#1 Edited by GUNxSPECTRE (21 posts) -

What are some OP strategies that you guys use for any game?

Let's keep it legit, meaning no glitches, cheats, mods or anything.

#2 Edited by DeadeyeMcCoy (251 posts) -

#3 Edited by StarvingGamer (8028 posts) -

Use Orlandu

Delver

Gem Box + Economizer + Ultima

Gunlance and Guard +2 vs. Tigrex

Crouching Strong

Howitzer + anything that locks-on

Knights of the Round

Hedron Link Device + Reclamax + Repurposer + Rocket Courier + Tablet of Time's Dawn

EDIT: I will be impressed if anyone can figure out some of the more obscure references I'm making

#4 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

Health regen on hit.

Basically breaks any game.

Hell health regen in general. I remember enchanting gear in Morrowind with constant effect heal effects, only a few points. yet it basically made me unkillable.

But generally speaking, any ability that lets you get health back for damaging the enemy usually results in being the obvious most useful and over powered move in the game.

#6 Edited by GUNxSPECTRE (21 posts) -

@clonedzero said:

Health regen on hit.

Basically breaks any game.

Hell health regen in general. I remember enchanting gear in Morrowind with constant effect heal effects, only a few points. yet it basically made me unkillable.

But generally speaking, any ability that lets you get health back for damaging the enemy usually results in being the obvious most useful and over powered move in the game.

It kind of reminds me BL's ammo regeneration. Lot of people say that it made the game too easy and although I thought the game was still enjoyable with it, I have to agree. I think it was almost required to have high ammo regen if you wanted to beat Crawmerax the Invincible, unless you had pinpoint accuracy.

#7 Posted by Xymox (2070 posts) -

Hug the left wall.

#8 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Sagat Vanilla SFIV

Akuma in ST

THREAD

#9 Posted by JackSukeru (5906 posts) -

Handcuffs + Vending Machine.

#10 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -
@starvinggamer said:

Howitzer + anything that locks-on

Chromehounds? I was more of a 1 howitzer inside a cluster of 3 cannons on each shoulder myself.

If it's not Chromehounds, it should be.

"Gem Box + Economizer + Ultima" FF 6 if im not mistaken?

"Hedron Link Device + Reclamax + Repurposer + Rocket Courier + Tablet of Time's Dawn" Ascension bullshittery!

#11 Edited by ProfessorK (819 posts) -

"ATTACK FROM BEHIND!"

Maya gives the best advice.

#12 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Snipe everything.

#13 Edited by Capum15 (4820 posts) -

ADMMs. "Garuda One, Drive!"

Also,

@clonedzero said:

Health regen on hit.

I turned into a demigod in Fable 2 with one of the DLC / Expansion things, an Island I think? 3 slot kickass sword, Halo Assault Rifle...I forget what the sockets were exactly, but I know that I ripped enemies to pieces with magic / guns, and if I ever needed health I would just gently tap someone with my sword and literally be at full health. With just one hit.

God, I loved Fable 2. Especially my doggy. Loved the island DLC more for that.

For Mercenaries 2: Nukes. All the nukes. Also tanks / helicopters / Fuel Air Bomb Rocket Launcher.

Mercenaries 1 had like, a portable airstrike gun and a "street sweeper" handheld minigun but I can't remember if that was in a cheat-only crate or if you had to complete stuff.

Victory Cry in Persona 4. Took ages to get the damn thing from Tetrarakarn, but worth it.

#14 Posted by GUNxSPECTRE (21 posts) -
#15 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

Second after stacking health regen, i'd say the next most powerful strategy is the classic Circle Strafe.

Just Circle that mother fucker, keep him turning and he'll never hit you. Hell that shit even works in Dark Souls. Circle Strafe and backstab, almost makes most enemies tedious. Super hard my ass. Circle Strafe and backstab.

The Circle Strafe. Works every time.

#16 Posted by Twinsunian (34 posts) -

In Shogun 2: Oda's Yari Ashigaru.

In TF2, Eyelander in medieval mode. Fun times.

#17 Posted by Nightriff (4917 posts) -

My over powered strategy is not using Bufu on shadows that gain health back from Bufu.

#18 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

I think Gamefaqs is the ultimate answer here though I don't use it particularly often. Being good also.

#19 Posted by Sinusoidal (1299 posts) -

Dual wielded, dual-enchanted (two enchantments per axe) war axes with the Elemental Fury shout (ups attack speed.) Endgame, I could kill anything in a fraction of a second. Which made the final boss fight somewhat lackluster.

The Maliwan Hellfire in Borderlands 1 made the difficulty trivial. My level 26 Hellfire was still effective at level 50.

A Fully powered up Giga Sword in 3D Dot Game Heroes. It's utterly ridiculous. Though it sucks if you're not full health.

Yes, the big gray thing coming out of the blue guy and fading into the distance is the sword.

Saints Row the Third. The upgrade trees mostly end in your being invincible to a specific type of damage, or having infinite amounts of ammo for specific weapons, culminating in your character being a walking tank by the endgame.

And it's cheating, but I have to mention it. I played through Final Fantasy I back in university during the earlier days of emulation (yeah, Nesticle! I'm old) and hacked the save states to give my characters all max stats. Due to the way the original game scaled and calculated things, Chaos - the final boss - ran away from my party. Which counted as a victory. Cue the credits.

#20 Posted by mlarrabee (2887 posts) -

Fully upgraded Black Iron set with Mask of the Child.

All the armor rating of the Giant set but with Fast Roll and no stamina penalty.