Part 2 of Bonus Round w/ Jeff - Question about Pachter's Comments

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

So on the latest edition of Bonus Round (part 2 I believe it is), there was a point where they were all talking about Guitar Hero.  Pachter started ranting about, like he does with his business mumbo jumbo, and then he mentioned - lo and behold - something about Guitar Hero looking to do Hendrix and Metallica like they did with Aerosmith.

Now, I know that Slash had said in a Rolling Stone interview that they were doing a Hendrix, but Activision has denied it up and down.  Now there's an ANALYST saying it.

Was there an official announcement and I missed it or something...because if not...I think Pachter just announced it for everyone.  -_-

Jeff, do you in particular have any comments about this...or the droning of Pachter's voice?  o.O
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Coltonio7

I've heard....nothing about a GH: Hendrix before that.

But it seems plausible. Not sure who has the rights to the Hendrix songs though.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By wefwefasdf

I wouldn't be surprised. I wish Guitar Hero would go more to DLC though.

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

Uggh. That just feels so wrong. I hope Jimi doesn't get his own GH game.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Lemegeton

i wouldn't pay any attention to what pachter says but i suppose a guitar hero: hendrix would not be much of a stretch. maybe activision are planning it but have not gotten any rights yet and have to deny any claims regarding it.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rowr
jakob187 said:
"So on the latest edition of Bonus Round (part 2 I believe it is), there was a point where they were all talking about Guitar Hero.  Pachter started ranting about, like he does with his business mumbo jumbo, and then he mentioned - lo and behold - something about Guitar Hero looking to do Hendrix and Metallica like they did with Aerosmith.
Now, I know that Slash had said in a Rolling Stone interview that they were doing a Hendrix, but Activision has denied it up and down.  Now there's an ANALYST saying it.

Was there an official announcement and I missed it or something...because if not...I think Pachter just announced it for everyone.  -_-

Jeff, do you in particular have any comments about this...or the droning of Pachter's voice?  o.O
"
I enjoyed listening to pachters "business mumbo jumbo".

The man's track record for predicting the games industry is unmatched.

I guess some people just want dudes jumping around screaming "OMG FPS", out of their game discussion.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

It would be so awesome if Hendrix became a reality... I remember reading earlier this year the Activision boss saying he has intentions of bringing all the greats into the GH franchise. And that they would be doing their hardest to tie up deals with the respective owners of the content.  The story was in relation to how the The Beatles may come to GH I recall..

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jakob187
Rowr said:
"jakob187 said:
"So on the latest edition of Bonus Round (part 2 I believe it is), there was a point where they were all talking about Guitar Hero.  Pachter started ranting about, like he does with his business mumbo jumbo, and then he mentioned - lo and behold - something about Guitar Hero looking to do Hendrix and Metallica like they did with Aerosmith.

"
I enjoyed listening to pachters "business mumbo jumbo".

The man's track record for predicting the games industry is unmatched.

I guess some people just want dudes jumping around screaming "OMG FPS", out of their game discussion.

"
I don't mind business mumbo jumbo either.  I just prefer it to be from someone with more delivery and excitement about the industry than Ben Stein...and I also prefer it to be from someone that doesn't claim to have played every video game that he's talking about...because for some reason, I doubt he's played LittleBigPlanet yet.  =  /
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Shadow

I'm just glad I finally know how Jeff got fat.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jakob187
Shadow said:
"I'm just glad I finally know how Jeff got fat."
Him and me must share the same diet!
Well, I mean...he used Mickey D's...I use Whataburger!!!