#1 Posted by Splodge (1930 posts) -

Just notices it on the upcoming for the 27th. What y'all think this is? Some kind of send off for the V-Dawg? Or is Vinny actually going to just make pizzas for a few hours?

#2 Posted by SgtSphynx (1563 posts) -

Send off probably, that is his last day in the office.

#3 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1212 posts) -

I'm thinking it's a little bit of both.

#4 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5980 posts) -

They talk about it on the most recent podcast. They're apparently going to eat pizza and play some games together to send off Vinny.

#5 Edited by meteora3255 (144 posts) -

Its probably the former although I secretly hope its the latter.

I remember reading/hearing him say that he was going to miss being able to have a group of guys ready at a moment's notice to play co-op/competitive games so I imagine it will just be him getting his fill of Gang Beasts, Sportsfriends, Nidhogg, Samurai Gunn and the like which is fine by me.

#6 Edited by TheHT (11769 posts) -

Pizza and multiplayer games AND VINNY!

#7 Posted by Steadying (1472 posts) -

I'd be fine with a low quality video of Vinny just making pizzas in silence for about 5 hours.

#8 Edited by Splodge (1930 posts) -

Ah very good. Twill be a sad day, but a fun day all the same. I want to see a stripper burst out of a giant pizza, but it's just Brad in a diaper covered in tomato sauce. Now THATS a send off.

#9 Posted by SgtSphynx (1563 posts) -

@meteora3255: There might be some Windjammers in there as well

#10 Posted by Corevi (4807 posts) -

Will it be a premium only thing? If so I might have to begrudgingly renew...

#11 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

He's going to sing the "pizza pie" line from That's Amore for three hours.

#12 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

Jesus Christ, 1986? I never even played this game and the commercial jingle is burned into my brain.

#13 Edited by meteora3255 (144 posts) -

@corruptedevil: While there is always pressure on them to create more Premium content I would think not. Locking what could be the last Vinny content for awhile has to be illegal.

#14 Posted by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

I believe they talked about it briefly on the most recent podcast, basically vinny just wants to play couch multiplayer games with the guys the whole time? Lots of nid-hog and sports friends and stuff like that.

I think at least. There will be pizza too, if not im god damn unsubscribing!

#15 Posted by CornBREDX (5981 posts) -

@hailinel: wow I totally remember that board game and the commercial haha

#16 Posted by Homeslice (571 posts) -

FMV. Gotta have FMV.

So Vinny's heading out to NY, and coming back for E3...? I would've thought that he would try to time the move for right after E3.

#17 Posted by zedman (112 posts) -

will vinny skype in for bombcasts because i don't think it will be the same without him. Vinny adds the much needed comedy and to UPF as well.

In 2014 could we not have Vinny stream in his section live on UPF...

#18 Posted by freakin9 (1171 posts) -

Wait, so you're telling me I finally gave in and purchased a year's sub and Vinny is leaving?

*stares at the skies with his hands on his hips, mouth agast*

#19 Posted by ripelivejam (4837 posts) -

I believe they talked about it briefly on the most recent podcast, basically vinny just wants to play couch multiplayer games with the guys the whole time? Lots of nid-hog and sports friends and stuff like that.

yoru slice will be in the mail in 6-8 weeks -_-

#20 Edited by TheHT (11769 posts) -

@freakin9 said:

Wait, so you're telling me I finally gave in and purchased a year's sub and Vinny is leaving?

Leaving for New York, not leaving the site!

#21 Posted by Gaff (1881 posts) -

It should be Papa Caravella Pizza Party.

#22 Posted by Mister_V (1434 posts) -

@freakin9 said:

He isn't leaving the site. He is moving to New York to open a new Giant Bomb office with Alex.

#23 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1333 posts) -

@mister_v said:

@freakin9 said:

He isn't leaving the site. He is moving to New York to open a new Giant Bomb office with Alex.

I'd expect nothing less than some epic Skyping in of some Vinny action every week once they get their feet up and running, plus way more overall content and all the new content from the NY office has Vinny himself helming it.

#24 Posted by slindz (148 posts) -

Seeing it's Vinny's going party he'll do whatever the fuck he wants aka Windjammers for 5 hours.

#25 Posted by Excast (1039 posts) -

@freakin9 said:

Funny how that sale just happened to take place right before this news hit.

#26 Posted by Excast (1039 posts) -

@djjoejoe said:

@mister_v said:

@freakin9 said:

I'd expect nothing less than some epic Skyping in of some Vinny action every week once they get their feet up and running, plus way more overall content and all the new content from the NY office has Vinny himself helming it.

I think people may be expecting a little much from this move. The guys have had trouble getting funding just to replace the people no longer there. How long do you think it is going to take to buy the equipment needed to create shows and content from a New York office. Also, remember that it's the two of them and they have made clear the new hires are just for San Francisco. Who is going to be the producer for Alex and Vinny content if both are on camera?

#27 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4608 posts) -

Vinny's going to make pizza, only he's going to make the dough like this:

#28 Posted by Xevabis (74 posts) -

Wonder if he's gonna get his pizza with extra cheese, hold the tomato sauce and hold the crust.

#29 Edited by ultraspacemobile (67 posts) -

I wonder if Vinny will finally reveal his true form--

#30 Posted by vorpalparasite (305 posts) -

I would eat at a Papa Vinny's.

They should have a group hug at the end of the stream. I'd be able to swim in my own tears.

#31 Posted by Spoonman671 (4769 posts) -

I bet they're going to kill Vinny, chop him up, and use him as toppings on a pizza they eat. The "Papa Vinny Special". That way, he can never leave us.

Or maybe it's just a farewell pizza party. I give it a 50/50 shot.

#32 Posted by gerrid (383 posts) -

If it's anything like the Extra Life Pizza Hut order then I'm so down. The PZone invasion.

#33 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

This. They had a discussion about it at the end of the Bombcast. There will be pizza, and there will be multiplayer games. And (not guaranteed) Vinny flexing his guns for an hour straight while everyone else stares in silent awe.

#34 Edited by RazielCuts (2986 posts) -

Whenever I see the name it makes me think of this -

#35 Posted by forteexe21 (490 posts) -

Theyre going to order pizza hut for 3 hours.

#36 Posted by Yesiamaduck (1223 posts) -

Thats good news, my favorite content :D

#37 Posted by RockyRaccoon37 (468 posts) -

@excast said:

@freakin9 said:

Funny how that sale just happened to take place right before this news hit.

COLLUSION

#38 Posted by Dalai (7069 posts) -

This could be Vinny's last taste of shitty West Coast pizza before he goes to a coast that actually knows how to make good pizza.

#39 Posted by Splodge (1930 posts) -

@forteexe21 said:

Thats good news, my favorite content :D

Heh you're not wrong. I love when they order food. It's like watching a train very slowly crash into a pile of food.

#40 Posted by Christoffer (1917 posts) -

I think they will quietly eat some pizza they've ordered and then go home.

#41 Posted by _Brojangles_ (19 posts) -

A sendoff from Vinny and on my birthday as well?

I'll try not to cry.

#42 Edited by KaneRobot (1824 posts) -

@freakin9 said:

My brother.

I think they will quietly eat some pizza they've ordered and then go home.

Although I would not be upset one bit if this were accurate.

#43 Edited by Vuud (2035 posts) -

They gotta find some of that east coast giant pizza like this:

I had a slice that was bigger than this when I was in Washington DC and wish I could find it where I live.

#44 Edited by BeardyDuck (114 posts) -

@vuud said:

They gotta find some of that east coast giant pizza like this:

I had a slice that was bigger than this when I was in Washington DC and wish I could find it where I live.

This looks like a real shitty way of eating pizza IMO.

#45 Posted by ToTheNines (826 posts) -
#46 Edited by HerbieBug (4208 posts) -

Just so happens there used to be (not sure if still?) an adult video entertainment based website that had some intriguing pizza involvement. >__>

Also I eat pizza with cutlery. You're all savages.

#47 Edited by InfiniteGeass (2058 posts) -

I hope it's just 4 hours of Vinny sobbing while eating pizza all by himself in a dark room. Calling out for his waifu, Jeffery-chan.