#1 Posted by RedCream (706 posts) -

So what are some franchises you want to be revived and would you prefer it be done by the original team or a new developer?

My biggest wish is that Troika Games get back together and make a sequel to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines or anything at all. Ah, maybe in an alternate reality.

#2 Posted by Levius (1205 posts) -

I would love a Ring of Red sequel, any dev would do. A true open world follow up to Red Faction: Guerrilla would be awesome too, sadly it seems Volition has moved on.

#3 Posted by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

I'm still hoping for a new Syphon Filter on the ps3. I don't ink it's going to happen though.

#4 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

A new TimeSplitters would be nice, preferably by the remnants of Free Radical. Of course, my greatest wish would be a new Silent Hill from the original team that made those games so good, i.e. Team Silent circa SH1-4.

#5 Posted by Shirogane (3581 posts) -

I think the obvious one here is Dungeon Keeper. And now i'm going to get people raging at me cause i just reminded them of how there's probalby never going to be a DK3.

A new Dune game would be great too.

#6 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

i dont know if it technically counts,but i wish star wars would get some good games made for it. the only great one this gen lego star wars. the force unleashed games were ok,not great.id love to see some more games as good as battlefront or knights of the old republic.

also half life.for the life of me i dont understand why valve wont make another one. they have an IP worth millions and millions of dollars and they just let it collect dust. also RARE. i miss perfect dark and donkey kong and conker!

#7 Posted by Brodehouse (10107 posts) -
@MightyDuck
I'm still hoping for a new Syphon Filter on the ps3. I don't ink it's going to happen though.
Yeah man. Despite the fact that I never enjoyed any of those games, the idea of an international action/thriller spy story involving a deadly biological agent just has cache with me. I guess it was something of a Metal Gear Solid clone, but it's not like we have a ton of those anymore.
#8 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I want some fresh IP, man! Gimme something new to chew on, devs!

#9 Posted by dirkfunk (175 posts) -

Strider.

He's such a cool character. I'm sure many people have forgotten Strider Hiryu used to actually star in his own series of action games. A remake of the original arcade game would even be incredible.

#10 Posted by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

@Brodehouse: I agree with you. The theme and plot of the games was pretty enjoyable. I loved 1 and 2 for the ps1. Never did play 3 or any of the PSP versions. I wasn't a huge fan of the ps2 version.

@benjaebe: I missed out on Timesplitters back when they were new, but after watching some gameplay of them, I think it would be great to have them back. Long live Free Radical!

#11 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

@Ravenlight: i almost said this. pretty much all of my old favorite francises are either still around or i get a hd version of them so im happy. this gen does seem to have been short on new ips. its like they just took every francise from the first year or two this gen and just keep making more.

#12 Posted by MocBucket62 (1262 posts) -

I'm always up for new IP. For old franchises, I'd like Firaxis to make a sequel to or make another reboot of SId Meier's Pirates. I know they rebooted it in 2004, but its been awhile since I've last played that 2004 Pirates game. I can say the same thing for games like Alpha Centauri, which is something else I'd like to be brought back.

#13 Posted by Defias (171 posts) -

A sequel to getting up:contents under pressure. There has been very few games that embraced graff. Plus it had an interesting system for spray painting. Sure the game had flaws but a game where it was done right would be great

#14 Posted by niamahai (1407 posts) -

Bully 2.

#15 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Where the fuck is my Conkers Bad Fur Day Sequel!

#16 Posted by dr_mantas (2017 posts) -

I'm with you on a new Vampire: The Masquerade!

I also wish they made another KOTOR game...

It's sad that nothing EVER happened with that franchise after KOTOR II...

#17 Posted by nate6858 (166 posts) -

I'd take another Planescape: Torment game. The same game with updated graphics would also be a-ok!

#18 Posted by Irvandus (2886 posts) -

Final Fantasy buh dum tish.

More seriously though a new Icewind Dale would make my day.

#19 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Road Rash 
Perfect Dark
The WWF No Mercy style wrestlers, these new ones are not fun at all, only Legends came close to the arcade fun of No Mercy.
Earthbound

#20 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5152 posts) -

Jade Empire 2, make it happen!

#21 Posted by 49th (2820 posts) -

Jak and Daxter. But none of that realistic reboot they were talking about. Not surprised it didn't work out, it sounded like shit.

#22 Posted by wewantsthering (1586 posts) -

@benjaebe said:

A new TimeSplitters would be nice, preferably by the remnants of Free Radical. Of course, my greatest wish would be a new Silent Hill from the original team that made those games so good, i.e. Team Silent circa SH1-4.

Yes!

#23 Edited by AndrewB (7686 posts) -

For developers: Black Isle and KID. The thing is, it's really dumb to wish such a thing most of the time, because the talent from these fallen developers pretty much always just move on to other companies or found their own.

I feel like I'm being unoriginal here, but definitely KOTOR. It was totally great having a good Star Wars RPG, even if it doesn't hold up very well today (again, I feel like that's the fault of the shoehorned D&D-based underlying systems).

In a similar vein, I'd like to see another game starring the only fucking Jedi that matters: Kyle Katarn. And not one where he makes a half-assed cameo. Yes, I want another Jedi Knight game (that Jedi Knight 2 E3 reveal is *still* in my mind as I think about this).

I'd like to see a complete re-do of Alpha Centauri in the Civ V engine developed by Firaxis.

A new Black and White game with modern tech has some potential, although maybe not without Peter Molyneux. Who knows.

Then there's Psychonauts and Beyond Good and Evil. Guess we still may be getting the latter eventually (there's even a page for it).

I want a sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics that isn't a kiddied-up version, but I guess there's still options for tactics games out there (the recent Tactics Ogre for the PSP).

Oh, and since I mentioned KID, I'd have liked to see infinitely more games in the Infinity series, but I'm okay with the one VN/Adventure game series that seems to have picked up enough traction to make it to the States in the Extreme Escape series (otherwise known as 999 and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward... that's great for brand awareness, right?). Not so okay with the fact that one of the other brilliant writers for that series is making other VNs that I'll never see unless I learn Japanese and spend a ton to find now out-of-print import copies.

Finally, someday I'd really like to see an honest-to-god new Persona game, although maybe it hasn't been long enough to make this list. Otherwise I'd totally include Half-Life on here.

#24 Posted by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

I'm probably the only one here, but I'd love if Jet Moto was brought back. That was one of my favorite racing games back on the original playstation. I want to say that was a SingleTrac and David Jaffe joint? I could be wrong though.

The diverse tracks, good soundtrack for the time, and cheesy 90's corporate sponsorship made it memorable.

#25 Posted by Nightriff (5257 posts) -

Silicon Knights I just want to sign a contract with Nintendo and make good games again. Something Eternal Darkness related whether that is an hd reboot or a sequel would be fantastic to see. How about Bioware goes back to when they made good RPG's instead of cover based shooters.

#26 Posted by DemiGodRaven (276 posts) -

@MightyDuck said:

I'm probably the only one here, but I'd love if Jet Moto was brought back. That was one of my favorite racing games back on the original playstation. I want to say that was a SingleTrac and David Jaffe joint? I could be wrong though.

The diverse tracks, good soundtrack for the time, and cheesy 90's corporate sponsorship made it memorable.

I would be far too excited for a new Jet Moto. Literally what I was going to come into this thread and say.

That and XtremeG. Breaking the sound barrier in XGRA was always fun.

#27 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

A proper Age of Empires equal.

#28 Posted by QuistisTrepe (628 posts) -

I'd like to see a clean reboot of Phantasy Star, with completely revamped gameplay and greater character development. Guess I'm just suffering from a nostalgia flash.

#29 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Give me a sequel to Breakdown. Never has a more compelling story that begged for a sequel ever not... been sequelized.

#30 Posted by Lagaroth (171 posts) -

Battle Realms 2

Evil Genius 2

#31 Posted by Deathmachine117 (377 posts) -

Bully 2,

Dino Crisis,

Homeworld 3,

Streets of Rage.

#32 Posted by Mousse_gallon (210 posts) -

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/mousse_gallon/games-that-need-a-remake-or-port-plus/46-22727/

#33 Posted by fox01313 (5088 posts) -

Crazy as it sounds, wouldn't mind having a more up to date (yet wacky as the original) for Shadow Warrior. Thought that they did a lot on the original game for creating a world with a ton of interesting weapons, throwing in a ton of anime/pop culture stuff, had some great music yet got completely overshadowed by other games at the time. Plus it'd be easier to salvage that franchise than Blood after that lackluster sequel. Also Nocturne (mainly because it still can't run on as far as I know on Vista/Win7), a great mix of the Untouchables with the X-Files with some fun moments, interesting settings with a great game world full of rich occult history to explore.

Carmageddon & Racing Destruction Set would be other good ones but saw some recent concept art for Carmageddon so no clue where that one is at but someone is working on the ideas of bringing more to that franchise.

#34 Posted by Svenzon (728 posts) -

Agreeing with a new Pirates from Firaxis. That would be so damn cool!

And for devs, I'd like to see Looking Glass revived. Imagine what they could make with modern technology!