• 61 results
#1 Posted by Jeust (10646 posts) -
#2 Edited by Jeust (10646 posts) -

What generally do you enjoy more in gaming?   

For the sake of the poll, co-op is a variety of multiplayer.

For people preferring singleplayer - Do you play multiplayer often? 

For people choosing multiplayer - Do you play singleplayer often?

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (18992 posts) -

Singleplayer for me.

#4 Posted by ESREVER (2691 posts) -

I tend to get the most enjoyment out of Single-Player on all my games. Other people just tend to ruin my gaming experiences, so I mostly stay away from online nowadays. 
I'll try out a game's multiplayer, but not for long.

#5 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

Singleplayer definitely. Multiplayer is ok.......... but there is a but. Playing with my friends in the same room makes fun I have with multiplayer increase exponentially. 

#6 Edited by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

Singleplayer definitely. I used to looove multiplayer, but nowadays the only "multiplayer" I get into is co-op, and even then only with friends. I'm not a very competitive dude, I've only got so much competitive spirit to go around, and with all the Halo, Gears, and Call of Duty I've played over the last several years, I think I've had my fill of multiplayer for a good long while.

#7 Edited by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

Single-player. I love me some multiplayer, especially if it's a shooter, but it's the memorable single-player narratives that really stick with me.

#8 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Singleplayer. 99% of multiplayer in games boils down to the same old modes that were there since Quake, while well crafted story, characters, music etc. are unique.

#9 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

Current Leader - Singleplayer

100% of 11 votes cast. You cast your vote for "Singleplayer".    
#10 Posted by Jeust (10646 posts) -
@Hourai said:
"

100% of 11 votes cast. You cast your vote for "Singleplayer".     "
This is turning out surprising! 
#11 Posted by EVHKwick (452 posts) -
@Jeust said:
" @Hourai said:
"

This is turning out surprising!  "
Really? The amount of adolescents calling me 'bitch' is significantly decreased in singleplayer.
#12 Edited by Jeust (10646 posts) -
@hack745 said:

" @Jeust said:

" @Hourai said:

"

This is turning out surprising!  "
Really? The amount of adolescents calling me 'bitch' is significantly decreased in singleplayer. "
ahaha true, but with so many adepts of games like WoW, Starcraft 2, Halo Reach and Modern Warfare 2, it feels surprising.  

And it launches another question. Why do people generally ask for multiplayer when a game comes out?
#13 Posted by wrathofconn (1462 posts) -
@Jeust: When I get Civ. 5 it's highly likely that I will never play the multiplayer, I don't think that is like the others you mentioned. I generally have more fun and put more hours into the single player portion of a game, unless the game doesn't have much meat there.
#14 Posted by Jeust (10646 posts) -
@wrathofconn said:
" @Jeust: When I get Civ. 5 it's highly likely that I will never play the multiplayer, I don't think that is like the others you mentioned. I generally have more fun and put more hours into the single player portion of a game, unless the game doesn't have much meat there. "
Yes, still one of the main drives of strategy games it is the online, although the Civilization games in singleplayer are generally awesome! 
#15 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

I generally enjoy single-player more, if only for a story or the extra single-player-only elements.  That is not to say that I don't enjoy a good co-op session.  But, generally speaking, I'll play a game offline alone, then bring it online if I liked it enough.

#16 Posted by cnlmullen (900 posts) -

I like single player because after a while I always win! :D

#17 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

For the most part, single player. I always make sure to beat a game before I play it online.

#18 Posted by CrazedMaverick (214 posts) -

I like single player for the story and when I'm in a bad mood I can set it to an easier difficulty and breeze through the ai.
But I've been playing a lot more multiplayer recently cause a lot of my buddies have moved, so it lets us "hang out" for a bit. 

#19 Posted by Shirogane (3573 posts) -

Wow, this went the total opposite of what i thought it would.
#20 Posted by Armaan80142 (12 posts) -

ONLY singleplayer

#21 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -

definitely multiplayer, im surprised by the poll results. singleplayer gets boring so fast imo. i don't really think of it as a game as much if there's nothing competetive about it

#22 Posted by Yummylee (21642 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" Singleplayer for me. "
#23 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

I prefer Single Player, but my friends generally prefer multiplayer. I love being drawn into a story in a game, particularly if it is a well made and well written story. I do play multiplayer a lot with friends though. If I play online I find it's much more fun with friends, because then we can go play Horde in Gears of War 2 or something, without someone whining that you 'stole his kill' and the like. 

#24 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

Singleplayer is most consistently enjoyable for me but when multiplayer is good it's the best there is. But then there's always the asshole factor when you go online...soooo...singleplayer!

#25 Posted by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

Single Player for sure!

#26 Posted by kariyanine (217 posts) -

I love multiplayer in games like Halo, CoD, or Battlefield but for everything else it is pretty much just single player for me.

#27 Posted by Seriousface (8 posts) -

There is so much untapped potential in multi player storytelling, but until the potential is realized I will favor a good single player experience.

#28 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Out of all my 360 games, the only game I play multiplayer in is SSFIV. So it's 95% single player for me. lol 

#29 Posted by laussica (181 posts) -

Co op

#30 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

I always enjoy a good single-player experience over multi-player, though there are some multi-player games which I like often.  I can never truly love multi-player so long as there are stupid people whining and swearing from either text or voice, and I quite miss local multi-player from the days of old.

Am I the only one that misses those glorious, cable-heavy days?  The PS1 multi-tap was the shit I tell ya!

#31 Posted by Hero_Swe (1137 posts) -

Depends really, but I prefer playing with my friends in most cases, whether it's coop or deathmatch. Playing with a group of friends will always be better. Multiplayer it is
#32 Posted by TehFedro (431 posts) -

I'm more of a single-player person myself, if friends are over though, that's different.

#33 Posted by natetodamax (19206 posts) -

Definitely single player. I do enjoy multiplayer (I've been playing Reach non stop ever since I got it) but it brings more frustration than single player does.

#34 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6299 posts) -

Unless it's a game like Modern Warfare 2 where the campaign is essentially filler before the multiplayer then I usually find myself enjoying single player more. I only really play multiplayer if the developers put time and effort into it, and didn't just tack it on at the end for one more bullet point on the back of the box.

#35 Posted by BionicMonster (1032 posts) -

I play multiplayer just as much, if not more than singleplayer.
but I ENJOY single player much more do to the often horrible scourge known as the anonymous collective.

#36 Edited by shadowthrone (57 posts) -

My Ranking (Personal Preference): 
   1)  Co-op campaign - It's always better to play through a campaign with friends, makes the experience that much more fun.
   2) Singleplayer - I love single player but I still would prefer co-op if it's available.
   3) Competitive multiplayer - I generally don't like competitive multiplayer due to the types of people that you run into and because I never find it that fun when jumping in solo.  I do enjoy grouping up with a bunch of friends for competitive multiplayer every once in awhile though.

#37 Posted by reddin (418 posts) -

I usually only play singleplayer. 
The only times I play multiplayer are:

• At LAN parties
  • Co-op with IRL friends
Competitive multiplayer doesn't really interest me unless we're all in the same room, so I can hit them when they're being dicks ;) (e.g. winning..)
#38 Posted by Jeust (10646 posts) -
@Shirogane said:
" Wow, this went the total opposite of what i thought it would. "
Looks like I wasn't the only surprised one. ^^
#39 Posted by OJ (42 posts) -

Co-Op over both, but singleplayer

#40 Posted by captain_awesome (41 posts) -

It depends, I mean single player is really great even though you won't find many of that now a days. Multiplayer however can be just as good it's just a whole other sort of great. I prefer local multiplayer by the way. Some games are just meant to be experienced alone and some are not so for me it depends on the game.

#41 Posted by Jeust (10646 posts) -
@OJ said:
" Co-Op over both, but singleplayer "
Co-op is a version of multi-player. :)
#42 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

Woah! Those results are pretty surprising...

#43 Posted by OJ (42 posts) -
@Jeust
@OJ said:
" Co-Op over both, but singleplayer "
Co-op is a version of multi-player. :)
Ok non competitive multiplayer is my preferred way to game
#44 Posted by ProfessorEss (7371 posts) -

Gotta say, as someone who felt they were in a plummeting minority these days, I'm very surprised by the results thus far.

#45 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Single player; as long as the single player is good at any rate.

#46 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5827 posts) -

I don't buy games like Call of Duty or Battlefield for the single player. 

But normally I prefer a game with a good single player mode.

#47 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

If you'd have asked me that question before I bought a 360, then it would've been sp all the way but now I spend 99% of my gametime online in mp. Not to say I don't still buy sp games and love them, some of my favourite games of all time and my beloved gaming experiences are sp, but I just find it so much more fun nowadays to play against real people.

#48 Posted by Glak (613 posts) -

Jesus, that's a lot of singleplayer
Wasn't sure which category co-op belonged to, so I chose multiplayer
My preferences go this way
Co-op
Singleplayer
Multiplayer
Because everything is more fun with a friend, but I'm also not that competitive in videogames

#49 Posted by uniform (1835 posts) -

Single Player. I enjoy aspects of multiplayer, such as co-op, but I take competitive multiplayer too seriously. I get frustrated when I lose to the majority of other players, and don't have the time to put into these games to get better.

#50 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

There are only a select few games which I play multiplayer , so overall single player.