#1 Edited by StarFoxA (5137 posts) -

I just played through Askiisoft's (the devs of 2010's Tower of Heaven, which is also worth your time) latest game, Pause Ahead. This game has one of the coolest mechanics I've seen recently, and is certainly worth the 40 minutes or so it takes to play through. Plus, it has a bangin' chiptune soundtrack!

Here's where you can check it out.

#2 Posted by mracoon (4947 posts) -

That's a pretty fun game with a neat mechanic. I swear I played a game in last year's Molyjam with the exact same mechanic, maybe it was made by the same people.

#3 Edited by StarFoxA (5137 posts) -

@mracoon: Yup! Fairly sure this is the finished version of that.

Here's video of the Molyjam version.

#4 Posted by Timing (618 posts) -

Pretty cool. The final boss admittedly took me a couple of tries (34 according to the stat screen) but it was fun nonetheless.

And yes, the music is great. You can download the soundtrack on Bandcamp:

Pause Ahead OST Side A by Bill Kiley

Pause Ahead OST Side B by Flashygoodness (who if I'm not mistaken did the music for Tower of Heaven as well)

@starfoxa said:

@mracoon: Yup! Fairly sure this is the finished version of that.

Here's video of the Molyjam version.

You should probably let Patrick know that this game is now complete, I'm sure he'd feature it on worth playing, especially considering it's from Molyjam.

#5 Edited by StarFoxA (5137 posts) -

@timing: Yup, I forgot to link to the soundtrack, thanks! Flashygoodness did do the music for Tower of Heaven. And I sent Patrick a message when I put this thread up!