Really? One of them should've been a woman

#3 Posted by RecSpec (3827 posts) -

Worked well for RE6.

#4 Posted by Knite (146 posts) -

Only one polo shirt? Unacceptable.

#5 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

@Venatio said:

Why? So you can feel like you have to protect her? You sexist pig.

#6 Posted by RecSpec (3827 posts) -

If Rockstar makes it Claude, Tommy and CJ, I will buy this game day 1. Not a fan of the series. 

#7 Posted by Dagbiker (6977 posts) -

I don't think any woman actually works at rockstar

#8 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@RecSpec said:

If Rockstar makes it Claude, Tommy and CJ, I will buy this game day 1. Not a fan of the series.

If you're not a fan of the series why would you want to play as the old characters?

And why were people expecting a female protagonist? Why mind is being boggled.

#9 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Can't wait for another california GTA, playing through GTAIV right now makes me want a bigger map with the same engine.

#10 Posted by AjayRaz (12429 posts) -

@RecSpec said:

huh? why would you buy it then?

#11 Posted by ModernAlkemie (364 posts) -

Seeing this makes me want to go boot up Saints Row the Third again.

#12 Posted by RecSpec (3827 posts) -
@PeasantAbuse: Because it would be a ballsy decision. And I played through 3 and half of Vice City. Nothing new they do can bring me in.
#13 Edited by Eidderf (507 posts) -

@RecSpec:Sounds like it would be more like playing it safe if they just used characters fans already knew since they could count on fans of the old games coming back in that scenario, it's more ballsy for them to have three unknown protagonists.

#14 Posted by TooWalrus (13218 posts) -

I'm not sure why multiple protagonists is exciting...

#15 Edited by Chaser324 (6585 posts) -

Has the multiple protagonists thing actually been confirmed, or are you just making assumptions based on the cover art?

#16 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

@RecSpec said:

@PeasantAbuse: Because it would be a ballsy decision. And I played through 3 and half of Vice City. Nothing new they do can bring me in.

So they can only do old things?

Like use old characters... from the games you played... that didn't sell you on the series.

Um.

#17 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

@Chaser324: "Over the course of 18 pages (our biggest cover story yet!), we introduce the three main protagonists, discuss the groundbreaking way you use them, and explore the biggest open world Rockstar has created to date. The massive feature also divulges and dissects many more aspects of the game fans won't want to miss."

Link.

#18 Posted by Chaser324 (6585 posts) -

@Hitchenson: Thanks for the link!

#19 Posted by laserbolts (5323 posts) -

Already a thread for this but I guess the title will bring more discussion here. Have they confirmed multiple protagonists?

#20 Posted by RecSpec (3827 posts) -
@GetEveryone: Basically, I want "Pedestrians Riot" and "Pedestrians Have Weapons" cheat codes.  
Not saying the game should have that, any game that caters to the majority is foolish. I just liked breaking the PS2 versions.
#21 Posted by Chaser324 (6585 posts) -

@laserbolts: Yes. I was confused about that too. OP should've included the source link:

"Over the course of 18 pages (our biggest cover story yet!), we introduce the three main protagonists, discuss the groundbreaking way you use them, and explore the biggest open world Rockstar has created to date. The massive feature also divulges and dissects many more aspects of the game fans won't want to miss."

Link.

#22 Posted by Zippedbinders (998 posts) -

@Hitchenson said:

@Chaser324: "Over the course of 18 pages (our biggest cover story yet!), we introduce the three main protagonists, discuss the groundbreaking way you use them, and explore the biggest open world Rockstar has created to date. The massive feature also divulges and dissects many more aspects of the game fans won't want to miss."

Link.

I thought it was confirmed that this wasn't nearly as big as San Andreas was? San Andreas was a whole fucking state.

#23 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@Venatio said:

Why? I don't get this same complaint coming from multiple people online.

#24 Posted by Draugen (651 posts) -

Hope they're not as bland as they look.

#25 Edited by Chaser324 (6585 posts) -

@Zippedbinders: Well, the digital issue of Game Informer is hitting in a few hours, so I'm sure there will be a deluge of info soon after that.

#26 Edited by Venatio (4491 posts) -

@BestUsernameEver said:

@Venatio said:

I just think it would've been an interesting and new perspective, GTA has never had a female lead. I'm not saying I won't play the game because of this, it's still one of my most wanted games but It's a missed oppurtunity

#27 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -
@AjayRaz

@RecSpec said:

huh? why would you buy it then?

You can tell he's not a fan because very few fans like CJ. Such a bad character.
#28 Posted by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -

If this game has Tommy, I'm in. Not sure I like the idea of 3 different main characters but I think Rockstar can pull it off, they are Rockstar after all.

#29 Posted by Maajin (1068 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

Well, for starters, it's at least something different from what they've done before.

#30 Posted by aquamarin (555 posts) -

All three guys look too self-serious.

#31 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1632 posts) -

@Bucketdeth said:

If this game has Tommy, I'm in. Not sure I like the idea of 3 different main characters but I think Rockstar can pull it off, they are Rockstar after all.

idk ... "They are rockstar" only means to me they can make good sandbox games with a decent story that contradicts itself on every corner with stupid protagonists. I'm with the GB crew on this one. Marston in RDR was the first protaginist they made I understood.

#32 Posted by Solh0und (1779 posts) -

Well let's hope each protagonist's stories are fleshed out and not major rush jobs.

#33 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

I don't think any woman actually works at rockstar

i know several woman who work for rockstar in lincoln (UK) where they do QA.

#34 Posted by Baillie (4190 posts) -

If it is the three characters from the GTA III series, I will literally eat my... something. You guys can decide.

#35 Posted by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

@Venatio said:

@BestUsernameEver said:

@Venatio said:

I just think it would've been an interesting and new perspective, GTA has never had a female lead. I'm not saying I won't play the game because of this, it's still one of my most wanted games but It's a missed oppurtunity

It would be interesting for sure. They would have to change a lot of the GTA fundamentals. I feel like if a female protagonist is ever included, everyone would just make a big deal about it. Like in reality whenever someone says, "This person is the first female or minority to accomplish X". It always puts me off, I feel like to achieve equality we need to stop making a big deal out of those sort of events.

#36 Posted by MikkaQ (10294 posts) -

My gut reaction is that it's a terrible idea and none of the characters will have the level of development I've come to appreciate from Rockstar protagonists.

#37 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

@Zippedbinders said:

@Hitchenson said:

Link.

I thought it was confirmed that this wasn't nearly as big as San Andreas was? San Andreas was a whole fucking state.

Right, but I think the map itself is bigger than San Andreas (which was large, but the cities themselves kinda small).

#38 Posted by TooWalrus (13218 posts) -

@Maajin said:

@TooWalrus said:

Well, for starters, it's at least something different from what they've done before.

Except for LA Noire (which is a totally different style of game, but character development is never done through gameplay.) Is that all it takes, anyway? Sure, it's a change, but not necessarily an exciting one. I mean, rarely do I find myself thinking "you know what, this is great, but I wish my character's model looked slightly different for awhile." I think it depends on how the story is presented. I think if it's three deeply intertwined stories that all lead up to a single conclusion, it could be great, but if it's just three mostly separate stories... well, I'd rather have one long fully fleshed-out story than 3 shorter ones that happen to take place in the GTA world.

#39 Posted by CaLe (3994 posts) -

It's great to see them go for something like this. If it works I expect a lot more games to imitate it in future.

#40 Posted by The_Nubster (2169 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

I'm not sure about the general consensus, but I've always felt that the GTA games dragged on for far too long without the protagonists developing in any interesting way, so by creating three shorter, interweaving stories, hopefully the characters will develop more quickly and also have more meaningful interaction with the other protagonists, while keeping the pace quicker than it has been in the past (story-wise).

#41 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

I guess it's not all that different from the GTA IV DLC, except that's the game now.

#42 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

well i hope they do something good with that. it will be weird to have three protagonist.

#43 Posted by mikey87144 (1781 posts) -

@Venatio said:

What is the obsession with wanting to play as a female protagonist in GTA?

#44 Posted by Ghostiet (5284 posts) -

CALLED THIS DURING THE REVEAL TRAILER BITCH

I'm happy, can't wait for GTAV.

#45 Edited by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

@mikey87144: It's cause Patrick said it once, so now it's law.

#46 Posted by Milkman (16838 posts) -
@RecSpec
That would be exactly the opposite of ballsy.
#47 Posted by Illuminosopher (329 posts) -

I don't know anything about these three characters but I can tell I already don't care about them, just more of the same.

#48 Posted by LastNinja (281 posts) -
#49 Posted by Schmollian (262 posts) -

Wow, those three dudes could very well be the guys from 3, VC, and SA. Dude on the left looks like an over the hill, run down man in his fifties, which could very well be Tommy. The guys in the center and right look like the're in their mid to late thirties, with the one on the right maybe pushing forty. Those add up with CJ and Claude.

Rockstar, this has potential to be the greatest thing you have ever done.

#50 Posted by Ghostiet (5284 posts) -

@Schmollian said:

Wow, those three dudes could very well be the guys from 3, VC, and SA. Dude on the left looks like an over the hill, run down man in his fifties, which could very well be Tommy. The guys in the center and right look like the're in their mid to late thirties, with the one on the right maybe pushing forty. Those add up with CJ and Claude.

Rockstar, this has potential to be the greatest thing you have ever done.

GTA4 is a completely separate universe and timeline. Why is everyone assuming that these are going to be the protagonists of the GTA3 trilogy?