Outgoing email issues on home PC

friendlypossum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey Guys,

My Brother just rang me and asked me if there is a way to have his laptop automatically choose his email service depending on what wifi he is connected to? To clarify, he uses a 'Telstra' mailing service while at home (I assume his service provider is Telstra) and another one at work. He has explained to me that he has to go into settings and change where his outgoing mail will come from whenever he changes location.

I live a fair way away from him so I can't just go and check, I have no idea what he is on about though. Any ideas? Is he using outlook and changing his address in both locations? How can he make that more streamline?

Oh he is using windows 7 by the way?

Thanks

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

You set your default address within Outlook, I don't think there is anyway to have your default switch automatically.

He could setup two different windows login profiles on his PC and just login under his work profile when he is at work and set that outlook profile to his work email service.

friendlypossum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidavenger: That was what I suggested to him. Thanks man.

friendlypossum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Setup an additional outlook profile, configure one for the telstra/bigpond address and then the other for his work mail account. He should be able to select which profile to use when opening outlook.

comprox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By comprox
@korwin said:

Setup an additional outlook profile, configure one for the telstra/bigpond address and then the other for his work mail account. He should be able to select which profile to use when opening outlook.

This is probably the best answer. Tell him to follow these instructions: https://resellers.fasthosts.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/1656/~/creating-a-new-email-profile-in-windows to setup a 2nd profile. When he launches Outlook, it will ask him which account he wants to use.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@friendlypossum: Moved to Off Topic. Please try to keep all topics in their relevant forums. Thanks!

friendlypossum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sparky_buzzsaw: Apologies, I assumed this was just general discussion. My bad.