out of PS3 and 360, which seems more like a Games console to you?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Personally, I find the 360 is the one that seems more like a console out of the two. PS3 seems to much like a Bluray palyer first and a Games console second, and that has been reflected with its Complex Archetecture and teh fact that multipalts still dont quit look as good as the 360 version. I dont know, what do you think? I mean, 360s GPU is pretty much known to be better.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Karmum

PS3 is more of a multimedia console than "Blu-Ray first, games second." First off, the console was designed to play games first, and I guarantee you probably 75 percent of the people who own a PS3 don't know what Blu-Ray is, or don't intend on using it as a Blu-Ray player, which is fine, the Blu-Ray portion is an accessory.

However, I see both equal in terms of a "gaming console." Why? Both are gaming consoles. If that makes any sense, at all.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Player1
Karmum said:
"PS3 is more of a multimedia console than "Blu-Ray first, games second." First off, the console was designed to play games first, and I guarantee you probably 75 percent of the people who own a PS3 don't know what Blu-Ray is, or don't intend on using it as a Blu-Ray player, which is fine, the Blu-Ray portion is an accessory.

However, I see both equal in terms of a "gaming console." Why? Both are gaming consoles. If that makes any sense, at all."
I'm sure people know what blu-ray is. Its all over the papers and news. Your right though, most people won't use it as a bluray player at all. 
But ya both are gaming consoles. I don't get you point in saying one is more on a gaming console then yours. 

Thats like saying that the wii is superior to the 360 and ps3 because it doesn't have a dvd player, and relies on games. Which is false. They just didn't put one in there. 
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ravensword

I was speaking more on the part which seems to get the better games adn which are actually designed internally as a games console. 360 was designed to be a asset to devs, PS3s archetecture is a curse. It has Ram bottle encks, the GPU is wekaer, and the multipalt gmaes still look worse on PS3.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ravensword

I find it funny that NPD software numbers say the otherwise. PS3 games really dont sell all that well in the States (atleast in comparison.) which makes me think people are using it as a Bluray palyer instead of a games machine.  

jlaudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By jlaudio7

I can't honestly say since I only own an Xbox 360 (I hope to get a PS3 later this week though)

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By brukaoru

In terms of marketing, the PS3 was marketed more as a "Blu-Ray player" than it was as a game console, in it's first few months upon release at least.

I wouldn't say all multi-platform games on the PS3 look worse. I mean, it's really a case-by-case basis. You can't really judge The Orange Box, a horrible port for the PS3 and then say that all multi-platform look worse on the PS3. Some do, some don't.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

As was said before, most people dont have a clue what Blu Ray is, or dont even have the TV to take advantage of it. They're both consoles, so what the hell makes you think either of them could be "less" of a console? :S

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ravensword

I meant less than a console in the sense of what the public preseves.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By ShadowSkill11

1: Put in a disc and play a game...............PS3/360 "TIE"
2: Come with controllers...........................PS3/360 "TIE"
3: Online gaming.......................................PS3/360 "TIE"... sort off. PS3 has less racist/homophobic/squeaky adolescents

Yeah, they both seem like game consoles to me. That's why I own both of them, a PSP, and a gaming class PC.

Big_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Big_D

I have a PS3. And I play games on it. Therefore it's a game console.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mourne
ShadowSkill11 said:
"PS3 has less racist/homophobic/squeaky adolescents"
That's like saying there are fewer murderers on the Pitcairn Islands than in the United States just because the population is smaller.
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By RandomHero666

I have both and i think this:
360 has a wider variety of games, and mostly better games too.
Ps3 has some good games, nothing to sell the system yet.

Both have their perks and drawbacks.

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KindGalaxy

I play my Xbox 360 for alot more games than I do for my PS3, but the games the PS3 offers; especially PSN games (Last Guy, PixelJunk's games) are must-play games for me at least once a week. PS3 has some really high function games, but Xbox 360 is a shotgun blast to your brain in terms of games quantity and quality.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By kush
Mourne said:
"ShadowSkill11 said:
"PS3 has less racist/homophobic/squeaky adolescents"
That's like saying there are fewer murderers on the Pitcairn Islands than in the United States just because the population is smaller."
Not to mention that I find voice chat not working that well in most games. I remember trying to get everyone's mic working for MGO was one big pain in the ass.

...And I would say that the 360 is more of a console, but I would also attribute this to it's limitations. The PS3 allows for mouse/keyboard support, hard drive swapping (any kind), a web browser etc... While the 360 is really just focused on games and online play. I kind of find it funny that the PS3 allows for mouse/keyboard support, yet everyone still ports RTS games (for the most part) exclusively for the 360. If you solely want to talk about which system the public perceives more as a game console... I would say that the 360 is marketed more as a pure game console than the PS3, but when you are going to sell something for $500 you better give people more than just a thing that plays video games.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

360 most definately, Since the ps3 accounts for 75% of all blu ray sales it seems to be more of a blu ray player.