#2 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

Sweet!

#3 Posted by ObsideonDarman (641 posts) -

Awesome! can't wait for the livestream to hear the duders opinions on whatever the hell Sony decide to show today.

#4 Posted by Winternet (8008 posts) -

Schweeeet!

#6 Posted by 49th (2697 posts) -

Cool, I look forward to seeing him back!

#7 Posted by Fattony12000 (7101 posts) -

He's more words now than man. His mind is twisted and evil.

#8 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

FUCK PATRICK / I LOVE PATRICK

#9 Posted by UlquioKani (1031 posts) -

When is the live stream?

#10 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

When is the live stream?

It's in four hours, sir. Well, 3 hours and 50 minutes.

Online
#11 Edited by Branthog (7349 posts) -

1) I don't believe the live stream is a live stream of the Sony meeting. It's a live stream of GB post meeting.

2) I've never been able to figure out the Tumblr blogging service. Maybe I'm too old, but almost every Tumblr blog I've stumbled across has just seemed really void of content bordering on spam (usually just ending posts of pictures or random shitty comments from teenagers).

3) I'm scared that Patrick might end up telling us gross surgery stories and I'm too much of a pussy for those.

#12 Posted by Animasta (14651 posts) -

@branthog said:

1) I don't believe the live stream is a live stream of the Sony meeting. It's a live stream of GB post meeting.

2) I've never been able to figure out the Tumblr blogging service. Maybe I'm too old, but almost every Tumblr blog I've stumbled across has just seemed really void of content bordering on spam (usually just ending posts of pictures or random shitty comments from teenagers).

3) I'm scared that Patrick might end up telling us gross surgery stories and I'm too much of a pussy for those.

jeff's and patrick's are just them answering questions, because formspring sucks or something.

also apparently this was a baby level surgery so I wouldn't worry so much

#13 Posted by Rotten_Avocado (83 posts) -

I'll be honest with you, I kind of liked it more without him.
I'm really not a Patrick hater, but I just don't like his work that much.
He's a very competent writer, don't get me wrong. I just don't find his topics of choice to interesting. For example, that dark sector story? (Although, the TWD feature was very good).
Also, his quicklooks tend to be the most boring and lacking in energy and character.
Sometimes I can't even watch them.

#14 Posted by Grelik (144 posts) -

I mean, with all due respect, unless there's some head trauma or something, why would you have to be cleared to come back to work? He types and talks, not like his job requires anything physical or demanding.

Glad he's okay though. Sucks to get injured like that. Especially to break a bone.

#15 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

Glad to hear Patrick is feeling better and will be appearing on the stream. Hopefully he demonstrates his awesome new cyborg shoulder by lifting super heavy stuff. That's how that works, right?

#17 Posted by MachoFantastico (4517 posts) -

Good news! Always appreciate Patrick's opinion.

Online
#18 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5272 posts) -

Good. He'll be there to get the Scoop on the new Playstation. Welcome back RoboScoop!

#19 Edited by wrecks (2217 posts) -
#20 Edited by Branthog (7349 posts) -

@rotten_avocado said:

I'll be honest with you, I kind of liked it more without him.

I'm really not a Patrick hater, but I just don't like his work that much.

He's a very competent writer, don't get me wrong. I just don't find his topics of choice to interesting. For example, that dark sector story? (Although, the TWD feature was very good).

Also, his quicklooks tend to be the most boring and lacking in energy and character.

Sometimes I can't even watch them.

I would say "just don't read his stuff if you don't like it", but I think the problem is that when it comes to news/written content on the site that isn't just "here's a trailer!" or "here's today's industry news copied and pasted from my RSS feed this morning!" or "here's my review of this game!", @patrickklepek is the only person who really produces anything. For the most part, I really like Patrick's content (the only exception being the topics I feel are reaching epic-proportions of industry social-issue-navel-gazing that is hardly unique to him and is something everyone gets caught up in).

However, I would definitely like to see other people follow his lead and start creating more content. Jeff and everyone does their various video pieces (Jar Time, Breaking Brad, etc) -- but none of them really sit down and say "I'm going to begin a series of pieces on the peculiar history of XYZ developer or ABC genre of games". I think the solution to "please everybody" isn't for Patrick to create less content. It's for the others to create more. Unless you just wanted reviews and random video content, this place would be pretty fucking dead and cricket-chirpity without Patrick.

@grelik said:

I mean, with all due respect, unless there's some head trauma or something, why would you have to be cleared to come back to work? He types and talks, not like his job requires anything physical or demanding.

Glad he's okay though. Sucks to get injured like that. Especially to break a bone.

The first time I read that, I thought you said hair trauma which would be totally fitting. Heh.

#21 Edited by Branthog (7349 posts) -

@wrecks said:

@branthog: Pretty sure they are streaming the actual mtg, but I could be wrong.

The "coming up" blurb said 5:30pm PT / 8:30pm ET, which is almsot three hours after the meeting starts. However, I just reloaded the homepage and it looks like it was updated to say 3:30pm PT, which is a half hour before the Sony meeting, so . . . looks like they are doing it live! :D

#22 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

Whatever Sony has to show can't top the reveal of Patrickbot now.

#23 Posted by Rotten_Avocado (83 posts) -

@branthog: I will retort with a "well spoken sir!"

#25 Posted by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -

i wonder if patrick will reveal the arc reactor that's keeping his collarbone intact. i'm also hoping his new laser eye doesn't interfere with vinny's a/v setup.

(joking aside, it'll be sweet to have his insights for the announcement. glad to have him back).

#26 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

KLEPTOK HAS RETURNED.

#27 Posted by Branthog (7349 posts) -

i wonder if patrick will reveal the arc reactor that's keeping his collarbone intact. i'm also hoping his new laser eye doesn't interfere with vinny's a/v setup.

(joking aside, it'll be sweet to have his insights for the announcement. glad to have him back).

@patrickklepek only gives a fuck about the PS4 announcement, because he's considering using it to power the robot brain he's getting this year, to compliment his robot collar bone.

#29 Posted by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -

@branthog: AND NOTICE JEFF IS CONVENIENTLY OUT OF THE OFFICE. OH MY GOD- HE IS COMPLICIT IN THE CYBORG COUP D'ETAT.

FOLLOW THE MONEY.