• 55 results
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By subject2change

Everything is available. Boot camp into Windows.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

@oldschool said:
" @Bellum said:
" @oldschool: I don't know, man, my experience with the hardware I put together myself hasn't been much worse than that. Back when I had a dell, the HD went out a couple months after buying it, and because I bought a shitty case I've got constant airflow problems with my current custom, but otherwise I've had no problems, and I've never been as cautious with my tower as I should be.  I think to imply that the hardware you buy from newegg or whatever is going to be unreliable is a huge exaggeration, at least. "
I believe what I was trying to say was that in comparison, the Mac is likely to be far more reliable - like a PS3 versus a 360  :-) "

Considering how reliable some other manufacturers are, it's hard to imagine. I wouldn't mind seeing some statistics on the issue; I doubt mac hardware (from the current architecture, anyway, which from my understanding is a glorified IBM compatible that is hard to modify) has a life expectancy that is on average far above the rest.
CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By CoverlessTech
@Bellum said:
" @oldschool said:
" @Bellum said:
" @oldschool: I don't know, man, my experience with the hardware I put together myself hasn't been much worse than that. Back when I had a dell, the HD went out a couple months after buying it, and because I bought a shitty case I've got constant airflow problems with my current custom, but otherwise I've had no problems, and I've never been as cautious with my tower as I should be.  I think to imply that the hardware you buy from newegg or whatever is going to be unreliable is a huge exaggeration, at least. "
I believe what I was trying to say was that in comparison, the Mac is likely to be far more reliable - like a PS3 versus a 360  :-) "
 Considering how reliable some other manufacturers are, it's hard to imagine. I wouldn't mind seeing some statistics on the issue; I doubt mac hardware (from the current architecture, anyway, which from my understanding is a glorified IBM compatible that is hard to modify) has a life expectancy that is on average far above the rest. "
The internals of a Mac are pretty much exactly the same as any generic Intel/NVidia computer you buy at a shop. There is nothing special about the hardware in a Mac. oldschool's complaint seems to be about Windows, which has nothing to do with the hardware. Like you said you can install Mac OSX on your custom PC or store bought PC. The PS3 vs. 360 remark is pretty much the most ignorant thing I've read in a while, the hardware of my custom build is actually better then whats in a Mac, I have the same CPU and a better Video card then an iMac plus I have better coolers and warranties on each part.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Rowr
@Kombat said:

" I wonder if everyone posting "lolmac" realizes that the entire Giant Bomb staff use Macs.  Aren't you all supposed to be sucking up to them as per usual? "

Ofcourse, they are all console kids.

I think we all know you dont use a mac with the intent to play games though.

Macs are for people who like art design or dont know how to use real computers or both. 

Also pretentious hipsters.
scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By scarace360

go get cross over games and go on steam and buy pc games its that easy.