#1 Posted by bigdc666 (52 posts) -

Would anyone else pay for this? I love this site and was planning a vacation to southern California next month and thought it would be awsome to see where the action happens. I'd pay 20-50 dollers for a tour of the facilities and a meet and greet with the editors of my favorate websites. I just was wondering if Im a crazy preson for thinking of this or if anyone else thinks that the Whisky Media offices could be a cool tourist attraction.
#2 Posted by TurboMan (7680 posts) -

what is this, a museum?

#3 Posted by litrock (173 posts) -

I think the problem is the time involved. You pay $50 for a tour, maybe an hour? That's an hour where at least one person, and probably more, get nothing done. WM is already pretty busy for their staffing level, I can't imagine having a bunch of people coming in and out would help that at all.

#4 Posted by Droop (1916 posts) -

Nope.

#5 Edited by Sweep (8948 posts) -

Uhm.... to be honest if you sent Dave or Ethan a PM and asked if it would be ok to pop in and say hello they would probably be ok with that, but they would never charge money for it. You also have to remember that it's an office, not a convention centre. Just because they have a bar doesn't mean they are drinking all the time. 

Ok, so maybe they are drinking all the time. 

Anyway, if you really wanted to hang out with snide you could do so right now for free: 

#6 Edited by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

I absolutely love Giant Bomb, but nope.

#7 Posted by Hunkulese (2833 posts) -

It's an office. You can't figure out better ways to spend your money?

#8 Posted by Soap (3631 posts) -

The second the world tour hits the UK I'm going to be all over that venue.

#9 Posted by Niall_Sg1 (362 posts) -

I would imagine the tour would be quite boring. It's an office, people at their computers and playing video games. When they do cool stuff it's on video, that's good enough for me. 

#10 Posted by bigdc666 (52 posts) -
@litrock:

what if it was just  once a month get a group of 20-50 people thats an extra 1500.00 to 2500.00 a month! surley thats worth an hour or two.
#11 Posted by alternate (2719 posts) -
@bigdc666 said:
" @litrock: what if it was just  once a month get a group of 20-50 people thats an extra 1500.00 to 2500.00 a month! surley thats worth an hour or two. "
Not really as it disrupts everyone in the office.  For that money - and for the tour to last more than 5 minutes - they would also have to prepare some kind of presentation too and rope in members of staff.
#12 Posted by TurboMan (7680 posts) -
@bigdc666:  
what would you get out of that? 

"Hey, this is where we film the live show at... and that's cool baby! Here's a green screen, and here's Cool Baby! That concludes the tour of whiskey media's offices. Have a drink and get the eff out."
#13 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

I'd gladly take your money if you're interested. Now I can't take you directly there, but I can drop you off within 1500 miles of the office. It should be close enough for you to walk the rest of the way.

#14 Posted by karatetron (692 posts) -

nawwww. 

#15 Posted by Brendan (7982 posts) -

I never thought I'd become one of those guys, but I find myself thinking more and more that some of you love GB too much.  You've seen the office in videos, it's mostly just a big room with a couple of rows of computers and people working.  Fuck.  

#16 Edited by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

What are dollers? 

Also, that's a stupid idea. If you want to see what it looks like in the office, watch a video.

#17 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Brendan said:
" I never thought I'd become one of those guys, but I find myself thinking more and more that some of you love GB too much.  You've seen the office in videos, it's mostly just a big room with a couple of rows of computers and people working.  Fuck.   "
You're just starting to think this?! I've been saying this for a while.
#19 Posted by animateria (3253 posts) -

Yeah, major disruption on their main work if they did anything stupid like this. 

Unless it's like the Gorilla Glass panel thing and make it a 1-side mirror. 

Let's treat them like Zoo animals.

#20 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
@Brendan said:
" and people working.  "
You must be thinking of some other website.
#21 Posted by Gabriel (4076 posts) -

People on this sight are deviant in the worst way possible. 

#22 Posted by Brendan (7982 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @Brendan said:
" I never thought I'd become one of those guys, but I find myself thinking more and more that some of you love GB too much.  You've seen the office in videos, it's mostly just a big room with a couple of rows of computers and people working.  Fuck.   "
You're just starting to think this?! I've been saying this for a while. "
Actually, replace "thinking" with "saying".  I've thought it for a long time, but only now is it exasperating enough to make me post about it.
#23 Posted by Milkman (17172 posts) -

I think we all pretty much know what the offices look like at this point. What else is there to see?

#24 Posted by Sweep (8948 posts) -
@Soap said:
" The second the world tour hits the UK I'm going to be all over that venue. "
Dude, yes.
#25 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -

I don't understand the desire to go to their offices, it's a workplace. I mean part of the reason I'm at this site is because the guys personalities are great, I imagine spending time at some other event with them would be fun, but while their at work?

#26 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" I think we all pretty much know what the offices look like at this point. What else is there to see? "
What about that one room? The one where those murders took place?
#27 Posted by nick_verissimo (1397 posts) -
Hey maybe this will sate your desire for an office tour! 

#28 Posted by Simulacrum (462 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" @Milkman said:
" I think we all pretty much know what the offices look like at this point. What else is there to see? "
What about that one room? The one where those murders took place? "
And luchadeer's torture chamber!

That's right Giantbomb, I know.
#29 Posted by csl316 (9237 posts) -

They already did a tour.  Right here.

There's not much to see.  A couple rooms, a bar, and a bunch of desks.  Like any old office.

#30 Posted by csl316 (9237 posts) -
@nick_verissimo: Ah, beat me to it.
#31 Posted by KickahaOta (147 posts) -

I can see it now: "Sorry, no paid tours. But here, for a small donation you can stand next to this Makerbot and make wacky faces for a few minutes while we do the mystery build timelapse."

#32 Posted by Jadeskye (4368 posts) -
@Sweep said:
" Uhm.... to be honest if you sent Dave or Ethan a PM and asked if it would be ok to pop in and say hello they would probably be ok with that, but they would never charge money for it. You also have to remember that it's an office, not a convention centre. Just because they have a bar doesn't mean they are drinking all the time. 

Ok, so maybe they are drinking all the time. 

Anyway, if you really wanted to hang out with snide you could do so right now for free: 

"
god damn it, how much is a flight from london to boston, chatting with snider in a bar sounds AWESOME.
#33 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
@KickahaOta said:
"

I can see it now: "Sorry, no paid tours. But here, for a small donation you can stand next to this Makerbot and make wacky faces for a few minutes while we do the mystery build timelapse."

"
I'll take eight!
#34 Posted by Portis (1290 posts) -

As much as I love Whiskey Media, I wouldn't pay for that. Mainly because it seems bothersome -- it's an office and they do work there, as someone else pointed out it isn't a zoo.

#35 Edited by PenguinDust (12600 posts) -
I can think of better things to do in Northern California than tour an office.  It's not like the place is MAD Magazine or anything.  There's an episode of NewsRadio where the station is turned into a historic landmark and Matthew (Andy Dick) led tours through the offices.  He had to make a lot of things up because it's pretty boring otherwise.  VIDEO scene @  2:10
#36 Posted by RecSpec (3904 posts) -
@beej said:
" I don't understand the desire to go to their offices, it's a workplace. I mean part of the reason I'm at this site is because the guys personalities are great, I imagine spending time at some other event with them would be fun, but while their at work? "
Seconded.
#37 Posted by shadyspace (458 posts) -

You want to meet the GB dudes? Get people to sign up so they can kick off the World Tour.

#38 Posted by nickux (1385 posts) -

The problem is that the offices are a place of business and, as much fun as it'd be to see the tour, it's probably not in their best interest to tie up the work day like that.

#39 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

You're going to Southern California? Assuming that means the LA area, the Whiskey Media offices are about 800 miles out of your way.

#40 Posted by RJPelonia (863 posts) -

This doesn't sound like a good idea.

#41 Posted by Fishstick (156 posts) -

National "Bring Your Fans To Work" Day

#42 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

#43 Edited by MHumphreys89 (724 posts) -

Yeah, no; it is a place of work afterall, however, if you turned up with crazy food and booze i'm sure the crew would entertain you for a while.

#44 Posted by CptBedlam (4454 posts) -

Some of you people take your fanboysm too far.

#45 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

Are you the same guy who wanted to pay Jeff to come to your house?

And start a Giant Bomb fan club?

#46 Posted by JJWeatherman (14562 posts) -

It's a place of business, not an attraction. Just wait for the next block party or something.

#47 Posted by SpudBug (632 posts) -

I could see charging a small fee to view them filming the Happy Hour or TNT (would be nice for local multiplayer games)

But other than that nope. And they don't really have a studio audience space to work with.

#48 Posted by YoThatLimp (1931 posts) -
@TurboMan said:
" what is this, a museum? "
This. 

It is a fucking business office, not the air and space museum. 
#49 Posted by BeachThunder (12276 posts) -

;_; why are you people so creepy?

#50 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4847 posts) -

I think this is a little too exhibitionist for them.