#1 Edited by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

The staff have been clear that our benefits don't stop with HD videos, emblems, and so on. What do you want them to do? I want more interviews with developers to give us an insight on the development process of a game. Also, just a greater volume of written content.

#2 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

I want the ability to take off the medal from my avatar. I'm a free user at heart and I don't want to feel separated from the free bretheren I stand for.
#3 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@EpicSteve said:
" The staff have been clear that our benefits don't stop with HD videos, emblems, and so on. What do you want them to do? I want more interviews with developers to give us an insight on the development process of a game. "
Since the topic is "Paid members:" does that mean that you want those interviews to be exclusive to the people who paid for a subscription?
#4 Posted by TheLegendofLuke (563 posts) -

Durgers for all. 

#5 Posted by Soapy86 (2621 posts) -

Free FULL Bombcast on day one for EVERYONE is all I want.

#6 Posted by ajamafalous (11995 posts) -

No split Bombcast?

#7 Posted by atomicvoodoo (16 posts) -

Maybe a weekend Throwdown, for people who have to work and can't get home to play on Thursday. 

#8 Posted by Spooty (86 posts) -

Let subscribers choose the next endurance run.

#9 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -
@Soapy86 said:
"Free FULL Bombcast on day one for EVERYONE is all I want. "

Yeah, that too. Even though I'm not much for the bombcast, the fans shouldn't suffer whether free or paid.
#10 Posted by Shuborno (938 posts) -
@Soapy86 said:
" Free FULL Bombcast on day one for EVERYONE is all I want. "
This.  I'm a paid member and even I want a free full Bombcast for all. 

Seriously Giant Bomb, don't fuck with your best piece of content.  Don't change the format and make GB worse rather than better.
#11 Posted by Dogma (961 posts) -

It could be cool if the subscribers could listen live to the podcast being recorded. So...the subs get to hear a uncut and live version of the podcast while readers would still get the whole podcast at once. That could have been a better solution...yes/no?

#12 Posted by AlisterCat (5568 posts) -

I want more things like this Bastion preview. Friday live streams of developers casually playing and talking about their games.

#13 Posted by MightyMayorMike (423 posts) -
@LunarAura said:
" I want the ability to take off the medal from my avatar. I'm a free user at heart and I don't want to feel separated from the free bretheren I stand for. "
I plan to throw down the cash, but I'll say this is something I'd like as well. I do like showing support, but it feels weird to have a medal for it.
#14 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@Soapy86 said:
What this man said. I still cannot imagine why they thought splitting it will be a good idea.
#15 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Bitches.

#16 Posted by AlisterCat (5568 posts) -
@MightyMayorMike said:
" @LunarAura said:
" I want the ability to take off the medal from my avatar. I'm a free user at heart and I don't want to feel separated from the free bretheren I stand for. "
I plan to throw down the cash, but I'll say this is something I'd like as well. I do like showing support, but it feels weird to have a medal for it. "
You're just forcing the separation more. In the end, the medal is just a graphic but the language you are using causes more of a divide than a silly trinket. Please don't be like that.
#17 Posted by CouncilSpectre (329 posts) -

Keep on keeping on.
#18 Posted by Borodin (416 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
" No split Bombcast? "
Yeah this. Also! Maybe less resistance to the idea of doing another endurance run? Last time I remember them specifically mentioning it they basically said "probably not, IF yes, almost definitely not an Atlus game". Now that people are paying I think it would be nice if they were a little more receptive to the idea, especially if enough people want it.
#19 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

More of everything.

#20 Posted by AV_Gamer (616 posts) -

If they really want to give paid members value, how about free beta version of games they're currently looking at. Give the paid members the same access they have. That would be worth the money.

#21 Posted by Rehehelly (414 posts) -

@Shuborno said:

" @Soapy86 said:

This.  I'm a paid member and even I want a free full Bombcast for all.  Seriously Giant Bomb, don't fuck with your best piece of content.  Don't change the format and make GB worse rather than better. "
If they get 5000 subscribers by like tomorrow at 10am, then they'll make it free for all. I agree with that too.. splitting it is lame.

Anyway, I want videos on the behinds the scenes of games development if possible. Not really sure how they'd work that out with the developers but i'd love if there were video features on the development of a game, rather than the game itself. Loved to see how Bastion is being made (although I think i'm finding that out by watching the live stream haha)
#22 Posted by DystopiaX (5310 posts) -

Video of the team recording the bombcast, higher quality video for TNT's, about it.    

#23 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -
@AV_Gamer said:
" If they really want to give paid members value, how about free beta version of games they're currently looking at. Give the paid members the same access they have. That would be worth the money. "
That's most likely impossible.
#24 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@AV_Gamer said:
" If they really want to give paid members value, how about free beta version of games they're currently looking at. Give the paid members the same access they have. That would be worth the money. "
Uh. 

That isn't how it works.
#25 Posted by Helushune (215 posts) -

I want them to keep doing what they're doing.   A lot of us didn't pay to expect something in return.  We paid to support a kickass group of people to keep on kicking ass.

#26 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -
@AlisterCat said:
" @MightyMayorMike said:
" @LunarAura said:
I plan to throw down the cash, but I'll say this is something I'd like as well. I do like showing support, but it feels weird to have a medal for it. "
You're just forcing the separation more. In the end, the medal is just a graphic but the language you are using causes more of a divide than a silly trinket. Please don't be like that. "

There's no separation, it's just preference. 

Fellaters gonna fellate
#27 Posted by Dogma (961 posts) -
@AV_Gamer: Yeah.... that won't happen. Ever. And it's not because of the Giantbomb guys but because of publishers.
#28 Posted by Jayzilla (2562 posts) -

i never thought that there would be something i liked about gamespot more than giantbomb: free podcast. they have a subscription fee and they don't limit anyof that. why can't giantbomb just implement the ad system that they have? if there is a good reason why they don't, then why don't they break the silence about why its such a bad idea to go that route? w/e. i would never pay for FM radio, and i will never pay for any podcast. it's asinine.

#29 Edited by MartinDN (127 posts) -

Nothing - i want giantbomb to be the same as it is, FULL bombcast for everyone, another endurance run PLEASE. But im happy to pay just to keep the site as it is.

#30 Posted by Necrotoxin (141 posts) -

Wills Monkey shoes. 

#31 Posted by Anund (897 posts) -

None of the subscription based content seems really worth anywhere near $50 a year at the moment, I paid to support the site. I don't actually know what I would like. First off, this Bombcast business is silly, they should keep that thing the way it always has been. I'd really prefer if this was more of a donation system, but it'll be interesting to see what they come up with. I guess I really just wanted to support Giant Bomb. I'm still not sure shelling out $50 was all that thought through though.

#32 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

I will happily pay double for everyone to receive free, uncut Bombcast all the time.

#33 Posted by simplicite (23 posts) -
@Dogma said:
" It could be cool if the subscribers could listen live to the podcast being recorded. So...the subs get to hear a uncut and live version of the podcast while readers would still get the whole podcast at once. That could have been a better solution...yes/no? "
@AlisterCat said:
" I want more things like this Bastion preview. Friday live streams of developers casually playing and talking about their games. "
I'm not a subscriber and don't plan on subscribing in the near future, but I like these ideas. Especially what @AlisterCat said, something like that might make me reconsider subscribing.
#34 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -
@MightyMayorMike said:
" @LunarAura said:
#35 Posted by ajamafalous (11995 posts) -
@borodin said:
" @ajamafalous said:
" No split Bombcast? "
Yeah this. Also! Maybe less resistance to the idea of doing another endurance run? Last time I remember them specifically mentioning it they basically said "probably not, IF yes, almost definitely not an Atlus game". Now that people are paying I think it would be nice if they were a little more receptive to the idea, especially if enough people want it. "
You bring up another good point. Previously everyone liked to discredit any complaints the community had with "LOL INTERNETS FEEL SO ENTITLED GROW UP KIDS." Even though that's a fucking dumbass thing to say anyway, how can you continue to say that now that people are paying?
#36 Posted by Wuddel (2092 posts) -
 @LunarAura said:
This. Keep it in the profile. But let me decide on the avatar. 

Yeah. More of content (for all). I would love to see more PC stuff. Specifically also this crazy complicated round based stuff and "spreadsheet battles". GB is currently quite action and somewhat Xbox360 oriented. I would love to see a bit more variety. I know the problems here. Small team. You gotta pick your fights, but still I kinda roll my eyes when I hear the guys in the bombcast shy away from those genres.
#37 Posted by vegetashonor (610 posts) -

I was 2 seconds away from signing up for the year, and then I heard them say the Bombcast would be split...I Immediately decided to halt on the fact that I felt kinda bamboosled. Them holding it back actually prevented me from signing up because I really felt that was wrong. Not everyone has an extra 50 bucks to throw down. I fortunately can If I want, but there are a lot of ppl who maybe cant. IF I decide to pay now, I definately want endurance runs that start right after one ends. Different teams, that tackle different games. Nuff said. Thank you all.

CR HESS, Martinsburg

#38 Posted by UncleBenny (432 posts) -

I would like some way to view the live events on my phone, either a justin.tv viewing app for android or some way to access it through mobile.

oh wait, that's probably a problem on my end.

#39 Posted by TeeQuartz (4 posts) -

I'm paying simply because I want to support the site. New content never really entered into it, and nothing I want the crew to produce should be subscriber exclusive. That's because what I want is more video content, Quick Looks of bad games, and TANG. And more bad food/drink taste tests.

#40 Posted by AlisterCat (5568 posts) -
@AV_Gamer:  They said they don't want to give away games. I imagine that would get too complicated. I wouldn't mind getting a demo of Bastion though. I don't think giant bomb has quite enough pull for that though.
#41 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

Fixed guides

#42 Posted by Dogma (961 posts) -
@simplicite: That will happen as I understand it. The crew bought a lot of equipment for this show today and they have plans of streaming live shows every Friday and as I understand it those will be for subscribers only. I also think that that is a good idea, great value and it seems likely that it will happen.
#43 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -
@EpicSteve said:
" The staff have been clear that our benefits don't stop with HD videos, emblems, and so on."  
 They were clear about other things that they wen't back on, so I wouldn't exactly count on this.
#44 Posted by MartinDN (127 posts) -

Endurance run...Thats what i watch ALL THE TIME when ive got nothing to do, hell i dont care what game it is, jeff/vinny commentary is just amazing. Basically...more GIANTBOMB BITCHES!

#45 Edited by AV_Gamer (616 posts) -

Well since people shamefully think bate access can never happen, for whatever reason, then I don't see the value for paying for something they was given away for free, and that other sites still give for free. 

But that's just one guys opinion. 

#46 Posted by phlegms (1607 posts) -

Entry into contests, ability to d/l game guides into a pdf file or something, exclusive around the office videos. Stuff like that. 
The thing that annoys me most about all the live video shit you get for subscribing is that I'm in Europe so unless they leave it up as a regular video after it streams its worthless to me. 

#47 Edited by Red12b (9084 posts) -

I don't want a buggy site. 
As a paying customer, I now want that more than anything. and I am not going to just say, oh it's all good, 

because it's now a product.

#48 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

A hug from Ryan Davis. 

#49 Posted by core1065 (543 posts) -

I want the option to buy a whiskey media t shirt as a silver member.

#50 Posted by ManMadeGod (1561 posts) -

I would really like to see Jeff bring back his points report videos. Such classics.