#1 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -

Patrick's father passed away yesterday. So I figure a thread was in order to pass along condolences from the Giant Bomb community, and also just appreciation for what he brings to the site. My father passed away not too long ago, and it was the hardest thing I've ever been through. So I think this will make Patrick smile when he gets a chance to see this. =)

#2 Posted by Winternet (8005 posts) -

All my best wishes for Patrick "Tricky" Klepek and his family.

#3 Posted by Anund (876 posts) -

That's really horrible, I hope he and his family pulls through. Hugs for Patrick :(

#4 Posted by Zacagawea (1581 posts) -

I was just about to make a thread about this. Best wishes to Tricky.

#5 Posted by sub_o (835 posts) -

I am very sorry to hear about his loss.

#6 Posted by GreasyWeasel (17 posts) -

Good thinking wmausten55. It's these difficult times in life when it's nice to be reminded how many people care about you. Our thoughts go out to Patrick and his family at this very sad time.

#7 Edited by Metal_Mills (2980 posts) -

I'm so sorry Patrick for your loss. :( At least your Dad got to see you grow up and get engaged to the woman you love. Honour the beginning of a new chapter of your life to the man that made you who you are today.

#8 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

My condolences.

#9 Posted by TobbRobb (4579 posts) -

We are here for you Patty boy!

#10 Posted by Brenderous (1097 posts) -

So sorry to hear about this. My condolences to you and your family, Patrick.

#11 Posted by The_Nubster (2046 posts) -

My condolences, Patrick. At least his final moments were in a place that he loved. Even though he won't be around in the flesh, you will always have his memory. Good luck to you going forward. It'll be hard, but you're surrounded by people who want to be there for you!

#12 Posted by jschmoe (141 posts) -

Sorry, duder. Surround yourself with friends and family, there are a bunch of people who care about you.

#13 Posted by Roger_Klotz (764 posts) -

So sorry for your loss Patrick. :( You have done an excellent job on this website, and I bet your dad was very proud of you.

#14 Posted by EnchantedEcho (738 posts) -

Hope your OK Patrick, we love you :D

#15 Posted by Dogma (943 posts) -

It's really shame that you father never get to see you go down the aisle with the woman you love. I'm so sorry to hear about this Patrick. My condolences to you and your family. Take some time of to reflect and think and get back to us when you feel better.

And as this also was an appreciation thread I will also say that you are the best thing that has happened to Giant Bomb during this year. Screw the haters. This site continues delivering interesting, fun and thoughtprovoking content and you are a big part of that. The quality writing you do is among the best in the field. I have always supported you since you came here and I will keep doing so.

Once again...my condolences.

#16 Posted by Aviar (408 posts) -

Sorry for your loss. You have my condolences.

#17 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2004 posts) -

Our thoughts are with you, Patrick.

#18 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

sorry for your loss. *hugs* :(

#19 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

I'm sure he'll attend your wedding Patrick, even if it's "just" in your thoughts.

#20 Posted by conmulligan (303 posts) -

So sorry for your loss, Patrick.

#21 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Wow this truly blows. Fucking sorry to hear man.

#22 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

So sorry duder. Will never be able to imagine the pain that you're probably experiencing until that fateful day...Wish you the best.

#23 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

I don't know what it feels like to loss your dad. Still, I hope you take all the time you need to mourn your loss. Take care, Patrick.

#24 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I'm sorry Patrick. Stay strong.

#25 Posted by JordanaRama (161 posts) -

Losing someone is the worst. Sorry for your loss, sir.

#26 Posted by NegativeCero (2976 posts) -

Sorry for your loss, Patrick.

#27 Posted by probablytuna (3534 posts) -

Sorry to hear Patrick. :(

#28 Posted by Ramone (2959 posts) -

My condolences Patrick

#29 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -

Stay strong and awesome Patrick! We all love everything you've done for the site.

#30 Posted by Pkshields (810 posts) -

Deepest condolences Patrick, your completely right when you said we should cherish the moments we have together.

#31 Posted by mak_wikus (503 posts) -

So sorry for your loss, Patrick. We're all with you.

#32 Posted by CookieMonster (2416 posts) -

Poor guy. Hope hes alright.

#33 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

My condolences, Patrick

#34 Posted by jonnybob (166 posts) -

All the best Patrick, my condolences.....

#35 Posted by Brenderous (1097 posts) -

@Dogma said:

And as this also was an appreciation thread I will also say that you are the best thing that has happened to Giant Bomb during this year. Screw the haters. This site continues delivering interesting, fun and thoughtprovoking content and you are a big part of that. The quality writing you do is among the best in the field.

This.

#36 Posted by TwoLines (2788 posts) -

Ah, hell man. That's horrible. Sorry for your loss Patrick.

#37 Posted by Jayzilla (2555 posts) -

Sorry for your loss, Patrick. May he rest in peace.

#38 Posted by Mathey (412 posts) -

Deepest condolences, Patrick. Best wishes to you and yours in this difficult time.

#39 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7050 posts) -

Sorry for your loss, Patrick. My condolences.

#40 Posted by NapTimeSleeper (329 posts) -

I'm sorry for your loss.

#41 Posted by endaround (2138 posts) -

Its hard to imagine the mix of feelings you are going through now and over the next few weeks. My condolences.

#42 Posted by hangedtoaster (156 posts) -

My condolences to you and your family Patrick, losing a loved one always sucks real hard. My thoughts and prayers go out to you today, Thank you so much for the hard work that you put into this site

#43 Posted by Atary77 (502 posts) -

My thoughts and prayers are with Patrick and his family.

#44 Posted by AlisterCat (5481 posts) -

Terrible thing to happen. Hope Patrick is with his family.

#45 Posted by pyromagnestir (4242 posts) -

I never know what to say in these kinds of things. But I would like to add my voice to the support.

#46 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

My condolences to you and your family.

#47 Posted by OtakuGamer (1224 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

I never know what to say in these kinds of things. But I would like to add my voice to the support.

Same here. Man... sorry for your loss.

#48 Posted by Ett (183 posts) -

My condolences

#49 Posted by Pazy (2561 posts) -

Sorry for your loss Patrick.

#50 Posted by Zaccheus (1788 posts) -

"The last conversation I had with my dad was about the suite he was going to wear to my wedding in a few weeks." Fuck man, that's just heartbreaking. I dread the day this will happen to me. I'm sorry for your loss.