Origin has added achievements (finally)

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

^^Title

Now that games like BF3, the Mass Effect trilogy, and more have achievements on PC; will you go back and play them?

I know achievements are kinda goofy, but I do find them to be a fun incentive to replay a game.

What do you guys think?

No Caption Provided

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I think Origin can leap off a cliff and *die*.

Achievements have never been incentives for me to play games so unless EA suddenly starts throwing up (pun intended) some of their old catalog and marking down games to realistic prices I will continue to treat and consider Origin like the virus it is.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

Kind of depends on how they handle the achievements to be honest. The way I see it, achievements inside closed environments (such as Star Craft 2/Diablo 3) and in-game achievements (like the ones in Mass Effect or Guild Wars 2) are pretty pointless. Basically, they're only really meaningful to me when you can congregate them into services like Raptr (and previously giantbomb). So basically, if they put up barriers and make sites like that not able to pull information from the main site I don't really have any interest in it.

Hmm, and I guess if they update the steam versions of the games and also release ME3 on steam I would probably play through them for the steam achievements at least. But that's not gonna happen.