground rules too, so people have something to work from when they write their own concept articles.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Demilich

I've seen some pretty retarded concepts. I don't think people grasp the concepts of concept pages.

Excuberance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Excuberance

Thats what this thread is for! (gonna edit the first post, to "lay down some ground rules")

Avatar image for ice_cold_rayman
Ice_Cold_Rayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ice_Cold_Rayman

I've seen more than a few duplicate concept pages, many concepts are not fleshed out. I've been typing out articles for the concepts I have had created, but it will take everyone working together to get information on all of the concept pages. Luckily, that's what this site is all about.