#1 Edited by Mark (78 posts) -

I was wondering what peoples opinions behind hand held colours are? Any specific one that makes a console a must have? Specifically if anyone wants or believes a special Zelda 3ds is going to come out around June 19th? I really would have waited for a DS lite, had I known they were going to release that white zelda one. I recall getting a girlfriend the pokemon DS when that came out and not knowing it was going to happen until a couple days beforehand. Anyone have opinions on or get those sticker skins or even case mods for their consoles? I have only ever had one friend that has done that, and dont want to either send my console away, or take the time and maybe mess it up (I have bad luck!)

I have only ever wanted the Red RE5 Xbox 360, a Zelda DS and a black or coloured wii, but by the time any of them came out I already had the console.
#2 Posted by JJWeatherman (14483 posts) -

I prefer white. I have a white DS Lite and it looks nice. Maybe I'll hold out for a white 3DS.

I'd never put a cheap sticker skin on anything.
#3 Posted by Blair (2471 posts) -

I'd love more choices.  I really dislike the tri-coloured nature of the aqua blue and the black one isn't all that exciting.  Ultimately though, what I want is a more modern redesign, so I think I'll just hold off.  We'll see what happens but I'd be down for a lemon yellow, or just a more unified blue one.

#4 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

I don't pay attention to the color all that much.  I got black for monotony and don't even notice.

#5 Posted by StrawHatLaw13 (166 posts) -

I used to have that thought were the Zelda themed handheld shouldn't play any other game aside from Zelda or otherwise it seems tacky. I got over it.  And seeing that the only console I have right now is that Halo 3 xbox 360 I want my future PS3 and/or WII to not be the standard scheme if possible.  I'm hoping for a Kingdom Hearts PS3.  Whenever that comes out.

Options are fun.
#6 Posted by Daveyo520 (6597 posts) -

I want a red one.

#7 Posted by JoMu (117 posts) -

I don't normally like orange things other than fruit but I remember during E3 there were pictures of an Orange 3DS and that's the one I wanted.

#8 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

I liked it when the gameboys were transparent but I usually go with black

#9 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I'd want a purple one, but black's good too.

#10 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

The more colors the better! I also like the special edition versions as well, between us me and my brothers had the triforce, nes and tribal SP's.

#11 Posted by Khann (2609 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" I prefer white. "
Racist.
#12 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Wood paneling would be ideal.

#13 Posted by TheJollyRajah (1576 posts) -

I second that orange one. It looks retro, and is just awesome looking.
#14 Posted by buft (3298 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" Wood paneling would be ideal. "
Yeah a 2600 themed 3DS would be the shit
#15 Posted by crusader8463 (14306 posts) -

I like when Nintendo does a retro thing and makes their handhelds look like a NES/SNES/Game Boy. Honestly though, I just don't care as long as it's not too bright. Just not a fan of bright colours.

#16 Posted by TheHBK (5407 posts) -

I would want one that looks like the DS Lite white.  I mean, really?  It was hard for people to open it?  I want that slick smooth look when its closed.

#17 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Matte Black. Fucking smudges > :(

#18 Posted by 1337W422102 (996 posts) -
@crusader8463 said:
" I like when Nintendo does a retro thing and makes their handhelds look like a NES/SNES/Game Boy. Honestly though, I just don't care as long as it's not too bright. Just not a fan of bright colours. "
Me too.  The NES SPs were cool.
#19 Posted by choffy21 (1376 posts) -

Matte anything always looks good. I have a white DSi and it's a very handsome system. Anything glossy loses me, including the Wii. I think the 4GB Xbox 360 and PS3 Slim got it right with the matte finishes.

#20 Posted by Tally_Pants (589 posts) -
@JJWeatherman:  I agree, if there was a white one then I would have gotten that one (even though I typically get black electronics). But when the choice is some gay looking blue/teal thing or black... I got black.
And I wasn't going to wait to buy my 3DS just for a different colour and half decent games! I wanna be able to look back and know that i only had one real choice for a color (black) and one real choice for a game (ssf4)
#21 Posted by Patman99 (1543 posts) -
@buft said:
" @ryanwho said:
" Wood paneling would be ideal. "
Yeah a 2600 themed 3DS would be the shit "
And rather then the 3D slider, it will be a colour slider. You slide it down, the top screen goes black and white!!! ok ok, bad idea but I still fully support 2600 themed 3DS. Everything looks better with wood paneling.